3 people but only 2 dining plans?

Cindylieu

Mouseketeer
My husband, daughter, and I are planning a trip to WDW. We love the DP, but it is always way too much food. Can we buy only 2 plan so for the three of us? Share all the credits among the three people?

I believe everyone in your room must be on the DDP or not at all. Children under 3 cannot get the DDP

Just pay out of pocket. Then, you can order what you will actually eat, and not have to worry about "too much food".

We left the DDP behind a few years ago for two reasons....too much food, and we don't eat the way Disney requires you to eat on the plan.

My husband, daughter, and I are planning a trip to WDW. We love the DP, but it is always way too much food. Can we buy only 2 plan so for the three of us? Share all the credits among the three people?

Nope. Every person in the room either has to be on or off the plan. No mixing and matching.

If using a dining plan is not cost effective for you family, just pay OOP and look for a room only discount.

I don't think you mentioned how old your daughter is. If she is under 3 then she is free or under 10 then she is the kid price.

The dining plan is way too much food! At home we never get dessert so on the dining plan you are somewhat forced to get dessert. I think some places allow a sub for a salad but that isn't the case everywhere. You may not want a TS meal everyday -- but yet again you are almost forced to do it.

So what you could do for this trip is to figure out what the cost of the dining plan would be, load that amount on a gift card and see how you make out. If you have some $$ left over on the gift card then use those for souvenirs on your last day --then you know that the dining plan isn't really a savings. This way you could have the freedom to select even just a few apps and maybe split an entree.

We did the dining plan on our last trip and it was too much food. Our next trip we are going the gift card route. The dining plan doesn't really save you a significant amount of money it is more of a convenience option to make the trip feel all inclusive. If you are planning on the majority of your meals being character meals then the dining plan can make sense.

What you could do is look at the restaurants that you might dine at, figure out what you each might order and tally it up adding in maybe $5 pp per day for snacks. Include beverages too. See how it compares to the dining plan cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!