Delete Thread

This was a pretty typical acai bowl, but it was good and I enjoyed it.

Yum!! I love Acai bowls...I make them at home sometimes but you have to get so many ingredients and it's a lot of work to make a good one!!

I also did kind of expect it to come with chips that would've been easier for dipping and there weren’t many of these.

I was wondering about that...how you were supposed to eat that...I don't like guac without a lot of chips!

It was actually not good at all though :rotfl: The cereal milk did not taste right in it.

Sorry this place was disappointing...I think the name would have appealed to me too!

and I enjoyed the potato wedges in the second dish.

I was thinking that - the potatos look amazing. Love the atmosphere in those pics...I think I would like it just for that, but the food looked good too!

Yum!! I love Acai bowls...I make them at home sometimes but you have to get so many ingredients and it's a lot of work to make a good one!!

They're so good! But I agree they would take time to make at home. I like ones with a graviola base, but a lot of places don't have that.

I was wondering about that...how you were supposed to eat that...I don't like guac without a lot of chips!

Same!

I was thinking that - the potatos look amazing. Love the atmosphere in those pics...I think I would like it just for that, but the food looked good too!

They were! It's a really cool place.

Enjoying your new report and I have no idea what your quarantine secret is but you look absolutely fantastic!

Thank you! Haha and thank you again! With my free time during quarantine I started working out for the first time lol

Hey lady!!!! So glad to see some of your great dining reviews. We are finally going back later this month and you are getting me all excited for the best part of vacation - FOOD!

Hey lady!!!! So glad to see some of your great dining reviews. We are finally going back later this month and you are getting me all excited for the best part of vacation - FOOD!

Great to see you here again too! Ahh that's awesome, I can't wait to read your reviews when you get back.

Goodness, you are making me hungry this morning! I had the same thought about goat cheese but wow did I love that avocado toast. I am definitely putting the taco vampiro on my list for the next trip. I'm on a perpetual search for the best burgers and have had Three Bridges on my list to try ... sorry it didn't live up to the hype. I definitely want to give the restaurant a try though.

Goodness, you are making me hungry this morning! I had the same thought about goat cheese but wow did I love that avocado toast. I am definitely putting the taco vampiro on my list for the next trip. I'm on a perpetual search for the best burgers and have had Three Bridges on my list to try ... sorry it didn't live up to the hype. I definitely want to give the restaurant a try though.

Yes it's so good I'd definitely try it! Same here haha, I definitely recommend trying it still though.

I love avocado, but wasn't sure I'd like this because I'm not a big fan of goat cheese. However I felt the avocado and cheese mixed really well together into an almost cream cheese tasting mixture and the cheese wasn't too strong. I liked this a lot more than I thought.

This sounds so good...and looked pretty too...I would be all over that!

I was not crazy about the bacon on top (even though it was "candied" it was also still pretty salty), but I'm not the biggest fan of sweet and savory mixed and a lot of people like that.

I don't get why they would wreck a good cinnamon roll with candied bacon lol...but I'm not the biggest sweet and savory person either...

Taco Vampiro: Braised Beef on a Corn Tortilla with Crispy Grilled Monterey Jack Cheese and Salsa Ranchera

This looks soo good. Have you been to the Yardhouse? They used to have this vampire tacos that was my fave...sounds like this...

Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Bacon

rF2xtiOl.jpg
Yum! These look delicious. Definitely on my list of items to try.

pf28lcWl.jpg

He liked this, but also wasn't sure what a kumquat was supposed to taste like. :rotfl:
For me kumquats are a bit like an orange flavor though slightly tarter. My Mom always put them in her cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, so now I have to do the same. Though its usually several days of searching every grocery store in the area to even find them. But gotta continue the kumquat tradition

Taco Vampiro: Braised Beef on a Corn Tortilla with Crispy Grilled Monterey Jack Cheese and Salsa Ranchera

uE3F48jl.jpg
This sounds divine. Is it all fried up together? It looks more like a piece of fried yuca than a taco

UnHOvFdl.jpg

This is the appetizer I got last time, and it was just as delicious as before. Like I said in the previous post I'm not a huge fan of chorizo, but I feel like the pieces are small enough in this dip that I don't mind them. This is a delicious cheesy dip.
Three Rivers certainly seems like a great option. Was this spicy?

bEwD3qil.jpg

I took a seat in The Polite Pig while Josh grabbed his food, and then sat there in fear for 10 minutes that they'd kick me out for not having food from The Polite Pig :rotfl:. Especially because servers kept stopping to talk to me...but all the ones that came up to me asked me if there were applesauce on my fries? (This happened more than once). And I'd tell them it was gravy and they'd shrug and be like "yeah that makes more sense".
Cause nothing beats applesauce on our french fries. So odd. But this looks and sounds amazing.

rcomlFFl.jpg

This was a huge helping and well worth $10. I heard some people say it's the same as the Ohana bread pudding, but I haven't had that in a few years so I'm unsure. I know they'll be serving it as one of the dessert options when Sebastian's Bistro reopens this month so I'm not sure if it'll stay on the Banana Cabana menu.
Speaking of amazing.... We've never had the Ohana bread pudding but this looks and sounds spectacular. Though crazy what you had to go through to even order it. Very odd

n18oFrZl.jpg

I saw this sandwich was new since we'd been there and I decided to try it. This was actually really, really good. I didn't think the bacon was crispy enough, and it wasn't super spicy or anything; but it was good. (The pickle slaw just tasted like pickles and was pretty delicious).
I've read other reviews of this sandwich and everyone says its fantastic. So good to see Disney upping the QS quality

Yay that you guys are going back and SUPER YAY for another tipsy dining report to follow!

I don't get why they would wreck a good cinnamon roll with candied bacon lol...but I'm not the biggest sweet and savory person either...

Same!

This looks soo good. Have you been to the Yardhouse? They used to have this vampire tacos that was my fave...sounds like this...

No, I've ever been there.

Yum! These look delicious. Definitely on my list of items to try.

:thumbsup2

This sounds divine. Is it all fried up together? It looks more like a piece of fried yuca than a taco

Not sure, because it was from the booth we didn't really see them make it. I think it's the cheese on top maybe that makes it look like that?

Three Rivers certainly seems like a great option. Was this spicy?

No the cheese dip wasn't spicy at all.

Cause nothing beats applesauce on our french fries. So odd. But this looks and sounds amazing.

Lol exactly!

Speaking of amazing.... We've never had the Ohana bread pudding but this looks and sounds spectacular. Though crazy what you had to go through to even order it. Very odd

It was odd. But now you can get it at Sebastian's so it'll probably be easier to get.

I've read other reviews of this sandwich and everyone says its fantastic. So good to see Disney upping the QS quality

I hadn't heard anything about it and I was so surprised! I'm glad to see that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter