3,298 miles, 10 breweries, and 1 Mega Meet - a July '16 Trip Report *New 6/5/17 - Link to new TR!*

Week FOUR of a trial? I had to do jury duty last year and our case only lasted one day (though it went until 9pm!). They basically starved and froze us into coming up with a verdict! Hope you are having a more pleasant experience!

They've been good about not keeping us late (the court closes at 5) - and actually we've been off a lot between Columbus day and the Jewish Holy Days so that is extending things too - but yeah, it's taking quite a while to get through the case. Not sure if pleasant is the right word given the subject matter - but definitely interesting!

I served on two juries in the '90's. Both were civil court and only lasted a few days. Four weeks is a long time, but I guess it's a good thing you're not sequestered.

Your meal at Hollywood Brown Derby looked fantastic! We've never eaten there and I never thought of trying the lounge. Does it serve the full menu from the restaurant? I find the dining options limited at HS, but this may be a game changer.

As I work in insurance I can usually get off civil trials, but no such luck with this criminal case. Yeah, we were a bit worried about them sequestering us once we got to deliberation, but so far we have been allowed home at night and even to go out at lunch (we were all pretty bummed that they didn't get us lunch while sequestered!)

We ate inside the Brown Derby our last WDW trip - as part of the Fantasmic! dining package. We really liked it - food wise it was one of the best meals we've had at WDW ... but the meal took a long time and we didn't get seated until ~45mins past our ADR time. So the lounge is perfect for us as we get similar food and drink but without the wait!

I think it is a great option at DHS as I really am not a fan of the counter service options there

Ah I didn't know you were selected for jury. I can imagine how hectic things are for you then!

The lounge sounds like a nice place to get lunch, all the food looks/sounds great.

Nice score getting a 4th FP for Toy Story!

Yeah, it's just been hard in trying to focus on the case when there but then not when out (but pretty hard not to think about it all the time) and still make time for work and the family. It's stressed me out a bit at times, but hopefully the end is in sight!

We really liked the lounge - it was a bit hot to be outside, but the shade from the umbrella helped. And the food was good and liked it much better than the counter service options at DHS

Definitely pleasantly surprised to get that 4th FP for TSMM!

I must have completely missed that!! I think I saw a post back when you had to go in the first day, but didn't realize you were STILL doing it, wow! Sorry that's made you have to do a lot of work at other times though :(

Cool, @Dugette plans to eat here in December and if I arrive early enough I might join in, esp after hearing about the Pineapple No-hito! Need to go look at the menu :) (Sorry Dugette you sent it to me but it wouldn't load on my phone and I never tried looking at it again lol).

Mm I love mango margaritas....just another 6 or so months to go LOL. That is nice they brought out another drink, did Olivia find it funny? I think Aria would, that she wasn't the one to spill her drink ;)

Wow awesome 4th FP!

yeah, the case is still going on. We are in deliberation now so hopefully not too much longer (though the days off between Columbus Day and the Jewish Holy Days is extending things). All-in-all I think we have been able to minimize work I have to do myself pretty well, still some early calls and working in evenings and just trying to coordinate things ... plus the few days I have had in the office just get packed with meetings.

We really liked the Lounger and the No-Hito was rather tasty. I think there is another non-alcoholic specialty drink on the menu as well. BTW - not sure if I mentioned this but there were quite a few non-alcoholic specialty drinks at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar if that would be of interest to you

I think Olivia was more upset that her drink was gone and she didn't really get to drink much of it. I believe it was at the same time that Judi was in the bathroom so I was just scrambling to clean things up (and me up) a bit while keeping an eye on the kids, etc. ... so more just stressed about that than anything

Definitely plesantly surprised to get the 4th FP for TSMM ... not sure if just lucky or if the 3rd track really is helping that much :confused3

Jury duty can be an interesting change from your everyday schedule or a big pain in the rear. Four weeks makes me think it's a pain so I hope the case is at least interesting! I'm trying to think of some big cases out in Putnam :scratchin

I wanted to try the BD Lounge in August but we didn't make it there. It was just too brutally hot to sit outside, but I'm hoping to get there sometime. And I love to hear about the availability of FP's for TSMM! Something we didn't try for in Aug. since it was just DH and I but we'll be hoping for that when the boys are with us :thumbsup2

The length of the case has been a pain - hopefully almost done now though. I think a very simple google search will show what the case is (my team at work is pretty confident they have figured out what the case is). I am hopeful I will be allowed to talk about it once it is done

It was definitely hot outside at the lounge - though the umbrella's definitely helped some! It would be an absolute perfect place to hang out when the weather is a tad cooler though (probably harder to get a table, but you never know ... not sure if it is a place everyone really knows about/thinks about)

Great update. I think we are going to have to try the lounge now. The burgers looked awesome!

Thank you! The lounge was great. Just a note about the sliders, the standard serving is one wagu beef slider and one duck confit one but you can get two wagu beef sliders instead for an upcharge

Sorry to hear that the jury duty is keeping you so busy.

That margarita flight looks interesting ... some cool flavors. Sorry that they were too sweet for you, but I'm glad to hear Judi enjoyed them - at least it wasn't a waste.

I'm impressed that you got a 4th FP+ for Toy Story - that's pretty rare. I don't know what Olivia is making faces for, though ... pulling the strings after the game is over is half the fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing what surprise you had for the kids (and if it happens to have a dark side... I think that's what the hint means)

Sorry to hear that the jury duty is keeping you so busy.

That margarita flight looks interesting ... some cool flavors. Sorry that they were too sweet for you, but I'm glad to hear Judi enjoyed them - at least it wasn't a waste.

I'm impressed that you got a 4th FP+ for Toy Story - that's pretty rare. I don't know what Olivia is making faces for, though ... pulling the strings after the game is over is half the fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing what surprise you had for the kids (and if it happens to have a dark side... I think that's what the hint means)

It's ok - at least I don't have it as bad as some of the other jury members. One is a high school teacher and the school day starts at 7am so she has been going in and teaching her first two periods and then coming to jury duty - not sure how she is keeping it up

I like flights in general as you get to try different things - and I am glad I tried the strawberry and mango margaritas but also glad I didn't get full versions. I think the fact they had sugar rims really added to the sweetness - I may have liked them better with salt rims

I guess we just go lucky with the 4th FP for TSMM - definitely a pleasant surprise!

Surprise is coming up - and there may have been a dark (and a light) side to it ;)

Part 28: At Disney - Day 2: Disney's Hollywood Studios

Star Wars Dessert Party

After the bonus ride on Toy Story Midway Mania it was time to check-in for our surprise to the kids so we headed over to the Star Wars Launch Bay to check in for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party:

01_Check-in.jpg

We haven't done too many dessert parties at WDW (only the Wishes one before they raised the price a lot) but based on everything I was reading, having a good position/view for the Star Wars Fireworks was important and I wasn't keen on the idea of staking out a spot for an hour or more with 3 little in the Florida summer heat - plus alcohol was included, so there was that too ;)

BTW - if anyone is interested in any information about the Star Wars events at DHS, I found the thread by @yulilin3 to be invaluable (http://disboards.com/threads/offici...ireworks-dessert-party-launch-bay-jt.3439569/)

From reading that thread I knew we could check in a bit early and then explore the rest of the Launch Bay and that is what we did. Right after we got in we saw the Jawas out trading. Judi and I were kicking ourselves as we had put together a baggy of shiny things to trade with them and we plum forgot it back at our room. We tried to get them to trade with what we could scrounge up, but they wouldn't make the deal

02_Peter%20trading%20with%20jawa.jpg
03_Emma%20trading%20with%20jawas.jpg

There were also Storm Troopers out and about, patrolling the area - it all felt pretty immersive - and I can't wait for all of this (and more) to take place in the land built for it!

04_Patrolling%20Troopers.jpg

We then got in line to meet Chewbacca - I liked how they had displays up to give you something to look at while on line. For Chebacca's line there were cases of different light sabers

05_Lightsaber%20display.jpg

Then it was time to be the Wookie himself. Olivia didn't feel up to meeting him so she worked the camera. Pete did great though and went right up to him and got a big hug. Emma wasn't so sure. Chewie held out his arm to try and get her to pet him, but no dice

Chewie%20Meet.gif
07_Peter%20Chewie%20Hug.jpg

When Chewie saw me shirt he got so excited. He pointed to where it said Chewbacca and then to himself and then to my sift and then back to himself and then gave my a giant hug. It was a great reaction.

08_Chewie%20noticing%20my%20shirt.jpg
09_Phil%20Chewie%20Hug.jpg

10_Family%20with%20Chewie.jpg

We then were able to go into the Dessert Area - we were pretty impressed by the scale of it as there were a few different food stations plus the separate bar area - lots of variety too including some savory options. There weren't a ton of tables though so we actually wound up setting up camp at a table in the "Cantina" area which was outside of the roped off dessert party area. It worked out well though as we had our own area, it was close enough to watch the kids if/when they wanted to play at the Disney Infinity set-up. Plus we were able to watch the Jawas interact with people. Someone traded an apple to the Jawa who came over and without asking traded the apple for one of my cupcakes :rotfl2:

The food was quite good - some of my favorites were the BB8 cupcakes, and the pistachio cherry little bites. The blue milk pana cota was pretty good too.

11_Dessert%20spread.jpg
12_Dessert%20Plate.jpg

There was one bar and the drinks were made to order (though largely was a juice mix that they then added alcohol to do) and were not overly strong but definitely strong enough - legit alcohol in them. One of my favorites, surprisingly, was the swamp milk one. If I had a complaint about them it would be that the other ones were bit similar and citrus juice based. If they added back in the coffee one I think it would be perfect.

13_Bar.jpg
14_drink%20menu.jpg

One of the coolest (pun intended) things they had was the liquid nitrogen frozen nutella mousse. It was really neat, something different, and really tasty

Frozen%20Nutella.gif
16_Frozen%20nutella.jpg

Overall we give the dessert party a big thumbs up! I left about 10 mins early to go get the stroller (they were not allowed in the Launch Bay) and to get a good spot within the roped off section of the Fireworks viewing area. While I was gone Peter was able to successfully make a trade with a Jawa - being awarded a wetnap ... so it was totally worth it :rotfl:

17_Peter%20trades%20with%20Jawa.jpg

Comping up - the BEST Disney Night Time Sky Show

Part 29: At Disney - Day 2: Disney's Hollywood Studios

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

As mentioned, I headed out a bit early to get a good spot within the roped off viewing area. The area is split into two sections - the front is for people in wheelchairs/ECVs and for kids - so I wanted to get a spot just at the rope of the back section so Peter and Olivia could be in the kid section right in front of us.

A minute after I got settled I hear someone call out my name. @yulilin3 was waiting for the show just behind the roped of section and noticed me waiting. It was so nice to meet her in person and thank her for all her efforts with her thread which helped my planning soooooooo much.
01_Me%20with%20Yuilin.jpg

Soon after the rest of the dessert party guests were marched out led by the Stormtroopers. Judi found me no problem and Olivia and Peter went under the rope to be right in front of us. Pretty good view (even if my camera did not take great pictures in the dark without using a flash)

02_Troopers%20leading%20people%20out.jpg
03_Peter%20and%20Olivia%20in%20front%20section.jpg

04_Judi%20and%20Phil.jpg

And then the show started. WOW! Just really hard to put into words how great this show is. It definitely is projection heavy so having a good vantage point is important. There is just nothing like hearing the Darth Vader breathing around you and then see his image march toward you until he is three stories tall. The lazer effect during the fight scenes is great and of course the music is awesome. The gifs eblow do not do it justice and really even watching viedos of it doesn't compare to being in the middle of it all. Highly recommend!

Star%20Wars%20FW%201.gif
Star%20Wars%20FW%202.gif

Star%20Wars%20FW%203.gif
Star%20Wars%20FW%204.gif

Afterwards I interviewed Olivia for a review of the party and show to post on the Star Wars @ DHS thread: http://disboards.com/threads/offici...-launch-bay-jt.3439569/page-525#post-56239122

Q: Are you a fan of Star Wars? Who are your favorite characters?
A: Sort of - mostly like the newest movie [The Force Awakens]. Rey and Leia are my favorite characters.

Q: What were your thoughts about the location for the dessert party, being inside the Launch Bay? And where we had our food [note: the food/drinks were down by the exhibit with Rey and her speeder are, but we ate up in the Cantina area where the Jawas came by]
A: I liked that it was in the Launch Bay - I liked that I got to take pictures of Chewbacca [note: we did the meet with Chewbacca right before the official party start time - my daughter didn't want to meet him though so was the "photographer"]. I liked where we ate as it was near the Disney Infinity set-up so I could play while you and Mommy were eating

Q: Did you like the food and drink offerings?

A: I did like the food - but it was mostly dessert. I wasn't crazy about the blue stuff but I liked the rocks on the BB-8 cupcake and also liked the rice krispy treat.

Q: What did you think of the location for watching the fireworks show and how you got to march out to it, being led by storm troopers?
A: I thought it was a good spot and liked how we got led out. I liked that me and my brother had our own area to stand [the front roped off section for kids/wheelchairs]

Q: What did you think of the firework show?
A: I think it was good. I liked how they had the projectors shown on the great movie ride outside. I liked when they showed Rey

Q: Any final thoughts? Would you recommend this for other kids?
A: Yeah, especially [she then lists out all her friends that she knows are really into Star Wars]. I think you do need to like Star Wars at least a little bit but you don't have to be a super fan.

We then made our way out - though first, when passing the Indiana Jones Stunt Show area we happened to see a cat moseying around - thought it was kinda cool ... you hear a lot about the Disney Ducks, but not as much about the Disney Cats. Before we even made it out of the park, Peter and Emma were asleep

08_Cat.jpg
09_Sleeping%20kids.jpg

We headed back to the resort and were all asleep pretty darn fast.

Coming up - a tasty breakfast and the Monorail Resort Scavenger Hunt!

TTFN

Part 29: At Disney - Day 2: Disney's Hollywood Studios

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

As mentioned, I headed out a bit early to get a good spot within the roped off viewing area. The area is split into two sections - the front is for people in wheelchairs/ECVs and for kids - so I wanted to get a spot just at the rope of the back section so Peter and Olivia could be in the kid section right in front of us.

A minute after I got settled I hear someone call out my name. @yulilin3 was waiting for the show just behind the roped of section and noticed me waiting. It was so nice to meet her in person and thank her for all her efforts with her thread which helped my planning soooooooo much.
01_Me%20with%20Yuilin.jpg

Soon after the rest of the dessert party guests were marched out led by the Stormtroopers. Judi found me no problem and Olivia and Peter went under the rope to be right in front of us. Pretty good view (even if my camera did not take great pictures in the dark without using a flash)

02_Troopers%20leading%20people%20out.jpg
03_Peter%20and%20Olivia%20in%20front%20section.jpg

04_Judi%20and%20Phil.jpg

And then the show started. WOW! Just really hard to put into words how great this show is. It definitely is projection heavy so having a good vantage point is important. There is just nothing like hearing the Darth Vader breathing around you and then see his image march toward you until he is three stories tall. The lazer effect during the fight scenes is great and of course the music is awesome. The gifs eblow do not do it justice and really even watching viedos of it doesn't compare to being in the middle of it all. Highly recommend!

Star%20Wars%20FW%201.gif
Star%20Wars%20FW%202.gif

Star%20Wars%20FW%203.gif
Star%20Wars%20FW%204.gif

Afterwards I interviewed Olivia for a review of the party and show to post on the Star Wars @ DHS thread: http://disboards.com/threads/offici...-launch-bay-jt.3439569/page-525#post-56239122

Q: Are you a fan of Star Wars? Who are your favorite characters?
A: Sort of - mostly like the newest movie [The Force Awakens]. Rey and Leia are my favorite characters.

Q: What were your thoughts about the location for the dessert party, being inside the Launch Bay? And where we had our food [note: the food/drinks were down by the exhibit with Rey and her speeder are, but we ate up in the Cantina area where the Jawas came by]
A: I liked that it was in the Launch Bay - I liked that I got to take pictures of Chewbacca [note: we did the meet with Chewbacca right before the official party start time - my daughter didn't want to meet him though so was the "photographer"]. I liked where we ate as it was near the Disney Infinity set-up so I could play while you and Mommy were eating

Q: Did you like the food and drink offerings?
A: I did like the food - but it was mostly dessert. I wasn't crazy about the blue stuff but I liked the rocks on the BB-8 cupcake and also liked the rice krispy treat.

Q: What did you think of the location for watching the fireworks show and how you got to march out to it, being led by storm troopers?
A: I thought it was a good spot and liked how we got led out. I liked that me and my brother had our own area to stand [the front roped off section for kids/wheelchairs]

Q: What did you think of the firework show?
A: I think it was good. I liked how they had the projectors shown on the great movie ride outside. I liked when they showed Rey

A: Yeah, especially [she then lists out all her friends that she knows are really into Star Wars]. I think you do need to like Star Wars at least a little bit but you don't have to be a super fan.

We then made our way out - though first, when passing the Indiana Jones Stunt Show area we happened to see a cat moseying around - thought it was kinda cool ... you hear a lot about the Disney Ducks, but not as much about the Disney Cats. Before we even made it out of the park, Peter and Emma were asleep

08_Cat.jpg
09_Sleeping%20kids.jpg

We headed back to the resort and were all asleep pretty darn fast.

Coming up - a tasty breakfast and the Monorail Resort Scavenger Hunt!

TTFN
Hey that's me :) love the report! !

Wow ... Star Wars Dessert Party ... I totally didn't call that one based on your hint...

Thanks for the review of the dessert party - it definitely looks like there's a lot to do/eat/drink ... I'm glad to hear you gave the party a thumbs up!

The gifs of the fireworks look great ... but yeah, just from lookjing at them I could see why it would be something you have to see in person. They definitely got me excited to hopefully see the fireworks (eventually)!

Also ... I love the interview with Olivia.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the SW dessert party and very cool that Peter got a wet nap :rotfl2:I am not a SW fan at all :duck:but I did briefly consider doing the dessert party back in August when just DH and I went down. The offerings look great and I wanted to see if the new show was as good as the previous SW fireworks which we saw in Jan (and LOVED). I decided not to do the party; I completely understand how a SW fan would love the new show with all the projections and stuff but I just wanted fireworks lol. We ended up seeing lots of the high ones from WS in Epcot one night and I think we'll try catching the whole show next month when the boys are with us :thumbsup2

We then were able to go into the Dessert Area - we were pretty impressed by the scale of it as there were a few different food stations plus the separate bar area - lots of variety too including some savory options. There weren't a ton of tables though so we actually wound up setting up camp at a table in the "Cantina" area which was outside of the roped off dessert party area. It worked out well though as we had our own area,

Did they recently move the Star Wars dessert party? I am not sure I like the new set up, having to leave the stroller to go into the launch bay, then go back outside to find spots. When Aria & I did it, we were all in one spot outside, were able to bring the stroller right to a low table (there was only one wheelchair person) and eat desserts up until and through the fireworks show.

There was one bar and the drinks were made to order (though largely was a juice mix that they then added alcohol to do) and were not overly strong but definitely strong enough - legit alcohol in them. One of my favorites, surprisingly, was the swamp milk one. If I had a complaint about them it would be that the other ones were bit similar and citrus juice based. If they added back in the coffee one I think it would be perfect.

Drinks are slightly different than what I had, but this is one reason I nixed my thought of doing this in December = not paying adult prices and not being able to drink lol!

One of the coolest (pun intended) things they had was the liquid nitrogen frozen nutella mousse. It was really neat, something different, and really tasty

Yes this was so fun!! The raspberry and chocolate sauces were named something cute too, like light side and dark side?

And then the show started. WOW! Just really hard to put into words how great this show is. It definitely is projection heavy so having a good vantage point is important. There is just nothing like hearing the Darth Vader breathing around you and then see his image march toward you until he is three stories tall.

Really cool to see the pics and gifs (hey, all of a sudden pics are working again at work!!)

Love the interview with Olivia, esp the part where she said she loved standing with her brother in their own area - good job dad for thinking of that!!

Okay, I am finally all caught up again and this came at a great time cause i didn't have to listen to a super boring lecture about exam prep.

i'll just comment on a few things. First, I love your shirt too.

Secondly, I'm offended that you think this is the best nighttime show on property when IllumiNations still exists :P

However, I am glad that you had a good time and that the kids enjoyed it as well. I find Olivia's answers to be very informative.

KITTY!!! I would have been so excited to see a Disney cat.

Great Chewbacca pictures!

I'm really glad the dessert party was worth it and that everyone enjoyed it.

Loved your Q&A with Olivia!! :goodvibes

I fell a bit behind.

That sucks that jury duty is taking so long.

I have never eaten at the Brown Derby or the lounge. It looks like you had a great time though. Someday I'll try it.

A second ride on TSMM! That ride is always fun!

Launch bay is a lot of fun. I loved meeting Chewie, doesn't he give the best hugs!? The Jawas are a blast too.

I'm glad to hear that you liked the dessert party. I hope to add it on for January. I saw the old fireworks show which I thought was great and I can't wait to see this one. I don't know if it could beat out my beloved illuminations though.

We haven't done too many dessert parties at WDW (only the Wishes one before they raised the price a lot) but based on everything I was reading, having a good position/view for the Star Wars Fireworks was important and I wasn't keen on the idea of staking out a spot for an hour or more with 3 little in the Florida summer heat - plus alcohol was included, so there was that too ;)
Yep, that's why we're looking to do it (minus 2 of the kids). Really want to see if from a good place w/o a long wait.

BTW - if anyone is interested in any information about the Star Wars events at DHS, I found the thread by @yulilin3 to be invaluable (http://disboards.com/threads/offici...ireworks-dessert-party-launch-bay-jt.3439569/)
Love this thread! Always so helpful! :thumbsup2

From reading that thread I knew we could check in a bit early and then explore the rest of the Launch Bay and that is what we did. Right after we got in we saw the Jawas out trading. Judi and I were kicking ourselves as we had put together a baggy of shiny things to trade with them and we plum forgot it back at our room. We tried to get them to trade with what we could scrounge up, but they wouldn't make the deal
Aw, sorry they wouldn't trade. There have been recent reports that they only trade sometimes now or have only 1 trading, so not sure what it will be like when we visit in December. I have a broken light-up Elsa crown of Izzy's that I think I'll bring.

When Chewie saw me shirt he got so excited. He pointed to where it said Chewbacca and then to himself and then to my sift and then back to himself and then gave my a giant hug. It was a great reaction.

Great meet! What a sweet Chewie hug! :chewy:

Someone traded an apple to the Jawa who came over and without asking traded the apple for one of my cupcakes :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

pistachio cherry little bites
I remember these from the 2015 party we went to - I might just bring a plastic container and stuff it full of them for later...mmmmm....

I have heard so many good things about this - sounds tasty!

Yay, how great you got to meet up and thank her! :goodvibes

I think you do need to like Star Wars at least a little bit but you don't have to be a super fan.
So very true - this describes me - married to a super fan, but only mildly interested myself.

08_Cat.jpg
Wow, didn't know there were Disney cats! :earseek: I guess someone's got to eat the Disney birds. :duck:

Did they recently move the Star Wars dessert party? I am not sure I like the new set up, having to leave the stroller to go into the launch bay, then go back outside to find spots. When Aria & I did it, we were all in one spot outside, were able to bring the stroller right to a low table (there was only one wheelchair person) and eat desserts up until and through the fireworks show.
I had been thinking about this and considering just ditching the stroller and hoping Izzy is okay without it for a while. Phil, do you think that would be reasonable? Or is it worth going to get it for a 4 year old? I don't like extra layers of complication.

I had been thinking about this and considering just ditching the stroller and hoping Izzy is okay without it for a while. Phil, do you think that would be reasonable? Or is it worth going to get it for a 4 year old? I don't like extra layers of complication.

It would be fine for me, if I just had Aria. But with Maya too - which equates to diapers, outfit changes, safe snacks, and a place to sleep since it's late, I wouldn't be comfortable having to leave the stroller. So I am sure you will be fine!

It would be fine for me, if I just had Aria. But with Maya too - which equates to diapers, outfit changes, safe snacks, and a place to sleep since it's late, I wouldn't be comfortable having to leave the stroller. So I am sure you will be fine!
Great, that's what I was inclined to think. Now they just need to announce shows for December...

Wow ... Star Wars Dessert Party ... I totally didn't call that one based on your hint...

Thanks for the review of the dessert party - it definitely looks like there's a lot to do/eat/drink ... I'm glad to hear you gave the party a thumbs up!

The gifs of the fireworks look great ... but yeah, just from lookjing at them I could see why it would be something you have to see in person. They definitely got me excited to hopefully see the fireworks (eventually)!

Also ... I love the interview with Olivia.

I know - my hist was pretty subtle ;)

I sometimes/often think these Disney events are a bit overprices (the Wishes one I thought was good before they jacked the price way up) but this one given the food, included alcohol, including Chewbacca stein that everyone got, the reserved spot, etc. - while not cheap I think it was worth it

The show is good in video form, but nothing compared to being there - especially with the surround sound they have set up - really feels like you are in the scenes

Thanks!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the SW dessert party and very cool that Peter got a wet nap :rotfl2:I am not a SW fan at all :duck:but I did briefly consider doing the dessert party back in August when just DH and I went down. The offerings look great and I wanted to see if the new show was as good as the previous SW fireworks which we saw in Jan (and LOVED). I decided not to do the party; I completely understand how a SW fan would love the new show with all the projections and stuff but I just wanted fireworks lol. We ended up seeing lots of the high ones from WS in Epcot one night and I think we'll try catching the whole show next month when the boys are with us :thumbsup2

we definitely enjoyed the party and I think Peter was just super glad to finally get a successful trade!

I have only seen video of the old SW Fireworks show and I will say the actual Fireworks part of this is not as good/impressive as the old one - it really is all about the projections. The only negative reviews I have read are from people who didn't have a great view of the projections and then say the fireworks aren't as good as the old show ... well, yeah, it is a projection show with some fireworks, not a fireworks show.

If you don't do the party try to get a spot as close tot he roped off area as you can or up closer - usually there is space there without having to wait a superlong time and the view is still pretty darn good

They changed the set-up at around the beginning of the summer. I think there are pluses and minuses to both set-ups - but especially in the summer heat it was nice to have the party part inside with AC and, the big thing to me, is that people were lining up 1 hour+ for the part so that they could get a good table close to the front and now you really don't need to do that (I went out 10 mins early, but probably didn't really need to - just made me feel better/less stressed) - so from a logistics standpoint I think it works better

That said, it is also nice when it is all in one spot and you can grab some desserts right at the end to have during the show, etc. Overall, I think I prefer the new set-up better but also realize there were some benefits to the old one

Drinks are slightly different than what I had, but this is one reason I nixed my thought of doing this in December = not paying adult prices and not being able to drink lol!

Yes this was so fun!! The raspberry and chocolate sauces were named something cute too, like light side and dark side?

Really cool to see the pics and gifs (hey, all of a sudden pics are working again at work!!)

Love the interview with Olivia, esp the part where she said she loved standing with her brother in their own area - good job dad for thinking of that!!

it is definitely a little pricey if you aren't going to have any of the alcoholic drinks - Would be cool if they did like a Designated Driver pricing or something ... but probably just too complicated then and not like they are having trouble setting tickets for it

I don't think they gave the sauces cool names at this point ... I think they did that for the different "sabers" which were the skewers with cheese and grapes and stuff on them though

glad pictures are working for you!

Yulilin had asked if I would get a review from Olivia to add to the collection of reviews in her thread as she didn't have any from kids and I came up with the interview format just to make it easier for Olivia - I think it worked out ok :thumbsup2

Okay, I am finally all caught up again and this came at a great time cause i didn't have to listen to a super boring lecture about exam prep.

i'll just comment on a few things. First, I love your shirt too.

Secondly, I'm offended that you think this is the best nighttime show on property when IllumiNations still exists :P

However, I am glad that you had a good time and that the kids enjoyed it as well. I find Olivia's answers to be very informative.

KITTY!!! I would have been so excited to see a Disney cat.

Very glad to help you avoid a super boring lecture ;)

Fair point about IllumiNations - it really is an excellent show ... I have trouble comparing all the nightime shows as I love a lot of them for different reasons. Watching Wishes from Main St with your family/friends is emotional, IllumiNations is a beautiful show with a lovely message, and this Star Wars Show from a technical standpoint is amazing. Definitely a nice problem to have rather than thinking all the shows suck ;)

We were definitely overly excited about the Disney Cat ... I think we partly were so caught off guard but also just thought it was neat to see it!

Great Chewbacca pictures!

I'm really glad the dessert party was worth it and that everyone enjoyed it.

Loved your Q&A with Olivia!! :goodvibes

Thanks! Chewie definitely turned out to be one of the best meets!

I am glad the dessert party worked out as it was the one "splurge" we did at Disney for this trip ... I think it paid off though and made things less stressful as far as getting a good spot for the show which was helpful to my stress level ;)

Thanks! I think the format worked out and I think she felt special to be interviewed :thumbsup2

I fell a bit behind.

That sucks that jury duty is taking so long.

I have never eaten at the Brown Derby or the lounge. It looks like you had a great time though. Someday I'll try it.

A second ride on TSMM! That ride is always fun!

Launch bay is a lot of fun. I loved meeting Chewie, doesn't he give the best hugs!? The Jawas are a blast too.

I'm glad to hear that you liked the dessert party. I hope to add it on for January. I saw the old fireworks show which I thought was great and I can't wait to see this one. I don't know if it could beat out my beloved illuminations though.

Thanks for catching up Ryan ... and I am happy to say that Jury Duty ended yesterday ... now now trying to catchup on work!

We liked the lounge a lot as we like the food at the Brown Derby but our meal there took a really long time and it wasn't cheap so the Lounge was a really nice option for us. Definitely better than the quick service options at DHS in our opinion

This actually turned out to be our 3rd ride on TSMM as we did the rope-drop standby ride, then our initial FP+ ride, and then this bonus FP+ ... so pretty good since I was planning on one ride and hoping we'd get two - so to actually get 3 was great!

Launch Bay was really cool - definitely something more for Star Wars fans but I think the setup is really nice especially considering it is sort of a temporary thing until Star Wars Land is built

Yeah, I was reminded by others as well about IllumiNations - which I truly love as well. This was just such a technical marvel to me and maybe just because it was new, etc. it really stood out to me... but don't worry, we definitely watch IllumiNations later in the trip and it is as great as always. Definitely nice that they have so many great night time shows though - and ones Rivers of Light is open it really will be a great time at WDW for night time entertainment

Yep, that's why we're looking to do it (minus 2 of the kids). Really want to see if from a good place w/o a long wait.

Love this thread! Always so helpful! :thumbsup2

Aw, sorry they wouldn't trade. There have been recent reports that they only trade sometimes now or have only 1 trading, so not sure what it will be like when we visit in December. I have a broken light-up Elsa crown of Izzy's that I think I'll bring.

Great meet! What a sweet Chewie hug! :chewy:

:rotfl2:

I remember these from the 2015 party we went to - I might just bring a plastic container and stuff it full of them for later...mmmmm....

I have heard so many good things about this - sounds tasty!

Yay, how great you got to meet up and thank her! :goodvibes

So very true - this describes me - married to a super fan, but only mildly interested myself.

Wow, didn't know there were Disney cats! :earseek: I guess someone's got to eat the Disney birds. :duck:

For me, just to reduce the stress of having to worry about when to line-up and where, etc. to get a good view of the show provided really good value for the dessert party. The fact that the food was pretty good, drinks included, everyone got a Chewie Stein, etc. made it definitely worth it as our fun "splurge" for the trip. And totally agree about Yulilin's thread! I was really happy I got to meet her and thank her in person

We were a little bummed about the initial trading largely because we had forgotten our baggy of "shiny things" - so more mad at ourselves than anything. I am glad Peter got a successful trade at the end though, even if I missed it

I had high hopes for the Chewie Meet with my shirt and everything and it did not disappoint!

I did get the cupcake back btw ;)

The frozen Nutella mousse was really tasty and I liked that they had something a little special and not just the buffet

I am definitely not a huge/super fan of Star Wars (at least, I don't think as big of a fan as Dug is) but I do like it and like sharing it with the kids, etc. and Judi definitely goes along with it so I think it worked out well. And it was nice that this was sort of our "Star Wars Day" and it was all put in one day .... I think it would be harder to convince Judi to go tot he old Star Wars Weekends or something like that

And the cats might help with the Disney mice as well .... hopefully they leave Mickey and Minnie alone though ;)

Great, that's what I was inclined to think. Now they just need to announce shows for December...

Do you mean leaving the stroller outside the Launch Bay for the show and then going back to get it? Honestly, not sure how that would work - I think you can leave it there. I think it would be ok for you with just Izzy. (we figured we would need it for Emma if/when she got tired - we also used the stroller to hold the giant bag of 5 Chew steins we got ;) )

I guess the only thing to keep in mind is where you leave the stroller as if you leave it by the Launch Bay you will have to go a bit against the flow of traffic after the show to get from the viewing area back towards the Launch Bay and then back towards the exit. If you are ok with that and maybe taking you time, letting the crowds disperse a bit, etc. then I think it would work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter