999 Meals, But There's Room for 1,000 - An April 2016 Dining Report - Complete/New DR Link - 10/16

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
999 Meals, But There's Always Room For One More

Welcome Foolish Mortals, to my 5th Dining Report.
My name is Kari and I'll be your host, your food host. Our tour begins here, in this report. Here you will see disney food and beverages corrupt me and my family out of our mere mortal state.

For those back for your second, third, fourth, or even fifth whirl through my love of disney dining, welcome! This was another great trip full of amazing food, fun, and of course copious amounts of adult beverages. For those just joining in a bit of an introduction to the foodie family that waits you.

In addition to me, the self-confessed disney obsessed girl who never met a drink she didn't like, is my husband, Jason, and our 5 year old daughter, Casey. Jason thankfully shares my love for all things Disney, food & drink, and is a chef to boot, so life with him is pretty darn perfect. Casey is a little foodie in her own right who thankfully in all her 5 years has never met a food she doesn't like (except for quesadillas, which apparently she got sick of because her mama manages to turn any left over into one).

On this trip the rest of
the family tried out the Star Wars Run Disney events for the first time.

While I did this....

Should give you a little insight into our family dynamics :upsidedow

Oh and there's a little matter I forgot to mention, we also had a couple of hitchhikers with us.

Meet Jason's Dad and Step-Mom, Mike and Connie, otherwise known as Poppy and Grams in our house. This was their first visit to Disney since the early 80's so they were in for a bit of a culture shock. Thankfully they are very easy going and just put all things disney into our hands.

Speaking of our well fed and hydrated disney hands, our trip was from 14-23 April staying at our favorite Wilderness Lodge. Dining this trip included lots of our favorites (Via Napoli, Liberty Tree Tavern, SciFi), several signatures (Citricos, Artist Point, California Grill), and even some new places for us (Garden Grill, Hoop Dee Doo, Skippers Canteen) to name a few. We typically don't make many ADRs and prefer to book day of based on availability, but since we were a party of 5 for most of the trip I even went against my unscheduled grain and made some reservations before the trip.

I think that about sums it up. There's no turning back now.....

Last edited:
Of course i'm on board for your silly antics!

Here you will see disney food and beverages corrupt me and my family out of our mere mortal state.

:rotfl2::thumbsup2

(except for quesadillas, which apparently she got sick of because her mama manages to turn any left over into one).

:lmao:I seriously make any leftovers into burritos, so I gotcha girl! #fistbump

Oh. My. Gosh. Stop with the outfit and the Leia hair! :faint: So amazing!

While I did this....

My sista! :cool1:

Yay! Your Dining Reports are awesome. Following along. DD and I are 24 days out from our trip.

I'm so looking forward to this report! I've been on a kastoney dining report marathon today! I'm a fellow northern Virginian loving many of your favorite places and looking forward to more since reading. We were at Disney the same time 16-24 and can not wait to go back at Halloween for food and wine! Yay!!!

Hurrah!! I've been checking regularly to see if you'd started yet! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! Casey's outfit & race pic is too cute!!!

I love your theme here and of course you fab sense of humor! Can't wait to read all about it Kari :)

I'm glad that I discovered your new trip report. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. We went to WDW during the same time in April last year.

Hello Kari. Nice to see another report from you! I remember one or two little tips I gave you in your last report, so I am interested to see how things went. I hope your Newfoundlands are doing well :)

Yay another Kari DR! Can't wait to hear all about it (and what you thought of WL - I'll be there in October!)

Oh and Casey's running outfit is probably the coolest thing ever!

Wahooooo! Lets get this party started!

(except for quesadillas, which apparently she got sick of because her mama manages to turn any left over into one).

LOL. I am so guilty of this.. shredded chicken especially. Love that she eats slushi but has a dislike for quesadillas!

4893128e-abc6-4d9a-9e5b-31c81103ccf4.jpg

OMG, how cute! I love her outfit. Hope the running went well for both of them.

While I did this....

Should give you a little insight into our family dynamics :upsidedow

LMAO, my kinda girl! I hope you had a beer in the other hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!