• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 bedroom (3 king) in the Windwood Bay community Davenport

dougsmom98

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a great stay in a 6 bedroom, 4 bath pool home in the Windwood Bay development in Davenport. We rented it directly from the owners. You can find the home through www.vrbo.com. It is listing number 131153. We paid $1100 including taxes and pool heat. $175 of that price was a refundable security deposit. The owners were wonderful to work with. We were able to pay with Paypal without any fee. As soon as the final deposit was sent in, they sent us the lock box code and instructions. When the owners had trouble getting in touch with us through email, they called us from England. They also have a great management company. My in-laws couldn’t get the door to the pool open and the management company came right over on Saturday afternoon. I had to call them later in the week about something minor and they were so helpful. Last year, I didn’t have a great experience with the management company at the property we rented, so this was very important to me.

This house fit our needs perfectly. There were three king bedrooms. Two of the three had en-suite bathrooms. There was also a queen en-suite. In addition to the king and queen rooms, there were two twin bedrooms. Every bedroom had a cable TV. The house had a sitting room with two large couches that opened up into a large dining area that was set for 8 people but could fit more. The kitchen and living room were open to one another and there was another large dining table in the kitchen. We were able to get 12 of us around that table one evening when my sister came to visit. The kitchen was well equipped. This was the first time out of the six times we have rented a home in Florida, that I didn’t need to go out and purchase a suitable pan to cook eggs and pancakes in. So many other places have thin, cheap pans that burn everything. The pans in this home were nice, heavy duty ones. There was a game room with a pool table and air hockey table. We didn’t need them, but there was a pack and play, high chair, and a stroller available in the game room for guests.

The weather was cool last week, but we had pool heat and the kids used the pool a lot. The adults tended to stick to the hot tub, which was very warm and very relaxing. There was also a bathroom out by the pool, which was a nice surprise and helped to keep the kids out of the house when they were dripping wet.

The community was pretty quiet. There were a number of vacation rentals as well as full time residents. There are no community facilities though. We had never stayed in this area of Davenport before, and we really enjoyed it. It is very close to exit 58 off I-4. We jumped on at exit 58 of I-4 and took exit 62 to get to the parks. There is a McDonalds that has a 24-hour drive through off the I-4 exit, which was nice for a late snack after a long day at the parks. A Publix is also right there as well as a Chinese food restaurant and a Pizza place. It was also quick to get to 192 by taking Lake Wilson Road. There is another Publix on Lake Wilson Road as well as a Chinese food restaurant and a Pa Pa John’s. It took 10 minutes to get to the Wal Mart on 27. We followed the Ronald Regan Parkway to 27 North. If we had gone south at the junction of 27 there was a Target.

We will definitely be requesting a quote from the owners if we travel to Florida again next year. I have no hesitation in recommending this house.

We're staying in that community in September. Glad to hear it was a positive experience!

We're staying in that community in September. Glad to hear it was a positive experience!

Let me know if you have any questions. The community was quiet. This is the first time we stayed in this area. We had stayed on both sides of 192 and on 27. My DH likes this area the best because he liked using I-4 to get to the parks. I liked that it was easy to get to 27 (where the Wal Mart is), and also easy to get to 192 (where there are tons of restaurants) using Lake Wilson Road. The Publix at Champions Gate was very handy too. Hope you have a great stay in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter