3d or Hand-Drawn

Pearlgem

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone I just thought it would be cool to talk about your favorite type of animation.3d or hand -drawn if you like both equally you can chose that too.

When you chose your favorite type of animation please state why you like it more than the other.

I personally think both are good. 3d is great when it comes to things looking more realistic.But in my opinion I like hand-drawn a bit more.I personally feel like there is something about that is smooth and beautiful that 3d doesn't have.

Man, that is a rather tough question, but I suppose I have to go with hand drawn for the same reasons you've said. There's a certain charm to hand drawn animation that you just don't get with 3-D. A lot of animated Disney movies have really great hand drawn animation, and I was kind of disappointed when they decided to stop doing movies like that. The cartoon miniseries Over The Garden Wall comes to mind as a great example of hand drawn animation that is just stunningly beautiful, especially the background art.
But then you see movies like How To Train Your Dragon and Brave that are animated with some pretty epic software, like with flames, and water (oh man), and hair (Merida's hair is just amazing) and it's so cool! And the WORLDS you can build with 3-D animation!!!
They both are amazing in different ways. And they can be done really well or not as good, like all media.

Hand-drawn. Things just look so much more classic.

I agree both have things they are good at but I like hand drawn a bit more.Disney should take turns between hand drawn and 3d when they make their animated movies.

I equally like both. Some of my all-time favorite Disney movies are hand-drawn, like Cinderella and Peter Pan. But other favorites of mine include Big Hero 6 and Frozen. I like the animation on both types, and I think that whichever way Disney goes, they seem to do it right for the storyline. Like, I like that the Princess and the Frog wasn't 3D and couldn't imagine it any different, but that might just be because I've seen the movie so many times and couldn't imagine it different.

The hand-drawn is so much more traditional and classic, but the animation in Frozen- like Elsa making her castle during Let It Go- was also pretty amazing.

Even my favorite TV shows are split, Gravity Falls is traditional but Slugterra is computer animated >_<

If I absolutely had to make a decision right now, I think I'd choose 3D/computer animation.

Speaking of animation what did you think of Paperman.Would you be interested in seeing a Disney movie using that style?I would be interested in seeing one,but if Disney does start making movies with the Paperman style I hope that they still will do regular hand drawn and 3d.

I think that Disney should use the Paperman style for some of their movies.But even if they do use the Paperman style they should still do regular hand drawn and 3d.

When I think of the effort that goes into the hand-drawn animations, it truly wows me. I could never do anything like that. Then again, the 3D animations look more realistic, especially with the hair strands. Sure, they still give me unrealistic expectations to hair, but whatever. I can't choose, honestly.

Okay I have another question.If you could choose to make make something hand drawn or 3d which would you choose?You can also choose both.

I plan to make things that are both hand drawn and 3d.Because even though I like hand drawn a bit more I would be interested in trying out 3d.But I would also do hand drawn.

This week I drew pictures and took photos of those pictures.I put the pictures in Movie Maker and made a animation,it is only 9 frames so it isn't even a second long.

Okay here is another question.What is you favorite disney movie and do you think you would like if if was in another animation style.

My favorite or one of my favorites is Alice and Wonderland and I'm not sure if I would like it if it was 3d.

Did any one see Feast it a short that comes on before Big Hero 6.I haven't seen it yet but I plan to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter