50th Anniversary Celebration Trip

PirateTwins

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

(New member here) We are planning a 50th Anniversary trip for my parents for the first of March 2018. Has anyone here ever planned a trip like this, if so, do you have any tips for special things we can do? I also wanted to see if anyone has had experience with vacationing at Disney during this time frame, how is the weather, what is the normal crowd level, etc. I would love ANY tips/information you can provided

P.S Our party will consist of 10 ( 7 Adults and 3 Teens)

Thanks in advance and have a magical day!

This will depend on when in March you go. Easter Sunday will fall on April 1st in 2018 which means the 2 busiest times for WDW will be the week before (in March) and the week after. If you can avoid those weeks, I would. Most of march will likely still be busy because of spring break for many kids. We went to the Diamond Celebration at DL and they had many special fun events/activities scheduled throughout the year. I have not seen/heard of anything being announced for WDW 50th yet. The weather at that time is typically very nice. Usually not too hot & humid yet but not usually cold either. Not sure if this is your first visit but if it is, read these boards and familiarize yourself with such things as Fast Pass+ and making your dining reservations early as they can be made up to 6 months in advance. Hope that helps!

My apologies...just realized you were talking about your parents' anniversary and not WDW. Today has been like a Monday for me!! :upsidedow

Have fun. We are planning a 40th anniversary for dh and I in Aug of 2018. We plan to take our sons and their wives to DL.

We have gone to DW with a group of 11 with the youngest being just shy of 21 and we had a blast.

We have never been in Aug but the best advise I can give is to decide on a place for a late lunch or early dinner each day and then let every one do what they want during the day. The kids would end up together or go off in pairs but we all meet up for the one meal a day.

My favorite meals of the week were Trails End in Fort Wilderness and Via Napoli. Dh says Via Napoli since it was a big round table and we could all talk together.

Congrats!! Good luck to them after 50 years. Have you considered a special dinner for the occasion? California Grill in CR is a great place to celebrate such an occasion. Enjoy!

Hi All!

(New member here) We are planning a 50th Anniversary trip for my parents for the first of March 2018. Has anyone here ever planned a trip like this, if so, do you have any tips for special things we can do? I also wanted to see if anyone has had experience with vacationing at Disney during this time frame, how is the weather, what is the normal crowd level, etc. I would love ANY tips/information you can provided

P.S Our party will consist of 10 ( 7 Adults and 3 Teens)

Thanks in advance and have a magical day!

We went mid March in 2014 and planning another mid March trip in 2018 (maybe we'll see ya there!). The weather was perfect, rained I think one day out of the ten we were there. Not cold at all (we are from Colorado), we wore shorts/capris the whole trip, no jackets needed, even in the evenings. The crowds I didn't think were that bad considering it was spring break time for many. We were able to ride everything we wanted to with not horrible wait times. 50 years of marriage and Disney sound like an awesome celebration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!