86'd From the Poly? No worries-bring us Margarita's & Wiener Salad! A TFW Meet Aug 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm all booked, but it was PRICEY. I went in December for 97 per person round trip!

Airfare prices perplex me. We live near a large hub and it STILL costs a fortune usually to go anywhere!

MEL

No, I'm all booked, but it was PRICEY. I went in December for 97 per person round trip!

Airfare prices perplex me. We live near a large hub and it STILL costs a fortune usually to go anywhere!

MEL

Us too. I booked in Feb last year and got $117 RT from Philly to Orlando. This year couldn't get leass than $200. HAven't checked yet, but I am sure they have gone up becasue all the airlines are startin to add a fuel cost:sad2:

BTW - What day are you getting into Pop?

Air fare prices are getting scarey:scared1: I won't see 132 or 152 roundtrip again:sad2:

What confuses me is this: How come they are adding the fuel charge NOW? I mean, haven't they been forcasting this oil/gas price issue for like 2 years now? They could have added it in small increments over the last 2 years instead of raising them all at once!

But, I totally don't get big business! :confused3

We are arriving at PoP on Aug 22. I have never stayed there. Since it's just the DH and myself, I am not too worried about the usual things...pools, entertainment for kiddos, variety at the buffet, size of rooms....etc.

I just want a clean (bug free please) bed, a toilet that works and somewhere to get a glass of wine at the end of a day.

I'm easy! :rotfl:

mel

What confuses me is this: How come they are adding the fuel charge NOW? I mean, haven't they been forcasting this oil/gas price issue for like 2 years now? They could have added it in small increments over the last 2 years instead of raising them all at once!

But, I totally don't get big business! :confused3

BEcasue that would have made sense:confused3

We are arriving at PoP on Aug 22. I have never stayed there. Since it's just the DH and myself, I am not too worried about the usual things...pools, entertainment for kiddos, variety at the buffet, size of rooms....etc.

I just want a clean (bug free please) bed, a toilet that works and somewhere to get a glass of wine at the end of a day.

mel

22nd is a Friday right? We plan on being at the Pool most of the day and then we are heading to Beaches & Cream and then EPcot for the evening. Epcot has EMH that night, but I don't how late we will stay since we will be back at EPCOT the next day, hopefully at rope drop!:thumbsup2

We loved Pop last year. I am a little leary about it this year only becasue my nephew is coming with us and I am not sure about 4 people in the room. 1 more person can make a huge diff..KWIM?

mel
Pop century should meet those needs for ya :thumbsup2 Our family loves it there :woohoo:

Yes, I totally KWYM. We tried to share a room with two queens last year at GF. No dice. DH and I NEVER sleep in a Queen at home (King, he's a big dude. 6 foot 5. Not "big" big but TALL) and my DS is 6 ft. 2 inches! Poor other DS was crammed on the "daybed" and we were all crammed together in the others.

Gosh. That was bad!

MEL

Near the MK - How about GF Cafe? Or The Wave at CR?
Anyone know if a menu is posted anywhere for the wave?

Ok. I am going to post this here as the whole debaucle started here.
So good to see you again Mel, I'm putting you back on the ADR (well I never took you off) whether you like it or not :rotfl2:

Jo, what about Plaza, it's limited but the shakes are yummy. Or CP dinner, it's supposed to be good.
I'll have a look, thanks :thumbsup2

Please don't moan about flight prices or I'll have to bore you with mine again :rotfl2:

Jo, I'm sure your airfare beats ours by a mile! :rolleyes1 And thanks for "putting me back on". I can't wait to meet you guys! It's going to be so much fun.

Now, if I can just talk my mom into coming to watch the boys for those 4 days........:laughing:
Yeah, I didn't do that part yet.....

MEL:banana:

Ok, so I don't know why you guys are exchanging shoes?

Can someone tell me please?

Is it so you can wear a mis-matched pair and someone else does too?

???

:confused3

MEL

Perhaps we should both ask Mo, 'cause I completely forgot. :lmao: All I know is I did get the croc to Margie. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;)

I'll back ya T;) :lmao:

Anyone know if a menu is posted anywhere for the wave?

This is what I got from WDW MAgic

The Wave
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Pre-opening Menu - April 2008 (subject to change)

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie – Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie – A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad – Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,
Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Sautéed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES
Wine - Southern Hemisphere Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver’s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

So good to see you again Mel, I'm putting you back on the ADR (well I never took you off) whether you like it or not :rotfl2:

Now, if I can just talk my mom into coming to watch the boys for those 4 days........:laughing:
Yeah, I didn't do that part yet.....

Um,, yeah you might want to get to work on that:lmao:

This is what I got from WDW MAgic

The Wave
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Pre-opening Menu - April 2008 (subject to change)

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie – Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie – A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad – Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,
Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Sautéed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES
Wine - Southern Hemisphere Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver’s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

That sounds SOOOO good! Go there Jo! And take pics!

Um,, yeah you might want to get to work on that:lmao:

Yeah! I guess I should......
Too bad you can't just leave a faucet dripping and a bowl of food......

Kidding.

I'm kidding.

Really.

MEL:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts