A few All Star Movies Questions

JungleCruiseFan

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we have decided to do APs again this year so we are going to stay as cheap as possible this summer. Past trips we have stayed at Saratoga Springs, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach twice and Pop Century twice.
We are considering All Star Movies for a few reasons.
1. Price cheaper than Pop
2. Theming. My 4yo daughter LOVES Toy Story and Mickey.
3. Kiddie Pool. This one with the small splash area looks better than all the other values.
4. Something new. We enjoyed Pop both times we stayed there but we have only stayed onsite at 4 resorts over 6 onsite trips so we would like to try something new.

Some possible negatives we are worried about which are my questions is buses. First, I have heard conflicting reports, does All Star Movies share buses with other All Star Resorts typically during middle and late August?
Secondly, what's the commute time like to Magic Kingdom? We usually stay onsite for 2 weeks and go to Magic Kingdom at least 6 times, and this year we will also have a 9 month old so we might want to take an afternoon break.

Sorry for the long post, any information or additional advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

All Star Movies is a very small resort which translates to less walking when you get off the bus. During slow times you may share a bus with the other All Stars it wouldn't be any different than all the bus stops at CS and CB. I believe that the commute time to MK is 25 minutes but I could be wrong. ASMo is my favorite value. Many will argue that the Pop bus only has one stop but think about how big the resort is and how many people were waiting for said bus. Also depending on which section you stay in the Mighty Ducks area has its own pool and is actually closer to ASMu food court and bus stop. When we stay there we request Mighty Ducks section and use ASMu bus stop to the parks and whichever bus comes first (ASMo or ASMu) from the park back to the hotel.

We stayed at All Star Music last week and never shared busses with the others. I timed the commute to MK on Wednesday (it was an extra magic hour night) and we left the hotel around 2:45. From the time the bus left to the time we were on Main Street, it was 25 minutes. That included getting on and off the bus(granted we were the only ones on the bus), going through back check, metal detectors, and turnstiles. We also went the next morning with a full bus and it will maybe 30 minutes. The ride itself was maybe 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for the info aras4007!
I think we are going to try out All Star Movies this summer, looking forward to trying a new place

Your girl will love it. We stayed there last spring break for a quick trip. I did pay for a preferred room which got us in the Toy Story section a short walk along the sidewalk to the bus stop. I don't remember sharing a bus at all that trip with the other all stars. The 25 minute bus ride I think was a reach or there were issues the day the person timed it. I am more in the 10-15 minute ball park which can be how long it takes to make the loop and load and unload people at some of the larger resorts. It's all in the way you look at things right. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter