A Birthday Trip For Two: My First TR/PTR

Joining in! I arrive in Orlando the day after you leave, on the 16th. Diagon Alley is amazing and you will love it! Definitely try to have lunch at the Leaky Cauldron! Cowfish is also amazing.
I'm excited to read your TR when you get back and hear yours and your finance's impressions! And I LOVE seeing trip outfits, so definitely feel free to post :)

The nice thing about ponchos is they cost $5 at Walmart and we just leave them the day we depart.

Planning on posting outfits this evening after I get home! If I don't then I'll do an OOTD posts in my TR!! We are down to days we fly on Sunday and I'm so excited!!!!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Sorry about the trip outfits guys. OMG. last night was crazy. I was supposed to get off at 6, didn't get off till 8 since people didn't show up and we were short staffed. Then I order pizza at the Papa John literally 5 minutes from house (like up the street - left and about 3 blocks.) We they lost my order.... then they found is but it had been made wrong and then their was about 20 pizza a head of me... needless to say the 10 minute trip too an hour. I was almost to the point of pulling my hair out!!!

Side note! probably going to do an OOTD with my TR!

ONE MORE DAY..... Tomorrow Tomorrow :love: Since we are flying out late I have a feeling today and tomorrow are going to be the longest days ever!!

last thing... :thanks: for reading and following along! I love hearing form you guys! Everyone is so nice and helpful its awesome!!

Take me with you tomorrow
I wanna go too!

Well , maybe that won't work
So why don't you post about the fun trip while you are there

I'm going to try to makes some updates while I'm there but if it don't its because I'm too busy enjoying myself! Hope y'all can forgive me for that one! :banana:

PS my counter says Zero! :cloud9:

Well guys... We are eatting breakfast in Islands @ RPR right now and our trip is coming to a close... All I can say is we are already planning next year!

Planning for the next trip makes it less sad when you leave from the present trip

Safe travels back home for youse

Agreed Mac! It's nice to be home, but I wasn't sad leaving knowing we were coming back next year. Day is so excited to go back he asked me today if we should go talk to our travel agent! We decided to at least unpack first. :p

Hi Guys!! I just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know that I am trying to get my pictures to upload so that I can put them in my TR... our internet isn't the best and i've tried for 4 evenings to upload the pictures we took on sunday alone (just about 30) and its not working. I'm going to try and take my laptop to school tomorrow where they have super wifi. Then I will have a TR to begin for you guys!!

Glad to hear you had such a great time you'd like to return. Yep, mummy dust at work.

Hope you figured out how to post your pictures. Waiting patiently.

HeHe, my kids complain our internet is slow. I told them when they pay for it, they can have whatever speed they want. No takers of paying for it yet though (and both are working teens).

Guess what guys!!! I brought my laptop to work (because my bosses are amazing and its totally dead on the weekends) and lightening internet pictures are uploading as we speak so the beginning of my TR should be up this weekend!

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT MY TRIP RIGHT HERE!

Well guys, I finally got my pictures to upload so that I could add them to my trip report! I’d just like to give a tiny disclaimer first,

a) I’m no pro photography so yeah… I just like to edit them and play with filters and things…aka, they may not bet the best ever but they are mine :teeth:

b) I do apologize for some of the food pictures, I tried to remember to take food pictures, but some of them may or may not have a bite out of them…or a few fries gone…or may not have been photograph at all (I think this only happened a few times… mostly snack foods or drinks)

c) Please enjoy!

NOW. THE INTRO!

IMG_1061.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg

29588122140_ff31657349_k.jpg

Hello Everybody! How are you all?

I do hope everyone has been doing great!

We are home! Finally, I didn’t want it to end, but as they say… All good things must end.

I do have a question for you guys… What is the Universal Version of “Pixie Dust”? Is it Muggle Magic? Wizard Charms? SuperMcglorious Extra Stupendous Magical Goody Goodness? Personal, I’m going to call it Muggle Magic until I hear something better. Whatever it is..We had A LOT of it! We had no problems, issues, complications, nothing even remotely negative on this trip! (Knocking on wood constantly while saying this to spare future trip from Doom. The Doctor that is. J) There is only two things I could think of as being a negativity and they weren’t anything at all in the grand scheme of things. I will bring them up as I go along.

I’m going to insert our Bucket Lists here, so we can tick them off throughout the Trip Report!
Universal Bucket List - Johna
  • Ride NEW Hulk
  • Ride Kong
  • Ride Hogwarts Express / Gringotts
  • Frozen Butterbeer
  • Have a Milkshake and Tachos at Toothsomes

Universal Bucket List – Day

• Ride NEW Hulk
  • Ride Gringotts
  • Ride Kong
  • Eat At The Cowfish
  • Have Fun

Without further ado… The show you’ve been reading for this whole time!

Day 1: The Traveling Twosome!

SUNDAY (9/11)

Today was our travel day. It didn’t start off to great and by that I mean I was up at 7am bright and early to… go to work L . I didn’t want to but I had to, I don’t get days off (PRN position, I hate you.) So, it was a slow day that I really just spent playing solitaire on the computer. They had left me work to do but I finished the day before, thinking I wouldn’t have time on this day, well silly me. The clocked ticked by and finally it was 1pm! WOOOHOOO I’m off! I came home to change and gather our bags, Day was waiting for me to come home. I pet my 130lb teddy bear of a dog, not going to lie I may have cried a little bit leaving him.

*Mini back story, he had some recent trauma (the loss of his mommy, whom he was with every moment of his life) which caused us to adopt him (from my grandmother, he is just too big for her!) and he has horrible separation anxiety. So naturally when I was leaving him tears flowed. * Okay back to the happy!

We hugged my mom, dad, and grandmother good-bye, and we hopped in our little blue ford for… the nail salon? I broke a nail while packing, not even two hours after getting them filled, so I’m high maintenance... I had to fix it. Conveniently, Day gassed up the car and pick up his mom and grandmother, our other travelling companions for this leg of the journey. So finally we were off to Cincinnati!

IMG_1063.jpg

Views from the Road!

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

Something pretty buildings in Cincy!

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

We made it to Cincy around 4pm and decided to get a bite to eat with two hours to kill. After some deliberation and many “I don’t care” from me, they settled on Joes Crab Shack.

IMG_1062.jpg

I didn’t take any food pictures here. Sorry!

Day got some kind of seafood medley, and I got chicken tenders (I’m a little kid!)

So now finally we ventured towards the airport!

We may have gotten turned around once… J

We arrived! It was nearing 6pm, we were dropped off, hugged, and told to text/call upon landing and to have fun!

Bags Checked :thumbsup2

Security :thumbsup2

Walking to our gate :hyper:

IMG_1074.jpg

Day really likes CVG's Wet Floor Signs.... It's a Banana!

IMG_1069.jpg

We grabbed a Starbucks and I got a yummy piece of Iced Lemon Cake and Day got a Berry Bread, we shared a Frappe (Caramel, I think) and a Water.

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

8c7bfac5-d84b-4aaf-af3d-32390fb39c73.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

After chilling and catching up on some final texts, email, and phone calls it was boarding time! Frontier planes all have animals on their tails, we flew with Courtney the Cougar!
IMG_1831.jpg

Boarding Selfie!

Annnnnddddddd…… Take off!

IMG_1833.jpg

Day took some pictures from the flight

IMG_1098.jpg

PS no clue at all what city this is.

Annnddddd…. 2 Hours later we made it! ORLANDO!!

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

We had no trouble getting our bags or finding our shuttle, we were the only ones on our shuttle too.

We were shuttled straight away to Royal Pacific Resort!

I didn’t take any pictures of the resort when we arrived, we were tired, excited, and it was about 11:30pm so it was black dark out.

Check in was a breeze and then we grabbed our express passes and tried to get our tickets… it just kept saying cannot be found… Oh well we will have to try in the morning. (This is one of the two tiny bumps we encountered)

We made our way to our room for the next 5 days and 4 nights!

We stayed in Tower 1 on the 4th floor, a double queen room.

***Now, guys… I’m a bad trip reporter I didn’t take any pictures of the room! Sorry! However it looked just like it does in the many online pictures you can find on google lol ***

As we explored the room, called parents and such, Day declared he was hungry. Ok, let go to city walk!

We took a water Taxi over to City Walk, now it’s nearing Midnight, and we headed straight for NBC Brill & Grew (I know, it backwards but we like to call it that.)

IMG_0119.jpg

They were closing in 10 minutes and we were about to leave and go back to try for room service, when the hostess mentioned they about 30 people at the bar watching a game, so the kitchen was still open. We went to the bar, I had a coke and Day got a Kona beer, the Big Wave Golden Ale I think, and we ordered a Margarita flatbread to share. After finish our pizza, the group of game watchers were still getting food brought out to them. I was really surprised they let them keep ordering.

Bellies full and sleepiness setting in, we wondered back to the water taxis, slowly as to snap some pictures along the way!

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

So, upon returning we commenced the showers, teeth brushing and general snuggling into our bed. Until…. I sat up five minutes later with an itchy face! I’d called a few days before to alert them to my feather down allergy (nothing life threating, but it can make me very miserable if I sleep on them for hours) and they told me to remind them when I got their but they would note it on my reservation. Well I forgot and I guess they didn’t notice the note. I called the front desk and told me she’d send someone right up with 4 foam pillows. Okay, I was sleepy and hoped it wasn’t long, and it wasn’t maybe 10 minutes or so. That ALMOST got really bad! Day was concerned the whole time, afraid my allergy would ruin the trip, but I took a Benadryl before I actually went to sleep on the foam pillows, mostly to make him feel better.

So that’s Goodnight on Day 1: The Traveling Twosome!

Day Two: Hogwarts, I’m Home! Coming Soon!

i really really liked all your pictures.

i have no talents in picture taking and go solo so mine are always blah....

but yours have great colors and everyone of them i thought were super!!

i really really liked all your pictures.

i have no talents in picture taking and go solo so mine are always blah....

but yours have great colors and everyone of them i thought were super!!

Well Thank You! :thanks: I do have to give a lot of credit to my camera too :teeth: It makes it really easy and does all the work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!