Delete Thread

Tonga Toast looks so good, I can't wait to try it!

Those fries also look pretty good from Cosmic Rays, I prefer more of a shoestring-style french fry and that looks like what those are... I'll have to keep that place in mind!

We did Kona breakfast once a few years ago because one of my friends raved about it. We weren't impressed :duck:I had the pineaple macadamia nut pancakes but I was disappointed because I thought they'd be IN the pancakes, not on top. Steve got the Tonga Toast, which is what my friend said was the best thing she' d ever eaten was, and he didn't think it was anything special......then they burned Ricky's Mickey pancake lol so he was pissed too :rotfl: I'd be willing to give it another shot but as I mentioned once in my dining report, once Steve doesn't like a place it isn't easy to get him to go back . I think it just wasn't our "thing" becaise it's a favorite for many people!

We did Kona breakfast once a few years ago because one of my friends raved about it. We weren't impressed :duck:I had the pineaple macadamia nut pancakes but I was disappointed because I thought they'd be IN the pancakes, not on top. Steve got the Tonga Toast, which is what my friend said was the best thing she' d ever eaten was, and he didn't think it was anything special......then they burned Ricky's Mickey pancake lol so he was pissed too :rotfl: I'd be willing to give it another shot but as I mentioned once in my dining report, once Steve doesn't like a place it isn't easy to get him to go back . I think it just wasn't our "thing" becaise it's a favorite for many people!

Last edited:
It's not too bad, I wanted to try something new, but Josh really loved it so it was his only request. While Tonga Toast is good, it's not good enough for me to go back everytime. I gave it a second chance because I used too much strawberry compote last time, but it'll be a little bit before we go back again.

If you're a Tonga Toast fan, you can get it at the QS place. I don't know whether the taste is the same, but it doesn't come with the strawberry compote.

I knew what I wanted to try right away. The cheese empanadas with tomatillo sauce and queso fresco. However they really just give you the empanadas and ask what you want on top. I asked for the tomatillo sauce and some sour cream on the side. It also came with rice and beans. For dessert I got churros and chocolate sauce. This was actually very good. In fact I've never had a churro before, but knew I'd like them. I thought they tasted just like the cinnamon dippers at Ground Round. They used to be my favorite when I was a kid, and I've never found anything that tasted like them since. The only thing I think would've improved them was if the chocolate was hot.

I used to love the Ground Round! I havn't eaten at one of those in YEARS! They used to bring Popcorn to the tables! :love:

Josh went with his standard gluten free pepperoni pizza which he enjoys. He got a refillable mug again and we used it a lot more this time because we were closer to the food court.

HUGE fan of the refillable mugs.... seriously they are amazing. :thumbsup2

For his entree he got the sweet and sour chicken which is tempura chicken, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, pineapple. He was very excited to be able to eat Chinese food that was gluten free as that isn't usually an option for him.

This is good to know! I will have to remember this as a dining option for our next trip. I love Sweet and Sour Chicken, and the fact that its gluten free makes me happy~! :dancer:

I got the Kobe beef burger which is a 10 oz. grilled American Kobe beef burger, with sesame-soy mayonnaise (I got this on the side), crispy shoestring fries. The topping choices didn't appeal to me so I opted out of those. This was a pretty good burger, but it was cooked a tad more than I like it. The fries were very good though.

Holy moly, this looks so delicious!

We started out with gluten free bread for Josh and pineapple coconut bread for me.

I've never had pineapple coconut bread before, but it sounds amazing!

That night we decided to make a last minute Beaches and Cream reservation to get the Mini Mickey Kitchen Sink!

Wow that looks so good. You guys are on a roll with great food choices on this trip!!

Also, you are such an inspiration to me because I NEVER remember to take FOOD PICTURES!!! Great Job!!! :cheer2:

I'm another one (hate to say this) who doesn't get the Kona love. We went there for dinner last time in 2014 and my sushi was cold and dried out (like it had been made many hours earlier, it is fresher at the supermarket) and my wings were pink and cold near the bone :crazy2: the manager was great though, I took a bite and swallowed it and then worried I might get sick from it. He took both dishes off of my bill but only after I requested that specifically because I had lost my appetite and didn't want any more than the couple of bites I had taken of either. Kiddo's mickey raviolis were a hit though.

I have been to breakfast there before and also did not like the tonga toast (again don't kill me lol). But had it planned for our upcoming trip to try the Samoan since we are staying at the Poly but ended up giving it up for a breakfast at WCC instead so we have an excuse to visit that resort in xmas splendor. I would love to try the samoan someday though!

I'm another one (hate to say this) who doesn't get the Kona love. We went there for dinner last time in 2014 and my sushi was cold and dried out (like it had been made many hours earlier, it is fresher at the supermarket) and my wings were pink and cold near the bone :crazy2: the manager was great though, I took a bite and swallowed it and then worried I might get sick from it. He took both dishes off of my bill but only after I requested that specifically because I had lost my appetite and didn't want any more than the couple of bites I had taken of either. Kiddo's mickey raviolis were a hit though.

I have been to breakfast there before and also did not like the tonga toast (again don't kill me lol). But had it planned for our upcoming trip to try the Samoan since we are staying at the Poly but ended up giving it up for a breakfast at WCC instead so we have an excuse to visit that resort in xmas splendor. I would love to try the samoan someday though!

I think it's good, but I'd be fine with not going too. I've tried the Tonga toast twice, and I don't think I'd order it again if we go back. Josh really likes the Samoan though so it must be pretty good, but I don't like pork so it doesn't appeal to me. That sounds so gross! I would lose my appetite too. The lunch/dinner menu doesn't really appeal to either of us. We're doing a WCC breakfast during Christmastime too!

I think it's good, but I'd be fine with not going too. I've tried the Tonga toast twice, and I don't think I'd order it again if we go back. Josh really likes the Samoan though so it must be pretty good, but I don't like pork so it doesn't appeal to me. That sounds so gross! I would lose my appetite too. The lunch/dinner menu doesn't really appeal to either of us. We're doing a WCC breakfast during Christmastime too!
are you going back this year at christmastime? It is kind of hard to RUIN breakfast, at best it's just not great. WCC was never my favorite for dinner either, but we'll give it a try for breakfast. My kiddo will get the skillet and eat his weight in mickey waffles and bacon, so he is pretty easy to please (no mickey waffles at Kona either! just the pancake lol)

are you going back this year at christmastime? It is kind of hard to RUIN breakfast, at best it's just not great. WCC was never my favorite for dinner either, but we'll give it a try for breakfast. My kiddo will get the skillet and eat his weight in mickey waffles and bacon, so he is pretty easy to please (no mickey waffles at Kona either! just the pancake lol)

Yes! Well slightly before Christmastime but to see everything Christmas. We're going back December 9th-14th then USO till the 17th. We've never had dinner at WCC, but my boyfriend would love the skillet. Dinner didn't fit into our plans, but breakfast did, and I think the breakfast menu looks so good!

D-Luxe Burger looks good; reminds me of a place by my sister in Ga. but it's not the same. didn't know they have a red velvet macaroon, that alone is reason for me to go there!
I need to actually write down all the snacks I want to try next month because now I'm losing track :rotfl2:but the Mickey Pants Sundae is one. Although it's more like a meal than a snack!

D-Luxe Burger looks good; reminds me of a place by my sister in Ga. but it's not the same. didn't know they have a red velvet macaroon, that alone is reason for me to go there!
I need to actually write down all the snacks I want to try next month because now I'm losing track :rotfl2:but the Mickey Pants Sundae is one. Although it's more like a meal than a snack!

It was good! I can't wait to try the macaroons next time. :rotfl: My snack list is so long too.

I also loved the strip loin and I liked the bread pudding; Steve loved the shrimp and had like 4 servings lol. The Queen of Hearts desserts were my favorite and the sangria was my favorite drink- I Tried them all except Cruella's which just didn't appeal to me for some reason?
One of our table mates got GF desserts but they were different than Josh's, and that looks to be pretty much the only thing they've changed since the beginning.

View attachment 205232
Because of the lighting it was very hard to get decent pictures so I have resorted to stealing some from google.

This is a picture of the menu:

View attachment 205235

Though I don't have a picture I enjoyed the herb crusted strip loin, and polenta. I wasn't as big a fan of the bread pudding though.

Josh loved the shrimp:

View attachment 205234

Due to Food & Wine earlier we weren't extremely hungry so that was all we ate of the main course. Here's two of the drinks (I tried them all for research purposes of course). :rotfl:

View attachment 205236

My favorite out of all of them was Cruella's. I like coconut and I found this one delicious. The Cursed Violet sounded good, but was heavy on the lemonade which I don't really like. Here's one of the others a sangria:

View attachment 205230

I believe the 4th was a hard cider and whiskey but I wasn't a fan.

Next up was dessert! Maleficent had a purple angel food cake cupcake and a cheesecake pushup. I preferred the angel food cake.

View attachment 205228

The Queen of Hearts had macaroons and a red velvet cupcake. Both of which were good.

View attachment 205229

The Evil queen had a green apple mousse and another dessert that was served on a spoon (I forget what it was). neither of these were very good in my opinion.

Cruella had a chocolate tart and a panna cotta. The Panna cotta was the better of the two. (Though it doesn't look like my picture uploaded for those).

View attachment 205233

This is Josh's gluten free plate it includes his own cupcakes, panna cotta, fruit, and more.

View attachment 205231

We were very satisfied with the food. The food was not a big part of us deciding to go to this event, but the fact that it was enjoyable still added to the event. Overall we found Club Villain enjoyable and unique. And if we do it again in the future we'll also have a better idea of which foods and desserts we enjoy.

I really need that sparkly poisoned apple for my house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter