A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

Please don't leave us hanging too long on letting us know how you did. You sound just like my mom who tries to "ignore" her asthma attacks.

YEAH! Another trip will mean another trip report I hope.

OK... so I have come out of lurkdom and wanted to say how lucky those children are. As a teacher I have seen the good things that a stable and loving step parent can do for kids in tough situations. Keep up the good work!

Marcie

I AM happy to report that the Campbellscot's are officially booked for 10 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge this August!:cool1: I am beyond excited!!

I am so excited for you! Your family deserves this!

Most of all, this trip is SET IN STONE. Nothing on this earth will change it, or shorten it, or mess with it...in any way. No matter how hard one may try.

PERIOD. ;)

As soon as they finished and marched out, Teddy turned to me and commented that the wigs the men were wearing were white because of powder and mostly judges and lawyers wore them in the 1700's...

wow. Is this child really five?

The very next second he practically sticking a french fry up his nose b/c it "smelled so good"...

:lmao: yep he's five.

The french fry part had me snickering out loud. Could we clone Teddy so I can have one too?!

Teddy hugs very fiercely in these situations. He was squeezing the life out of me and smiling like mad. Then for some reason I will never comprehend, he LICKED Sally's arm...licked it...

I swear, all little brothers start out from the same mold. This sounds like mine, 18 years ago. :goodvibes

I think it was here that we watched a woman make animals and other things out of what looked like bubble gum.

I just love this! The kids can volunteer and she will make an animal for them. I was picked out of the crowd once (what can I say...I'm just a big kid) and she made me a beautiful dragon.

As I walked into the store, I was ASSAULTED by a perfume ninja! The woman appeared out of nowhere and spritzed perfume into my face. Not kidding. Right directly into my face. Into my EYES even...and not just once, nope, she did it TWICE. Like one squirt of whatever that horrifc perfume was supposed to be wasn't enough...nope, I got it rapid fire. A ONE TWO punch. I could TASTE it even!

This is so appalling! Enough to render anyone helpless! Mental Note: Next time in France wear gas mask.

Up Next: To breathe or not to breathe...

Well for your sake (and your inner Donald's sake) I hope you were able to breathe AND enjoy Coral Reef!

Great update! Looking forward to more. I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better.

:flower3:

I have been lurking for months now and just had to write to tell you that you ALL will absolutely love love love AKL. We cant stay anywhere else now. My tip-- get the African coffee ( or other bev of choice ) delivered before the kids get up and enjoy the quiet time overlooking the Savannah-- just you and the hubby and a few giraffes! This was by far the best part of the vacation-- we talk about it all the time and the kids have no idea what we are talking about becasue they were sleeping.

Oh my goodness...now I can hardly breath with the suspense:scared: PLEASE don't leave us hanging too long.

I love that Teddy licked Sally and she didn't notice...I find that kind of naughtyness hilarious and that is the reason when Niamh has the Devil in her I have to chastise over the top of my glasses (I'm blind as a bat without them so if I can't see her face I can stay stern;) )

AKL sound fantastic :cool1: I'm sure you'll all have an amazing time:thumbsup2

AKL is our favorite!!!!!! My DD's are just craving to stay there again.....and we have stayed at Saratoga Springs and the Poly but I have to say AKL is our Favorite!!!! If I could just bottle the smell from that hotel I would be set for life...I Love It!!!! You guys are gonna LOVE it!!!!! Congrats on booking a full 10 Days!!!!!!:banana: :cheer2: :banana:

I was NOT prepared for Teddy to LICK Sally !!!!:happytv:
OMG! I almost choked, trying not to laugh too loud at work.
And in such a serious moment too, that boy has his delivery down pat !

Those were the Country Bears! Wonder why they were in EPCOT. That has to be about as a rare a sighting as Mushu. Unless that's their new hang out.

:yay: for AKL !! You guys are going to LOVE it! Walking into that lobby is the most relaxing feeling of any resort IMHO.

Lynn

:mad: I can't believe she sprayed you in the face! I hate when they chase after you with perfume. I would have given her an earful! I hope you recovered quickly!

perfume to the face, I really hope you guys said something to a manager, that is really dangerous for anyone to get that in the face!!! Hope you recovered enough to make your ADR though!!! Cant wait to read more, and I'm VERY excited you get to go back this summer!!!

I'm new to your report but I LOVE it!!! I just started reading it today and had to finish it up. All of your installments are great but my favorite was when Sally met Minnie at Chef Mickey's. I teared up reading that. You're such a great stepmom! I can't wait to read more.

Scary perfume ninjas--I hope it all turns out okay.

We have a tentative surprise trip planned for August too. Last September we stayed at AKL with a savanna view room, Zebra Trail. It was heaven. Absolutely gorgeous. We had as much fun watching the animals from our balcony as anything else--that's where we ate most of our meals. The children's activities are great too (& free), and my boys enjoyed earning their beads & talking with the CMs about their homes in Africa. I hope you have as great a time there as we did!

Oh my gosh! She could have KILLED you, MissCammie! Bad enough that store Reeks of perfume with out her spraying it at you. As a fellow asthmatic, I hope to heaven you went and had the inhalation treatment. Omgosh you poor little thing. Thank HEAVENS for Sally!

MissCammie,

Another great update, but yikes on the perfume incident.

And I am excited to learn that you have a trip booked. That means by the time you finish this one, it will be time for the new one :banana:

I have just spent hours reading this. My family thinks I am insane because I have laughed so hard that I am crying. I started reading at work but decided I needed my job and the laughter wasn't going to help me. Can't wait for more updates.

Great update! Can't remember if I responded previously but I read through your whole trip report last week and could not stop laughing. You have quite the knack for writing. Can't wait for more and grats on your next trip! I love AKL. :love:

And I am excited to learn that you have a trip booked. That means by the time you finish this one, it will be time for the new one :banana:

WHAT WHAT WHAT???? (ode to Kyle's mom on South Park)

I'm having such a bad week, I can't wait until August for this one to be finished....:scared:

Oh My MissCammie! I can't believe that a CM would do that to you and not apologize or anything!!! I'm glad that Sally has your back though...She seems like she can be quite the tiger when needed. I do hope that you made your ADR but you did so in a healthy manner.

Glad to hear that you have your full 10 days in Aug!! My hubby (who's first time it will be!) and I will be going in September of this year.

Can't wait until the next post!!! I love this TR!!!

Oh my MC! What ever did you do? I too have asthma and carry an inhaler so I kinda know how you felt. I am dying of suspense wondering whatever was done about the perfume ninja? I hate injustice!!!:rotfl:

Miss Cammie, Miss Cammie!! I have just read your entire TR and have to say it is the best one I have EVER read. I am pretty quiet on these boards, but had to say something about how much I am enjoying reading it! You are very lucky to have such a great relationship with Sally and Teddy! I went through a messy divorce with my parents, and Sally reminds me a lot of myself at that age-I had a lot of her traits, and can really sympathize with you about how hard divorce is and what it does to children- I do not know were I would be without a therapist, honestly! I hope that everything works out for you all- and I look forward to hearing more of your TR! Keep it up!! :banana: :banana:

I just wanted to say hi and let you know, Miss Cammie, that you sound like an amazing Mom! :goodvibes I have been following with your Adventure almost since the first post. I have to agree with one of the PP's - yours is one of the best! I can often be found :rotfl2: when reading your TR. Hope all is well with the CampbellScots and I await patiently for the next installment. :surfweb:

Really have enjoyed reading your whole report! Scary about the perfume ninja. I don't have asthma, but I'm pretty sure that would have a negative impact on anyone!

I did want to mention that wherever you looked up Voices of Liberty Fife and Drum must have had the name of the two groups crammed together. The Voices of Liberty sings inside the American Adventure about fifteen minutes before the show. With your track record you may miss them! But if you ever get the chance I highly recommend Voices of Liberty. They're incredible and kind of a well-kept secret!

Looking forward to the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter