3.0 and the 4th of July

TSWJan78

NE DIva
I know this is a long long way away but I am thinking that we get back into port just a few days before 4th of July. I am thinking we may make this an extended vacation and stay for the following week and the 4th of July. Has anyone else had the same thoughts?

I had exactly this thought a few days ago. I'm wondering how high room prices will be and stuff like that. We've never been in the summer before and are a bit apprehensive about crowds and weather.

We are planning to spend part of one day at GKTW while we are there (DS 10 turns 12 on the cruise, so he will be old enough to volunteer. Still not sure what we'll do with DS 8 who will only be 9 then...?)

We are considering an offsite stay for this trip. Maybe CoCo Key? That might be more fun and economical than trying to get a deal on property. That way we'd also have the water park to hang out in when it's too hot to do anything else.

Plans are still evolving. We have plenty of time, but it's fun to think of super hot days in Florida when it's only 7 degrees here this week!

--Hillary

I wish we could- but DH doesn't have enough vacation days to cover a 2 week trip. We'll probably stay the rest of the week after disembarkation and head home Sunday.

We're planning to go down a few days beforehand and fly back home after the cruise. I know that's the opposite of most advice I've received, but we have 2 birthdays, our anniversary, and a big July 4th party at our house each year, so it makes sense to get back.

We'll have fun with one of the birthdays, though, since my wife will celebrate one on June 25!

I was at WDW once for July 4th. It was pretty mobbed. Fireworks were great. Planning is important (and I don't do that well)

Interesting thought. But its so far away that I just don't know right now. I hope to be retired by then so vacation time won't be an issue as to how long to stay. But then again, we could conceivably be living in central FL at that point too.

So many options.

More than likely I will be there the week after. I am unable to go pre-cruise due to work, but post-cruise is a definite!!!!!

We are planning on doing this - our first two-week vacation in, well, ever! We're big-time planners, so I think we'll be able to manage the mobbiness of the 4th, and it'll be nice to come off the boat knowing we still have a week to play. :)

XO
Liz

Just found out today that there's a good possibility we'll be doing this as well. Would love to get together with you all!
Would also like to hear what anyone has to say about the crowds, etc. I can only imagine that they'll be enormous! We've never been in July - much less around the 4th...
Any hints, suggestions?
I'm pretty sure there won't be any discounts, right?

Our current plan is to fly down on June 23rd (can't arrive until late that night due to our DDs' recital). Looks like we will be there through July 4th! Planning on flying home on the 6th.

Just visited with some friends last weekend who said spend July 4th at AK! They said NO ONE was there! They rode the safari twice without even getting out and 4 times on EE without getting off!

Probably find a nice place to watch fireworks at night whether it be on the Poly beach or DD or if we are staying at BWV just stay there.

Can't wait for the cruise! Now, if JetBlue would just come out with their flights soon so I really feel set!

TTFN :tigger:

Hi Tracey,

With regards to your airline tix:
Do you live anywhere near Worcester/Boston MA?
If so, you might be interested in Direct Air. They're having a 50% sale right now. Not sure if their flights will be convenient for you, but here's the link:

http://www.visitdirectair.com/

Hi Tracey,

With regards to your airline tix:
Do you live anywhere near Worcester/Boston MA?
If so, you might be interested in Direct Air. They're having a 50% sale right now. Not sure if their flights will be convenient for you, but here's the link:

http://www.visitdirectair.com/

Thanks, Gretchen but the only flight time they list is in the morning. We can't leave until 7pm at the earliest due to our girls' recital. We are about 30-40 minutes from Worcester. I know Jet Blue may be adding Worcester in the near future.

Our update:

We finally booked our flights about 2 weeks ago: JetBlue on June 23rd leaving Boston at 9:30pm arriving in Orlando at 12:23 AM (Saturday). We will stay at the Hyatt at the airport and we still need to arrange transportation to the port.

Today we booked our stay after the cruise. We are staying at BWV in a standard 1 BW June 29th- July5th. We still need to book our return flight. We plan on flying home on the evening of July 5th so we can enjoy a day in the park before heading home!

Our friends are on the same flight and also booked BWV today, staying an extra day!

next: tickets and transportation!

That's great, Tracey! Makes it seem all that much more real...

We reserved the Hyatt MCO too for the 23rd - but are renting at Wyndham Bonnet Creek post cruise. First time off site in about 25 years. Yikes!! But there are 8 of us - and after the expense of the cruise and all that goes along with it, we just couldn't swing staying on-site this time. We're staying till the 5th too - but flying on SWA.

Can't wait to meet you, your family, and our fellow cruisers in about 6 months!

See you then.:thumbsup2

It looks like Val & I will still be living in MA then, but we won't have time constraints since I'll be retired. So, we will have to think a bit more about how many days to spend before/after the cruise.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what kind of deals Dreams can arrange on pre/post cruise stays for this. I know John is very busy right now with DAP, and then he and Kevin are off to Italy for the holidays so I don't expect to see anything about it for some time yet.

I've been doing some research on the Fourth of July Fireworks, etc & this is what I've found so far:

1. MK usually offers special fireworks on both the 3rd & 4th. This is because MK is usually packed to the hilt on the 4th and will probably have to close to additional guests at some point during the day. These fireworks have been known to start an hour earlier than usual (9:00 PM)

2. EP will also have special fireworks on the 4th & will probably take the majority of the overflow from MK on that day.

So we've decided to go to the MK on the 3rd until it gets too crowded for us, then head home for a break. (It will be our first time staying off-site in many years.) We've got an ADR at the Calif Grill for 7:25 to watch the fireworks - away from the crowds. Hope that is a good time considering the earlier fireworks. Only time will tell...

On the 4th we'll spend the day at EP and have an ADR at La Hacienda. I know we may or may not see the fireworks from our table, but we'll take that chance.

We've decided to eat somewhere in the Boardwalk area then look for Illuminations from the bridge between th Boardwalk and Beach Club areas on the nite we return from the cruise (June 29). That won't be the optimal place, but if we can't see it (Illuminations) on the 4th, at least we'll have seen it, if not exactly in all it's splendor.

Of course this is all speculation based on what's occured in the past, but we're going with it.

What are your plans? I'm sure you all know much more about these things than I. We've never been at this time of year, and are eager to hear your take on it....

Gretchen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter