4.5 yo wants Cindy dress for CRT b/fast.

Kimberle

WL Vet
I'm not sure if this is a good idea. The dress is $35 at the Disney str, plus there are the accessories.

I'd know she'd look adorable. I'm just not sure if I want to "drag" it all the way down for that. Has anyone packed these types of dresses? Do they get to wrinkled? I'd have to change her after b/fast.

Could she wear it again when we go out to dinner? We're staying at WL & will probably eat in Wispering Canyon quite a bit. I've heard of their "antics". How would they react to a 4.5 yo Cinderella? She'd probably like if they made a fuss over her. I just hope they wouldn't embarress her.

Anyone elses dd done this?

Worried Mom,

my dd wore her snow white dress for breakfast and then we changed. I didn't buy all the accessories, she just had the basic dress from the disney store. She had a great time, Snow White made a big fuss over her being 'Little Snow White'. Saying that, there were other children who were not in dresses and they were also having a great time, so I don't think it's an essential item.

We took the dress off after breakfast as it's not comfortable for wearing all day.

We didn't go to Wilderness Lodge, but we went to Ohana's and she had her Princess Ears hat on, and got a huge fuss made of her there too, I think they will make a fuss of any child given an excuse.

Bev

Has anyone packed these types of dresses?

Yes every year we bring at least two...always Snow White and then something else or 2 or 3

Do they get to wrinkled?

Haven't noticed....so I guess they don't get too bad

I'd have to change her after b/fast

Why????My DD's usually stay in the dress until we get back to the hotel....unless it was a hot summer day...I'd let her stay in the dress..the girls love all the comments they get throughout the day...

Could she wear it again when we go out to dinner?

My DD's have worn there dress when ever during the trip they wanted...

examples:

crop_small1.JPG
Hanging with Buzz and Mattsmom and familly....

P1010281_small.JPG
Walking through Epcot we ran into Snow White and got this great pic...

Where the dress and where it all the time...

I haven't been before but have a 5 year old Princess Fanatic! She has some basic princess dresses (though not specifically Disney) for play. I thought about taking them but with changing and all, decided against it. I decided I could just throw her crown and a wand in the backpack which would be easier.

Hi - our DD4.5 wore her Cinderella dress the entire day - no accessories. Our feelings were - it's her dress to wear. Whether it has wrinkles or not (and now some small holes after wearing it nearly every day for the last 1.5 years) she still feels very "fancy" and special in it :-) That topped with being told by Cinderella that they "could be sisters" is priceless - even with the jeans and turtleneck she had to wear with it because it was so cold! My vote is to let her enjoy it and you'll soon forget about the other concerns :-)

Oh, yes...let her wear her beautiful dress! My DD's were 7 and 9 on our first trip in May. Never even thought about bringing dresses. We enjoyed CRT breakfast very very much without them. However, my girls, even at their "advanced" ages were a little jealous of those cuties in their princess duds and I'll bet even the third grader would have worn one had we brought them!!!

Go ahead and get her one - she'll use it so much at home after the trip anyway, and the moments at WDW will be priceless!!

HAVE FUN!

YES, let her wear it. The little extra trouble will be worth the joy she will get form it.Pack some downey wrinkle release to handle to wrinkles . I agree to also let her wear it as long as she wants during the day and just stick a change of cloths in incase she decides she wants to change. I do suggest putting regular tennis shoes on with it. I have seen little girls in thier princess dresses and with the matching shoes trying to walk all over WDW and they have to be in pain by the end of the day. Take lots of pictures and make lots of memories.

jordans' mom

I had a friend make my g'daughter an Ariel gown and a Snow White gown for her to wear to the three princess character meals I've booked ... she didn't see any of the princesses last summer and we're on a princess hunt this trip.

And I'm taking the Minnie dress we bought at MGM last summer for her to wear to Chef Mickey's.

Since we're going the last week of August we'll be bringing a change of clothes for her ... I imagine it will be much too hot to wear a heavy satin gown outdoors. And I'm sure the dresses will be wrinkled, but she won't care.

Thanks, everyone! I think I will buy it for her & let her wear in.

You're only little for such a short time.

:wave: :tongue: :wave:

Kimberle
I, too, have an obsessed DD4. We are eating in the castle and at the GF. I have recently purchased a much nicer (IMO) Cindy dress at Costco. They have also been spotted at BJ's. They are brand spanking new, so if your store doesn't have them, keep looking.

Anyway, the Cindy dress came with fingerless gloves, a black choker and a blue matching headband. they also have Belle, Snow White and Aurora and they all come with at least one accessory, Snow white has a red headband with the bow. Aurora has a god felt-like crown, not sure what Belle has. And they are only 29.99. So not a bad deal. And maybe you won't have to purchase too many accessories.

There is a thread on the budget board, check it out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=417073&goto=newpost

We are bringing our dress and probably going to wear it everyday, but she is four and this is her dream!

callie

Thanks for the link, Callie. The dress is beautiful! Unfortunaly, we have neither a Sams or BJ's here. We just got a Walmart abt 18 mths ago!

Children are only so young for such a short time, they need to "feel" magical while they still "believe"!

Kimberle
Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Mine will be Cinderella, which princess will your DD be?

Wishing a magical trip!

callie

Thanks, Callie!
I'm pretty sure she'll be cinderella. I'm going to try & get the Disney str this w/end to buy it. We have PS for b/fast at CRT.
We're staying at WL. Can't wait!!

I know you'll have a wonderful time, too!

I've already bought my almost 3yo DD her Belle dress she'll be wearing at our breakfast. She wears it around our house all the time playing "princess." She can't wait to wear in in the World. I'll bring extra clothes just in case she wants to change, but she loves wearing the dress so much I don't think she'll change! :) You'll see quite a few princesses walking around WDW!! They're all so cute!! :)

Do it! We went for my DD's 4th birthday and she dressed up in her Cinderella dress...I have the best pictures and the CM"s loved it! When it got to hot out I just had her take it off (tank top and shorts under :) ) and stuffed it in my backpack :) Those dresses smoosh up pretty well LOL! You will have the best memories and probably a few tearful mommy moments :)

My DD4 wore a Cindy dress and crown when we were there in July. When Cindy got to our table at CRT, she said "It looks like I have a twin here!" and "Your crown is prettier than mine". It was too cute! I didn't worry about wrinkles...just hung it up when we got to WL, but if it was wrinkled, I would have just hung it in the bathroom and run the shower. After breakfast, we changed in the bathroom right in the lobby of the castle, since it was SO hot! And I agree, definitely wear sneakers with the dress! Have fun....CRT was AWESOME!!!

Thanks everyone!!

I bought her the dress & crown at the Disney str this w/end! I was prepared to pay full price, but everything in the str was 20% off!! So it was like I got the crown for free!!

She loves the dress & it looks adorable on her!

Originally posted by Kimberle
Thanks everyone!!

I bought her the dress & crown at the Disney str this w/end! I was prepared to pay full price, but everything in the str was 20% off!! So it was like I got the crown for free!!

She loves the dress & it looks adorable on her!

Glad you were able to get it (and on sale, even!!) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter