Delete Thread

POFQ QS (Snack, Breakfast)

While Saussagoula was under refurbishment, we ate snacks and breakfast on our last day at the temporary QS eatery at POFQ.

We of course had to try the famed beignets (which I did mention in my Tr already):

View attachment 205840

We got raspberry and chocolate dipping sauce. These were a hit with Josh because fried dough of any type is something he normally can't eat, but I don't think he'd go out of his way to eat them again. However I didn't really think they tasted that great or were as amazing as I'd heard and the dipping sauce didn't help.

On our last day we didn't have much time for breakfast because we moved our flight earlier so we once again stopped by the QS. The problem we kept having at POFQ QS was every time we mentioned Josh was gluten free we'd get a sigh and sometimes an eyeroll before they went to get the chef. They really acted like we were making it hard on them, but if possible Josh would be fine with them just typing in "gluten free" at the QS places since you end up waiting longer, but I'm pretty sure it's their policy.

I got scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, a Mickey waffle, and a biscuit. Josh got Mickey waffles and bacon. This was a typical QS breakfast, and soon we were on our way home.

View attachment 205838 View attachment 205839

Well that's the last entry for this dining TR! But in 29 days we're going back for another 9 days, and have plenty of delicious dining that I'll review in my next dining TR.

I have wondered about the beignets. I had them years ago and wasn't impressed. Then I heard tons of rave reviews, so I thought I should try them...but then I went to New Orleans and had real ones, so I don't know if there's any point now.

Umm, I liked the Beignets :rolleyes1 But I love fried dough! I've never been to New Orleans but Steve has, and while he didn't think the FQ ones were bad he did say the ones in New Orleans were MUCH better.
Loved your report! Of course I'll be reading your next one :)

Done! :)

That grill cheese sandwich sounded so good. I'm sorry it sounded better than it tasted. There's one at Beaches and Cream I think I'm gonna try in June. I hope it's good!

Those Club Villain desserts look good, good.

I love beignets but my DH is from Louisiana so I don't know if the POFQ ones are up to snuff or not. I'd be willing to try them, though!

Oh and like Josh, I dislike coconut. I do, however, love me some red velvet anything!

Great report! Onto December..... :)

It's not too bad, I wanted to try something new, but Josh really loved it so it was his only request. While Tonga Toast is good, it's not good enough for me to go back everytime. I gave it a second chance because I used too much strawberry compote last time, but it'll be a little bit before we go back again.
My son had the Tonga toast and declared it okay, but said his dads was better. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter