• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Redemption, Part 1

Let's try this again, shall we? This time without the disc issues, nerve pain and numbness? K? ::yes::

Hn6W0nV1m5P6-M2lwuz7DPBnXbAUZ-f4tXdakleUjw6h-OJ3gU5pM_dy_pOYrn0NysQEu0akdJI5fEkHsxMGiW06fejjcPvHcNnTz45sVEVCj872AWStmpHZQ6hNcSReiXRGT8bqqNHvHiEDxKfv7Q=s0-d-e1-ft

Relatively drama-free early registration day for me. I got my 5K sign-up done and then went ahead and used my Glass Slipper Challenge deferral link. I was charged the difference between last year's GSC registration and this year's...$15.99. So I'm allowing myself to think that the GSC is only costing me $15.99! What a bargain! :teeth:

In other news...pins are EXPENSIVE. Yowza!

Alright Princess - I'm coming for you!!! ::yes::

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Hey again. I've just got to clarify something. It must seem weird for total internet strangers to tell you that you inspired them in one way or another. And I hate being weird, so here's the story.
It's nice. :)
Back in early 2012, I was in a running rut. It was worse than a rut, and I had many of the same thoughts we've all had during those down times. I found myself goofing off on the Disboards because I'm such a Disney fan. Thread after thread led me here and there until I found your Trip reports. And let me say you have a gift for journaling... that's what got me started on your TR's. They are just fun. There are dog pictures in all the right places, as well as shopping tips. Your photos are great as well.
Ha! Thanks, glad you appreciate the dog pictures and the shopping posts! I actually started to feel weird about the shopping stuff and made an effort to cut back. Doesn't mean I haven't been shopping, though! :teeth:
Not everybody is gifted with journaling. Exhibit A:View attachment 179579

Not inspiring. Rather utilitarian, not even close to my training plan at that time, and scribbly.
That's good that you write down details though. I've never been good about that - and I tried to actually hand-write things, bought a year-long journal and everything, and just couldn't stick with it. :confused3
At the right time back then, your TR's gave me just enough oomph to enjoy getting back out on the road. I just needed some time to relax and remember that running is for me... it always has been for me. Whether I'm walk/running or trying to better my times, it's something that adds depth to my life.
Very well said, and this is something that I have been forgetting lately. :) So thank you for posting!
Finding a Disney fan forum with runDisney TR's is icing on the cake. I appreciate those of you on the Disboards who have this TR gift!!
Well thanks for saying that! :)
Thanks for your TR's, and hang in there. Running, like life, is cyclical.
Thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement and your nice post. :)

Congrats on your registration! I wish I could run it again next year! :( I guess I will have to live yet another runDisney race through your reports! ;)
Thanks! Always a relief to get registration done. :)
Is this how you felt before registration today?
images

Congrats :)

Oh and treat yourself tonight to some
B4OJbVr.jpg
Thanks! Lemme tell you - I am approximately 10000% more excited for the weekend assuming Belle is the theme! If I couldn't be there for the Little Mermaid-themed weekend, Belle is a good consolation!!

I haven't had Taco Bell in approximately...15+ years. I'm not sure how my body would react! Placing bets now, how many Taco Belles do you think will be on the race course?!

If I were going I would 1000% be the blue-town belle. Sigh...

The only cure for my jealousy might be tacos. It's my run night so maybe I'll hold off, haha.

Redemption, Part 1

Let's try this again, shall we? This time without the disc issues, nerve pain and numbness? K? ::yes::

Hn6W0nV1m5P6-M2lwuz7DPBnXbAUZ-f4tXdakleUjw6h-OJ3gU5pM_dy_pOYrn0NysQEu0akdJI5fEkHsxMGiW06fejjcPvHcNnTz45sVEVCj872AWStmpHZQ6hNcSReiXRGT8bqqNHvHiEDxKfv7Q=s0-d-e1-ft

Relatively drama-free early registration day for me. I got my 5K sign-up done and then went ahead and used my Glass Slipper Challenge deferral link. I was charged the difference between last year's GSC registration and this year's...$15.99. So I'm allowing myself to think that the GSC is only costing me $15.99! What a bargain! :teeth:

In other news...pins are EXPENSIVE. Yowza!

Alright Princess - I'm coming for you!!! ::yes::

Continued in Next Post

Congrats on registering! I'm not sure if I'm ready for the prices of these things! (first time Disney Runner!)

I hope you have no injuries and no pain! Maybe I'll see you on the 10k course?

I haven't had Taco Bell in approximately...15+ years. I'm not sure how my body would react! Placing bets now, how many Taco Belles do you think will be on the race course?!

If my husband ends up deciding he wants to run - I'm totally making him do that as his outfit. Hopefully with that - he won't get as many confused people thinking he's a chick.

Congrats on getting registered with no issues!

If I were going I would 1000% be the blue-town belle. Sigh...
That would be a pretty easy costume to do...blue running skirt, blue shirt, etc... :scratchin
The only cure for my jealousy might be tacos. It's my run night so maybe I'll hold off, haha.
Are chalupas still a thing? I think that's what I used to like. You know, the ones with the thicker "shell" that would be fried so it was crunchy. And I had to have the Club Chalupa, because bacon. So probably one of the least-healthy things on the menu.
Congrats on registering! I'm not sure if I'm ready for the prices of these things! (first time Disney Runner!)
start preparing yourself and your credit card, which will weep. :eek:
I hope you have no injuries and no pain! Maybe I'll see you on the 10k course?
Thanks, me too! Maybe you will!! :)
If my husband ends up deciding he wants to run - I'm totally making him do that as his outfit. Hopefully with that - he won't get as many confused people thinking he's a chick.
He did make a beautiful Rapunzel :) I bet he would get tons of shout-outs!!
Congrats on getting registered with no issues!
Thanks! It was...not that bad? I'll be curious to see how things go next week...I need to get a friend registered for the 10K! :eek:

Yay for princess sign up! The theme makes sense to me since the live action movie comes out like a week later. Gotta love the Disney synergy. I was 10 when Beauty and the beast came out in theaters- an age that I pay attention to now with my girls who have outgrown the phenomenon of Disney Princess(honestly- my nine year old daughter goes on my 4 am runs with me and when we were talking about if she would ever run Disney with me she told me she'd rather be a Jedi or an Avenger instead of a princess) Anyway, Belle is sort of my last childhood princess obsession so she's very special to me. I mean, I'm not planning on doing the Princess run again but I saw the theme and just love it! For my very first ever runDisney race (Tink 5k) I was provincial Belle- I went all out on that costume! I could wear it as a Halloween costume and no one would ever guess I made it to run in. I didn't care about race theme- I just needed to be Belle! And I really hope there are Taco Belles at Wine and Dine- it's the perfect food/Disney combo!
If anyone likes spicy, Taco Belle has brought back the Diablo sauce! You can also buy it in bottles at the grocery store so you can buy it and put it on actual quality tacos now!

ACK, I fell way behind with the holiday weekend, but I'm caught up. Random recollections from what I read...

• Yay for a new training plan. Blind running is a very interesting approach. @DopeyBadger is so awesome for helping so many people out!!
  • So cool that Mr. A went to yoga with you and even better that he's talking about continuing to go
  • Love the Zen outfit. I ended up waiting too long to order and the singlet sold out in approximately a nanosecond :eek: but truthfully my pocketbook needed a break
  • Congrats on the Princess registration - nothing like having a new Disney race in your sights to reinvigorate your training desire

Yay for princess sign up! The theme makes sense to me since the live action movie comes out like a week later. Gotta love the Disney synergy. I was 10 when Beauty and the beast came out in theaters- an age that I pay attention to now with my girls who have outgrown the phenomenon of Disney Princess(honestly- my nine year old daughter goes on my 4 am runs with me and when we were talking about if she would ever run Disney with me she told me she'd rather be a Jedi or an Avenger instead of a princess) Anyway, Belle is sort of my last childhood princess obsession so she's very special to me. I mean, I'm not planning on doing the Princess run again but I saw the theme and just love it! For my very first ever runDisney race (Tink 5k) I was provincial Belle- I went all out on that costume! I could wear it as a Halloween costume and no one would ever guess I made it to run in. I didn't care about race theme- I just needed to be Belle! And I really hope there are Taco Belles at Wine and Dine- it's the perfect food/Disney combo!
Yes, Belle is definitely a legit choice. Ariel is my overall favorite mostly because that movie was my childhood, and she has red hair like me (not gonna lie, big factor in her being my favorite)...but I identify way more with Belle/Tiana/Rapunzel and would have been happy for any of them to be the "theme" of the weekend since they used Ariel last year. I made an idiot of myself on the Princess thread because I was positive it would be Snow White for a couple of reasons - mainly that she was mile marker 13 last year (when Anna/Elsa were mm13 in 2014 and then Ariel was mm13 in 2015) and 2017 is the 80th anniversary of Snow White...but I am happy to possibly be wrong!!
If anyone likes spicy, Taco Belle has brought back the Diablo sauce! You can also buy it in bottles at the grocery store so you can buy it and put it on actual quality tacos now!
My delicate little palate does not do spicy, so I'll take your word for it!! :eek:
ACK, I fell way behind with the holiday weekend, but I'm caught up. Random recollections from what I read...

• Yay for a new training plan. Blind running is a very interesting approach. @DopeyBadger is so awesome for helping so many people out!!
Yes! It has been going well so far! I really like running for time instead of distance, which is something I haven't done in awhile. It has been a good change for me so far. :)
  • So cool that Mr. A went to yoga with you and even better that he's talking about continuing to go
Yes! But I haven't been able to get him to go back with me yet. :scratchin He said his back felt really tired after the class, which I have experienced too - but it makes sense to me because he was probably bending and twisting in ways he has never moved in his entire life. I think it freaked him out at first but also made him realize that the stretching is probably something he should do more often, which was my hope. :)
  • Love the Zen outfit. I ended up waiting too long to order and the singlet sold out in approximately a nanosecond :eek: but truthfully my pocketbook needed a break
I COULD NOT believe how quickly those tops were scooped up! Seriously nuts.

And did you see this??! Looooove!

4e227959-cc9a-47d1-8078-1a33c34348cc.jpg

• Congrats on the Princess registration - nothing like having a new Disney race in your sights to reinvigorate your training desire
Thanks! Between that and booking my Goofy flights this morning - and ADRs on Saturday - I'm starting to get excited, even though everything is still far away. Probably a good thing since I still need to, you know...train. :eek:

YES, I saw those stinking capris. I'm stalling though. Maybe they'll sell out of them too before I make up my mind, thus settling the question for me. :) But, I really want them. I'm not sure on the tank though. I wouldn't typically wear at tank at the same time I would be wearing capris from a temp perspective if that makes any sense.

Those new designs made me immediately think of Baymax. I know they aren't identical but that's what popped in my head.
OMG, they TOTALLY look like Baymax in his armor or whatever!
YES, I saw those stinking capris. I'm stalling though. Maybe they'll sell out of them too before I make up my mind, thus settling the question for me. :) But, I really want them. I'm not sure on the tank though. I wouldn't typically wear at tank at the same time I would be wearing capris from a temp perspective if that makes any sense.
They're a pre-order, so they won't exactly sell out...but it's a long pre-order, I think it closes July 18 - long one!

I ordered the full kit, because I am addicted. I figure it'll make a great outfit for a runDisney race, especially now that Roxy has pointed out that it's Baymax-esque. :eek:

OMG, they TOTALLY look like Baymax in his armor or whatever!

They're a pre-order, so they won't exactly sell out...but it's a long pre-order, I think it closes July 18 - long one!

I ordered the full kit, because I am addicted. I figure it'll make a great outfit for a runDisney race, especially now that Roxy has pointed out that it's Baymax-esque. :eek:

I'd be in for that design if they had it in a full shirt! I just don't like the feel of singlets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter