"8" for Colombus Day Weekend...??

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
The UG is posting an 8 for the weekend of Columbus Day. Has anyone noticed that the crowds are really that bad for this weekend? I was thinking of taking a very mini trip, but I don't want to go if it is really that bad.....

Any time kids are off from school you will notice a spike in attendence.

An 8 sounds about right to me. October has great weather, MNSSHP & F&W.

I know the weekends are popular with locals/FL residents due to those events & others can minimize the days lost from school by going that week.

that's a long weekend .. mid-October is fall break for a lot of schools... not sure about Canadian Thanksgiving and Jewish holidays, sometimes those come into play as well.

We always notice a pick up in the crowds starting on the Thursday of that weekend. An 8 crowd? I'm not sure about that.

It is HORRIBLE - been there - Not nice! I swear every time the east coast schools are out the entire continent shifts! they (lucky ones) seem to get great airfares and all head for florida and for WDW of course. Add that to F&W at EPCOT and it becomes lots of humans!

We were there last year Columbus Day weekend and crowds were manageable. To me the biggest downside was that the weather was still very hot, compared to a few weeks later and into the winter. We were able to eat where we wanted when we wanted, sometimes with ADR, sometimes without and were able to do most attractions in most parks by utilizing fastpass wisely. I'm not sure how much faith I put in UG crowd estimates. We were just there on some very high numbered days, and experienced just the opposite. Maybe too many people are looking at the guides and staying away??? ;) But it worked well for us!

Hi all....31 days to go!!! I have a few questions, what is UG? and what does "8" mean? We normally do WDW Oct 1-8th but this year with my hubands work we are not able to go until the Oct 13 - 22nd. After I booked the airfare I realized that DS was off from school the 9-12th - Columbus wkend. Did I wind up doing good and avoid the crowds??

that's a long weekend .. mid-October is fall break for a lot of schools... not sure about Canadian Thanksgiving and Jewish holidays, sometimes those come into play as well.

We always notice a pick up in the crowds starting on the Thursday of that weekend. An 8 crowd? I'm not sure about that.

Yes the Canadian Thanksgiving will bring quite a few of us down...including us:goodvibes We are totally avoiding Epcot this trip and do evening EMH due to the time difference.

We were there last year Columbus Day weekend and crowds were manageable. To me the biggest downside was that the weather was still very hot, compared to a few weeks later and into the winter.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. :goodvibes

Epcot was pretty busy on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend, but we were still able to do everything we wanted to do.

I noticed the same thing on UG. My thought about an 8 was :scared1:!! But, we've been three years in a row on this same weekend. I don't know that I would call it an 8...I would think that would be more summer time or major holidays. I think it would probably be higher at Epcot just because of the F&W festival. I think the crowds in October are very manageable. I was glad to see that on Monday it dropped to a 4. We will be there the entire week of Columbus day...so we're hoping for "lighter" crowds. Just FYI...a LOT of schools in the south have fall break that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter