• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 day stay, Refillable Mug or Not?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide if the refillable mug is worth it or if we should just skip them this time. What are your thoughts? We are staying four nights.

I would, but I like the mug as a souvenir. I have a cabinet full of them, but they all get used for morning coffee.

If you aren't interested in the souvenir value of it, then for 4 days I'd say it's probably not worth it, unless you drink lots of soda when you are at the hotel.

Personally I always get one just so I can go and get coffee in the morning. It might not be great coffee and it might not be "worth it" but I'm on vacation and don't want to make coffee in the room I just want to go fill my mug.

We aren't coffee people so mugs are not cost effective. The walk is too far for drinks.

We only buy the mugs if the refill stations are near enough that it's "on the way out" or we have a resort day planned. Otherwise, we buy drinks in the parks rather than carry around an empty mug all day.

Does anyone know how many times you need to fill the mug to make it worthwhile? We are also debating for a short trip.

Does anyone know how many times you need to fill the mug to make it worthwhile? We are also debating for a short trip.

Don't know if this helps or is relevant at all but the shop outside Epcot sells coffee for 4 dollars. Since the mug is, what, 16 dollars, four drinks or so would equate the cost.

I'm not sure what the cost of drinks are in the parks as we usually take in water.

Your stay is short, so I tend toward no. But if you'd like it as a souvenir, and you have more than just you who would be using it, then I'd give it a maybe. For instance, we're a family of 4. We typically keep drinks in our room. But a couple of years ago, we bought one. Older dd would fill it on her way to the park. I'd use it to get a drink on the way back. I would never have bought 4 of them, but one was okay.

The souvenir value of a mug has greatly deteriorated. My mug from October 2014 is already faded and totally without color in some spots. At least my older mugs faded equally. The new ones are cheap. Non-special coffee (not Starbucks or Joffrey) is about $3.00, I think.

We have gotten them each trip but it really depends on your family. We DONT haul them to the parks with us, but will send a member or 2 of our party over for drink refils and then pour into the throw away cups in the room. This way we get our drink but aren't carrying empty mugs to the parks.

I believe I read somewhere that it's 7 refills to get to the break even point. The other thing we do is get bottled drinks with the combos at the food court, fill the cup and then have a bottled drink to take to the park the next day.

Our first trip we weren't that savvy and we got breakfast on the last day and ended up with 10 bottles of juice (you used to get 2 drinks with breakfast) to take home with us.

I'm staying 5 nights at All Star Movies. I'm planning on getting Tables in Wonderland to use at the food court for breakfast. If I get a refillable mug do I get the 20% off using TIW?

Four days would be too short for me to buy the mug. I don't drink soda, but do like coffee in the morning, and sometimes iced coffee in the afternoon. I also noticed that the Pop food court where I will be staying next has iced tea, so I will get one since I will be there 5 nights/6 days.

We are gonna be there for a week and are kind of concerned about the weight of carrying bottles of water. Do we think that the convenience of carrying the empty mug would be greater than carrying around full bottles of water? It seems like cost wise it may break even.

We are at POP now and are on the dining plan so ours was included. I am a pop drinker and my kids enjoy the powerade and also water. Our current trip is 5n/6 days so we always get them. We fly down,but I go and buy the small water bottles and we each pack 4-5 in our luggage a piece which we keep in the room.

We brought several empty cups with lids with us on our last trip and bought one refillable mug. We would take all of them downstairs, fill the refillable mug, pour it into one of the other cups, wait for two minutes, and do it again. We would get 4-5 drinks each time we went to the fountain machine.

We brought several empty cups with lids with us on our last trip and bought one refillable mug. We would take all of them downstairs, fill the refillable mug, pour it into one of the other cups, wait for two minutes, and do it again. We would get 4-5 drinks each time we went to the fountain machine.

I would advise not doing this. A mug is supposed to be for one person only. That is why there is a two minute break between refills.

Yes, that's what we call "stealing."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter