A Dwarf For Every Emotion: A 2017 Dopey (Grumpy?!) Challenge Trip Report! COMPLETE

My two cents on the half medal: I wouldn't have kept it if I hadn't gone out & run 13.1 on Saturday. To me, it doesn't feel right to accept a finisher medal for a race I didn't do. And yes, I'm fully aware that 13.1 as a #resorthalf isn't a race, but it's something and better, for me, than not running at all.

My two cents on the half medal: I wouldn't have kept it if I hadn't gone out & run 13.1 on Saturday. To me, it doesn't feel right to accept a finisher medal for a race I didn't do. And yes, I'm fully aware that 13.1 as a #resorthalf isn't a race, but it's something and better, for me, than not running at all.
And I totally get that. Part of me wishes I'd done a full 13.1 on Saturday but for the most part - as I said before I'm still a little conflicted on the whole thing - I'm okay with having that medal, Goofy and Dopey up with my others. They just tell a different story than the others, I guess. Could very well be due to the fact that my mindset toward running is completely different now than it was a little over a year ago...

I don't quite know how to explain it. :)

Yeah, I'm with you on the conflicted feelings. We took both the half and Goofy medals but other than for the finisher shot, we never wore the half or Goofy medal again. When we went into the park on Sunday night we just wore the marathon medal as that's the one we earned. It's sort of how I feel about the W&D half medal. I earned it in the only way I could from rD and through no fault of my own that I didn't run that race as intended. But, it will never have the same meaning to me as the others I have. I actually hadn't thought about donating them, but maybe that's something to consider. It's also not something that keeps me up at night either, truthfully. Should I keep my runDisney half marathon medal or not? #firstworldproblems

I was pretty far behind, but I have finally caught up! Love your new room! It looks so relaxing!! Looks like a great 10K! Nice work! I love your running clothes- my ripped tshirts don't stand up at all!

Okay. Here are my 2 cents about the 1/2 marathon cancellation: This was set to be my 1st Half Marathon. I have never run as seriously and consistently until I registered for this race. I actually have only ever run one other 'official race' and that was for PoT for this one! It was also scheduled on the exact date ofmy 10 year wedding anniversary and my husband and I were going to run together. A physical triumph completed together exactly 10 years later as a symbol of all we have gotten though together since we said 'I do'.

Needless to say, I was fairly devastated when we heard about the cancellation. Each of my training runs were the longest I had ever managed leading up to the race, so there was no way I could consider running the full. It never even occurred to me to try to run the 13.1 on our own the next day (and being new to the runDisney community, I wasn't active enough to see these suggestions on social media). So instead, we drowned our sorrows a bit and set out the next day to celebrate our anniversary in Epcot!

We did go to the Expo and picked up our medals though. runDisney handled this wonderfully. Theyd didn't owe us anything back and they were amazingly fast getting us our refunds and medals. I didn't wear the medal at all, but I will keep it.

It has become a personal goal of mine to register for another runDisney 1/2 and earn those medals. Not sure which yet, as the logistics of getting ANOTHER weekend away without kids may take another 10 years, but somehow we will make it happen. Once I register for that race, I will look at this unearned medal to fuel all those days where I don't want to train.

And you can bet that once I finally cross the finish line, I will be wearing BOTH medals that day!

You can totally buy gingerbread flavoring...bring it in your purse via a flask wherever you go and then give people weird looks when you pour it into you coffee???? Never-mind, that's a terrible idea.

I need to chime in on this one...if I'm able to carry a flask anywhere I want, it most certainly will not be full of gingerbread flavouring #justsaying

My husband was supposed to run the half. I think I was more bummed about it being cancelled for him than he was. He admitted that he hadn't really put a lot into training so he wasn't excited about doing it anyways. He especially was okay with it being cancelled when we realized he could get his money back and he got to sleep in! I convinced him to at least wear his race shirt that day but he didn't want to take any pictures with his medal. We met two different people that morning who their first attempt at a half was the "half of a half" wine and dine and this was supposed to be their second attempt half. They surprisingly had a pretty good attitude about it. It was really nice to see people handling it okay here on the boards because they were definitely some very angry people on Facebook.

Animal Kingdom/Sanaa

I stopped for a little Tree of Life photoshoot because my hair game was ON POINT that day. Here’s a question - is this a magic shot? What is that thing above the tree?!

32091208592_b24ffc1c1e_z.jpg

I think I can solve the question for you. It so happened that I was also in Animal Kingdom that day. They were doing a neat little thing in that area where the CMs from Flights of Wonder came over with a bunch of Macaws that would sit on a perch there and then take off on command. If you look to at the pair of lights way behind you, then look to the left, that's the tall perch thing they had. My guess, based on what I saw that day, is that the photographer got your picture just as a Macaw took off. Sorry I didn't see you to congratulate you on your medal! BTW, DH was back at the resort resting up for the (non-existent) half marathon.

It has been interesting sense returning to life and work. Everyone has been asking me about Dopey and how I felt about the cancellation. Most people were simply supportive in terms of saying that must have been such a bummer type things. Others hinted at not earning the medals and I had one friend (who is a runner) just come out and say I should not have accepted the medals. I have to admit that in each conversation a piece of me felt the need to justify and to share that I did still go out and run the 13.1 on Saturday. But honestly I am a little disappointed in myself for that now.

As I have thought about it, I think the bottom line is running for almost all of us (unless some of you are secret Olympic runners) is for fun. Some of us take it more seriously than others, but when you come down to it, we each choose to do this. It is therefore a personal endeavour. We all signed up for a race, we trained, we traveled and it was cancelled and that was out of our control. In that context, what we do from there is up to each of us and how we view the medal(s) is also up to each of us. And that is all that matters. I am going to stop justifying, I feel good about what I did and I felt good wearing the Dopey Medal after the marathon. If you ran on saturday - cool; if you slept in and hit the parks - cool; if you tossed the medal or hung it on your rack - cool. It was about each of us individually anyway.

And I totally get that. Part of me wishes I'd done a full 13.1 on Saturday but for the most part - as I said before I'm still a little conflicted on the whole thing - I'm okay with having that medal, Goofy and Dopey up with my others. They just tell a different story than the others, I guess. Could very well be due to the fact that my mindset toward running is completely different now than it was a little over a year ago...

I don't quite know how to explain it. :)

I understand the conflicting thoughts. After all, had IMFL cancelled the swim, I wouldn't have gone out and done a 2.4 mile swim on my own. I would've been disappointed not to do the full distance, but you can only do the race as given to you on the day. For Disney, I slept in and had zero intention of running 13.1 on Saturday. I only went out in the afternoon because a friend was going.

Most people were simply supportive in terms of saying that must have been such a bummer type things. Others hinted at not earning the medals and I had one friend (who is a runner) just come out and say I should not have accepted the medals. I have to admit that in each conversation a piece of me felt the need to justify and to share that I did still go out and run the 13.1 on Saturday. But honestly I am a little disappointed in myself for that now.

Here's how I see it... the running community on a whole is a very positive, supportive group. (I love you guys!!!)

BuuuUUUUuuut... there are definitely some ... outliers (a much nicer word than the one I wanted to use). For example, I've read more than a few articles raving about how run/walkers and casual participants are "ruining the sport".

You can look at it several ways (you met the challenge as outlined by Disney, you ran 13.1 unofficially on Saturday, you made up the 13.1 after the fact, you more than ran the miles during training, etc.), but in the end, that medal is yours.

Enjoy it, and enjoy the stories around it! I ran my 13.1 a few days after the marathon on a dramatically icy day, and I feel that I earned my Half and Goofy medals. And shame on anyone who would try and make you feel bad!

Doug

Sanaa sounds so good, I've heard great things about it too especially for a vegetarian like me, but all that naan bread for one made me laugh. They wanted you to really carb load!

I was super sad for everyone it got canceled, but very impressed Disney offered the options like you. Since I wasn't there I have no idea what I would have done in regards to running Saturday, but I'm pretty sure I would have taken the medals, makes a good story at least, maybe mark the back with something, but I really have not idea/thoughts on it since I wasn't part of it. Hopefully the bad weather and race weekends is done, got it out of it's system, knock on wood!!

So happy I caught up on your TR! Your value resort/deluxe resort experience made me chuckle. They could not be more different! And the fact that your room was gross (which I'm sorry for you!), and your Boardwalk room looks absolutely GORGEOUS just highlights those differences anymore.

Having a car on Disney property is really convenient- I agree!

Animal Kingdom is a really close second to Magic Kingdom for me. I love that park too! And your hair did look super pretty!!

Congrats on the 5K and 10K so far! I seriously can't believe you guys had to deal with the 1/2 cancellation. So crazy! But yeah, I say you definitely still earn your Dopey status!!

Y'all are a chatty bunch! I have psyched myself up to tackle all of these replies!
Yeah, I'm with you on the conflicted feelings. We took both the half and Goofy medals but other than for the finisher shot, we never wore the half or Goofy medal again. When we went into the park on Sunday night we just wore the marathon medal as that's the one we earned. It's sort of how I feel about the W&D half medal. I earned it in the only way I could from rD and through no fault of my own that I didn't run that race as intended. But, it will never have the same meaning to me as the others I have. I actually hadn't thought about donating them, but maybe that's something to consider. It's also not something that keeps me up at night either, truthfully. Should I keep my runDisney half marathon medal or not? #firstworldproblems
I wore the Dopey medal and shirt around - I did and do feel weird about it. :confused3 Looking back maybe I should have just stuck with the marathon medal. But I'm getting to the point where I'm just like, look - for me, this time, it was more about the journey and everything that led up to this weekend - something that I KNOW you can relate to.

I agree that it - and the Goofy and Dopey medals - don't have the same meaning. They mean something different to me, they tell a different story. I was still happy to get them! :)

And yeah, I haven't really thought about it much since then, like you! :teeth:
I was pretty far behind, but I have finally caught up! Love your new room! It looks so relaxing!! Looks like a great 10K! Nice work! I love your running clothes- my ripped tshirts don't stand up at all!
It was a fabulous room. Very soothing during a busy weekend, which was perfect!
Okay. Here are my 2 cents about the 1/2 marathon cancellation: This was set to be my 1st Half Marathon. I have never run as seriously and consistently until I registered for this race. I actually have only ever run one other 'official race' and that was for PoT for this one! It was also scheduled on the exact date ofmy 10 year wedding anniversary and my husband and I were going to run together. A physical triumph completed together exactly 10 years later as a symbol of all we have gotten though together since we said 'I do'.

Needless to say, I was fairly devastated when we heard about the cancellation. Each of my training runs were the longest I had ever managed leading up to the race, so there was no way I could consider running the full. It never even occurred to me to try to run the 13.1 on our own the next day (and being new to the runDisney community, I wasn't active enough to see these suggestions on social media). So instead, we drowned our sorrows a bit and set out the next day to celebrate our anniversary in Epcot!

We did go to the Expo and picked up our medals though. runDisney handled this wonderfully. Theyd didn't owe us anything back and they were amazingly fast getting us our refunds and medals. I didn't wear the medal at all, but I will keep it.

It has become a personal goal of mine to register for another runDisney 1/2 and earn those medals. Not sure which yet, as the logistics of getting ANOTHER weekend away without kids may take another 10 years, but somehow we will make it happen. Once I register for that race, I will look at this unearned medal to fuel all those days where I don't want to train.

And you can bet that once I finally cross the finish line, I will be wearing BOTH medals that day!
Happy Anniversary!

I'm really, really sorry that this happened for what was to be your first half marathon! :( It's just terrible luck. And something that is so super rare that I don't think any of us could have predicted this. We take a gamble with Florida weather, I guess.

I hope you figure out a way to plan another Disney race!! I think you'll love it! And I think it's great that the medal can serve as a tool for you to stay motivated to train - that's a great mindset to have!
I need to chime in on this one...if I'm able to carry a flask anywhere I want, it most certainly will not be full of gingerbread flavouring #justsaying
Point taken!! :scratchin

I am one of those people though who...if given the choice...I will likely choose dessert over booze, so??? :confused3 Or maybe I need to combine them and get one of those rum Dole whips! Problem solved! Not that this was a problem. :teeth:
My husband was supposed to run the half. I think I was more bummed about it being cancelled for him than he was. He admitted that he hadn't really put a lot into training so he wasn't excited about doing it anyways. He especially was okay with it being cancelled when we realized he could get his money back and he got to sleep in! I convinced him to at least wear his race shirt that day but he didn't want to take any pictures with his medal. We met two different people that morning who their first attempt at a half was the "half of a half" wine and dine and this was supposed to be their second attempt half. They surprisingly had a pretty good attitude about it. It was really nice to see people handling it okay here on the boards because they were definitely some very angry people on Facebook.
Yeah, the compensation was a really nice surprise, wasn't it?! I feel so bad for people who got burned both on this race AND on the 2015 Wine & Dine half! That's gotta be crazy frustrating.

I saw the angry people on Facebook too (and in person!). Here everyone seemed...disappointed but understanding, I guess. Which made me proud to be a DIS-er! :disrocks:
I am here to read about your trip!
Yay! Hi Chris! :wave:
I think I can solve the question for you. It so happened that I was also in Animal Kingdom that day. They were doing a neat little thing in that area where the CMs from Flights of Wonder came over with a bunch of Macaws that would sit on a perch there and then take off on command. If you look to at the pair of lights way behind you, then look to the left, that's the tall perch thing they had. My guess, based on what I saw that day, is that the photographer got your picture just as a Macaw took off. Sorry I didn't see you to congratulate you on your medal! BTW, DH was back at the resort resting up for the (non-existent) half marathon.
*Magical* timing if that is the case! I think it's cool that whatever it is made it into the picture! :yay:

Smart of your husband to rest up, I probably should have done that more over the course of the weekend!
It has been interesting sense returning to life and work. Everyone has been asking me about Dopey and how I felt about the cancellation. Most people were simply supportive in terms of saying that must have been such a bummer type things. Others hinted at not earning the medals and I had one friend (who is a runner) just come out and say I should not have accepted the medals. I have to admit that in each conversation a piece of me felt the need to justify and to share that I did still go out and run the 13.1 on Saturday. But honestly I am a little disappointed in myself for that now.
Ah, see - I'm weird with running. I feel like it is something very personal that is just for me, so in my "real life" I don't talk about it much. I think I overshare here so much that the desire to have someone to discuss this sort of stuff with is fulfilled by all of you! :wizard: I have one co-worker who is a runner and he knew I was going for this so we just briefly chatted for a minute but otherwise, that was it.

But I do know what you mean about feeling the need to justify your choice. It's something I thought about a lot before posting this trip report. :confused3 I talked about it with my husband and he was just like "I don't understand how someone can give you a hard time when it was YOUR personal choice that you made." I guess people just like to get their opinions heard, like your co-workers!
As I have thought about it, I think the bottom line is running for almost all of us (unless some of you are secret Olympic runners) is for fun. Some of us take it more seriously than others, but when you come down to it, we each choose to do this. It is therefore a personal endeavour. We all signed up for a race, we trained, we traveled and it was cancelled and that was out of our control. In that context, what we do from there is up to each of us and how we view the medal(s) is also up to each of us. And that is all that matters. I am going to stop justifying, I feel good about what I did and I felt good wearing the Dopey Medal after the marathon. If you ran on saturday - cool; if you slept in and hit the parks - cool; if you tossed the medal or hung it on your rack - cool. It was about each of us individually anyway.
YES!!! :worship: Did you reach into my brain and pull out my thoughts and just type them out way more eloquently than I could? Because I agree with every word!
I understand the conflicting thoughts. After all, had IMFL cancelled the swim, I wouldn't have gone out and done a 2.4 mile swim on my own. I would've been disappointed not to do the full distance, but you can only do the race as given to you on the day. For Disney, I slept in and had zero intention of running 13.1 on Saturday. I only went out in the afternoon because a friend was going.
The sleeping in was pretty great. Once I realized I could sleep in that day I was almost giddy!
Here's how I see it... the running community on a whole is a very positive, supportive group. (I love you guys!!!)

BuuuUUUUuuut... there are definitely some ... outliers (a much nicer word than the one I wanted to use). For example, I've read more than a few articles raving about how run/walkers and casual participants are "ruining the sport".

You can look at it several ways (you met the challenge as outlined by Disney, you ran 13.1 unofficially on Saturday, you made up the 13.1 after the fact, you more than ran the miles during training, etc.), but in the end, that medal is yours.

Enjoy it, and enjoy the stories around it! I ran my 13.1 a few days after the marathon on a dramatically icy day, and I feel that I earned my Half and Goofy medals. And shame on anyone who would try and make you feel bad!

Doug
I like how you used the word "outliers" in your post. #mathgeek :teeth:

I completely agree with you about the running community! 95-99% of it is great - unfortunately sometimes it's the vocal...shall we say, less-magical minority that really stick out. I've only really run into maybe 2-3 jerks in my 8-9 years of running, but they really stick with me more than the countless others who were supportive and awesome. I need to do a better job of focusing on the supportive and awesome majority.

"Ruining the sport"...LOL. Yes, internet running experts, PLEASE school me on the proper definition of how to be a runner! :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2
Sanaa sounds so good, I've heard great things about it too especially for a vegetarian like me, but all that naan bread for one made me laugh. They wanted you to really carb load!

I was super sad for everyone it got canceled, but very impressed Disney offered the options like you. Since I wasn't there I have no idea what I would have done in regards to running Saturday, but I'm pretty sure I would have taken the medals, makes a good story at least, maybe mark the back with something, but I really have not idea/thoughts on it since I wasn't part of it. Hopefully the bad weather and race weekends is done, got it out of it's system, knock on wood!!
I bet you would love Sanaa as a vegetarian! I definitely recommend it. Also...I think that naan app was supposed to be shared among friends. :upsidedow Note to self for next time!

I am super impressed with Disney and their handling of the cancellation! It has to be a herculean task to go through all 26K runners and "make it right" for them when they don't have to. Probably getting them a ton of good PR, I would think/hope.
So happy I caught up on your TR! Your value resort/deluxe resort experience made me chuckle. They could not be more different! And the fact that your room was gross (which I'm sorry for you!), and your Boardwalk room looks absolutely GORGEOUS just highlights those differences anymore.

Having a car on Disney property is really convenient- I agree!

Animal Kingdom is a really close second to Magic Kingdom for me. I love that park too! And your hair did look super pretty!!

Congrats on the 5K and 10K so far! I seriously can't believe you guys had to deal with the 1/2 cancellation. So crazy! But yeah, I say you definitely still earn your Dopey status!!
How was your trip?? :yay:

Yes, my two rooms were polar opposites, that's for sure! :rotfl2: At least I can check All-Star Movies off of my "Disney resorts to stay at" list!

I looooove Animal Kingdom. So great and pretty and serene. :lovestruc But yeah, the Magic Kingdom is pretty great too!! :upsidedow

Day 4: Saturday, January 7, 2017 - ...NOT the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Half Marathon

So...today was supposed to be the WDW Half Marathon. :confused3 If we’d run it, here’s what the course would have been:

31535738182_b0eac2c0d3.jpg

But of course…

32110425571_c9f811877f_z.jpg

I slept until 9AM!! :cloud9: It was glorious and I was starting to feel a little less Sleepy!

I’d bought a chocolate chip muffin at the Boardwalk Bakery the previous day, so I had that for breakfast, pulled on my outfit and headed outside. I’d read reports of lightning around 7AM - we would have been on World Drive with zero shelter had the race begun on time, so again - Disney made the right call in canceling the race.

In the Boardwalk lobby I ran into an older couple whose daughter had been registered for the half marathon. There is no other word to describe it - these people were PISSED that the race had been canceled. Insisting that Disney “just didn't want to spend the money” to hold the race after these people “had been here all week spending money.” I truly had no words for them - if it was about money why not cancel all the races? Or why hold so many race weekends every year where races are NOT canceled (of all the runDisney races that have gone on this was the first outright cancellation that I know of - the 2009 Expedition Everest Challenge was stopped partway through due to lightning, and 2015’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon was shortened due to bad weather. Otherwise - all races have gone on as scheduled, as far as I know)?

I just have so many questions.

Okay, not really. I know they were just upset...why they decided to vent to me of all people, I’m not sure. And obviously Disney would not hold these events for free - they want to make money from them, but come on.

Anyway...It was gross out!

31853472830_fd20fc41eb_z.jpg

There were other runners getting their 13.1 in here in the Epcot Resort area, and it was SO cool to see everyone out there! Non-running guests were cheering people on, handing out water, etc. And we runners/walkers would high-five one another. I have never been a part of something like this and it was something I’ll probably never experience again. This weekend truly brought out the good and bad (see above discussion on “earning the medal” - not referring to the people here on the DIS, I mean some of the super angry people I saw on Facebook) of the running community.

I did a couple of laps around the Epcot resort area...a bit of running but mostly walking at a brisk pace. Eventually I headed toward the Studios. Another runner asked if she could walk with me - someone I had never met before - and I said sure! I hate that I never got her name because we talked easily the entire time.

We parted ways at the Studios because she didn’t want to burn a park ticket.

32080270452_2511ddf3ea_z.jpg

Security clarified that they didn’t actually want people running IN the parks. I just laughed...I wasn’t planning on running!

I got some bemused looks and questions, but that’s okay! I passed others doing the same thing I was. :)

Fake running!

32201433236_bd99df3087_z.jpg

Maybe I’ll float 13.1 miles?

31429534063_267d688679_z.jpg

I headed to Tower but the line was a little long. Wahh! I got a few pictures and met @team weasel! :wave:

32090885132_971f68f7fa_z.jpg

I checked the wait time for Toy Story (110 minutes!!!) and then headed back to the Epcot resort area and on to Epcot!

32090886012_b7380d64a6_z.jpg

And I just walked! Obviously I had to continue the Pluto streak.

31388183844_6a49761c73_z.jpg

Eventually a friend met up with me, so I covered some miles with her and her friends! We had to meet Donald since his race had been canceled that morning. A lot of people were wearing the commemorative luggage tags we’d been given around their necks, which I thought was hilarious. Some people in my group brought a Sharpie to have Donald sign their luggage tags...genius!

It took us a few to figure out that Donald was inside the Mexico pavilion due to the threat of rain!

Oh, Donald. If only!

31863902060_ed2347939f_z.jpg

The rain really started coming down soon after Donald. I was thinking really hard about just bagging this whole thing. I was soaked and cold, and my back was getting stiff, but I really felt like I should keep going to get to 13.1.

I split from the group and hid out in a gift shop in the American Adventure pavilion. Eventually I made it to Japan and walked laps around the store there! I met up with my friend who upgraded her half marathon entry to the marathon! She seemed incredibly calm...I would have been flipping out!

Around 1:30, I decided I wanted some lunch and headed to France.

32110453751_923fcf1009_z.jpg

After that, I was done. I was starting to worry I was going to get sick from being out in this cold rain...at 7 miles I called it. :guilty: So I didn’t get my 13.1 in on Saturday. Part of me wishes I would have just finished it, but part of me is okay with it. Mixed feelings for sure! I ended up at around 9.5 miles for the day.

I headed back to the Boardwalk to take a hot, hot shower and put on some dry clothes. runDisney sent out ANOTHER weather alert and I had a slight heart attack thinking the marathon would be canceled :faint: but it was just them basically saying that it would be cold and to wear layers.

During this time, I got a call from my mom asking about the half marathon being canceled - I hadn’t told her about it but she had seen it on the news at home in Ohio, which I thought was crazy! I guess it was on the news as part of a story about the nutso weather all around the country.

I headed back to Epcot for my 6PM reservation at Via Napoli (the rain had stopped by then), and it was perfect as usual.

31388182724_1634770666_z.jpg

On the way out, I checked the International Gateway gift shop hoping to find a knit hat. By now I knew that we were looking at temperatures in the high 30s with 23-24 MPH winds for the race the next day! :eek: Being from Ohio, I have trained in WAY worse conditions, and Big Purple was packed with some good cold weather running options, so I knew I would be fine for the race (I really probably had 4-5 extra full running outfits with me so that I had plenty of options for any type of weather - good thing Big Purple is so...*big*). But waiting around in that weather in the corrals for an hour+ was going to be the tough part. Since the half had been canceled, I now had 2 sets of throwaway clothes and I planned on wearing allll of them the next morning, but the one thing I hadn’t brought was a warm hat. I had something I was going to wear on my head during the race, but it was thin technical fabric and I knew it wouldn’t cut it for keeping my head warm before the race. The gift shop didn’t have any knit hats, so I was debating on driving to Target or Walmart. But then I checked the gift shop out on the Boardwalk - they had 2 hats left! :worship: Thick, black knit hats. I bought one for $10...bargain.

I got everything ready to go back in the room, a little sad that my pretty outfit was going to be covered up for awhile. :sad:

31418852413_7bde247cbb_z.jpg

The whole pile. The pile up top above the orange gloves is all throwaway stuff!

32080270602_fcf188d984_z.jpg

I was in bed a little before 9...up next: my big redemption run from my stupid injury, the 2017 Walt Disney World Marathon! :eek:

Last edited:
Wow, those people really were upset. I mean I get it but at some point you have to realize that it was for our safety and the volunteers safety and not about money.

I was amazed by all of the people out running! I regretted not going out and doing the same as the day went on but I got my miles in the parks. I did not wear my bib like you though. I don't think I got 13.1 in either but 9.5 isn't bad.

I love Via Napoli!

I learned after this weekend that I will now bring throwaway clothes for sure from now on!

You look adorable in your running gear and with your bib. I love all the shots you got. Honestly Saturday afternoon was miserable as far as weather goes, so I commend you on doing what you did. We also ended up with around 10 miles according to fitbit and that was good enough for me.

We finally ate at Via Napoli on this trip and we LOVED it. Our favorite meal of the entire trip. We will definitely be returning. ::yes::

Loving that racing outfit for the marathon and that's quite a pile of throwaway! We ended up tossing a lot as well. Glad you found a hat. They had some in the Beach Club Marketplace as well as some cheap knit gloves and they seemed to be selling a lot of them.

Stoked to hear about the marathon!

Great job getting the 9.5 miles in! Close enough in my book! ;)

We actually did see people running around the World Showcase on Saturday. All I could think to myself was "I can't see how Disney would approve of this! Too much of a liability!" Especially in that rough Saturday weather!

Dang! I wish I would have thought to bring the luggage tag and have Donald sign it! Such a cool idea!!

Another awesome running outfit! With a large pile of throwaway clothes that I am sure was needed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter