$207 Base for VGF2. Great incentives!

My big problem with those resorts is the traffic walking the other way (IE non resort guests with super easy access to the resorts). The lobby in Grand Cal is worse than Grand Central most days, regardless of season, and a ton of that foot traffic is transient theme park and DTD guests wandering about, looking for a "quiet" bathroom, etc.. The same issue exists to a similar extent due to Monorail access. (Full disclosure, I did that too before becoming a member...LOL)

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the beautiful lobbies should be shared with everyone, but I kinda like a little tranquility when I'm done with the parks, or trying to enjoy my morning coffee and breakfast. That's why I prefer WL. Sorta close, but not so easily accessed as to be open to the hoi polloi.
Totally agree with you about the Grand Cal lobby. While beautiful, it does feel like grand central station. But then again, since DLR is so small, Grand Cal has sort of become an attraction in itself. As an owner, I too feel annoyed at times but agree that the beauty of the resort needs to be shared by all. And yes about WL! So quiet and tranquil. I sometimes wish a monorail station would be built there but I come back to reality when I think about the Grand Cal lobby. And that dedicated DCA entrance, wasn’t that only for Grand Cal hotel guests at one point?

Totally agree with you about the Grand Cal lobby. While beautiful, it does feel like grand central station. But then again, since DLR is so small, Grand Cal has sort of become an attraction in itself. As an owner, I too feel annoyed at times but agree that the beauty of the resort needs to be shared by all. And yes about WL! So quiet and tranquil. I sometimes wish a monorail station would be built there but I come back to reality when I think about the Grand Cal lobby. And that dedicated DCA entrance, wasn’t that only for Grand Cal hotel guests at one point?

For me, close enough for a short boat ride, but far enough away to be in a different world.

im in for 125 points. My guide is pushing me to bump up to 200 to get the $21 incentives. I’m really torn
Don’t ever let anyone force you into something you’re not comfortable with. In the end you are just a sale to them. Only you know how much you can afford. Stay strong!!

Its the best entrance at WDW.

You have basically 320 days of festivals, tons of restaurants, and its a quieter entrance.
If you could just walk into the park with a AP it makes sense. But with theme park reservations, that changes the game. No strolling into Epcot for a quick bite then going to another park. You have to wait till 2:00 pm to park hop.

As someone who loves the Grand Floridian and is excited by this, I think I’m going to wait and see what happens to the resale market.

I guess as a RIV owner, having the ability to use all of my points at both resorts would be valuable. But I don't really see much value beyond that in buying direct here.

If the resort opens this summer, and your UY is after the summer, can they legally do that (at least without compensating you)?

It sound like they can because you don’t pay any MFs until your UY starts. So, if I wanted Dec UY, I would get 2022 points but MFs for only one month.

Though, he did say I would have been allowed to borrow them. I opted to get June UY points instead since it doesn’t matter based on 150 points and now I use things, especially got split stays.

Now, my MFs will be from date of open since I will have points come June 1st.

If you could just walk into the park with a AP it makes sense. But with theme park reservations, that changes the game. No strolling into Epcot for a quick bite then going to another park. You have to wait till 2:00 pm to park hop.

Except 2pm really is not that late?

Park from rope drop until 10am/11am, lunch at that park/DS/resort location near park, room to rest/pool, in to Epcot in the afternoon/evening.

If you are going to Epcot from BW/BC/RIV at 11am when WS opens, by the time you eat, walk back to a bus, and go to another park it likely is going to be 1pm-2pm. All it does is prevent you from eating a normal timed lunch in Epcot if you went elsewhere.

If there's no 21 points, does that mean no MF until your 2022 use year starts?

Either when the resort opens, or your UY starts, whichever is later.

So, if it opens in June or July, Aug to Dec UYs will pay 2022 MFs from start of 2022 UY

Those with Feb to June, will pay 2022 MFs from date of the rooms opening for occupancy.

Reactions: cm8
And that dedicated DCA entrance, wasn’t that only for Grand Cal hotel guests at one point?
It is only for guests of the Grand Californian hotel/villas. You need to have an active GCH/GCV room key to use it.

As someone who loves the Grand Floridian and is excited by this, I think I’m going to wait and see what happens to the resale market.

I guess as a RIV owner, having the ability to use all of my points at both resorts would be valuable. But I don't really see much value beyond that in buying direct here.

I wouldn't wait I would honestly be putting in a offers as of this morning on VGF contracts as "low ball" offers. Take the previous price of $255 to their listed price and then do that with the new $207 price and give that as the reason for your offer. You could even come up a little and say you are trying to meet them in the middle.

Yes. But I think at one point, you used to haveto have a room key or a dining reservation. Now anyone can go in and out.
You can't get into the resort from off property without a room or dining reservation, and you MIGHT need a resort key to go INTO DCA from Grand Cal, but there's absolutely nothing stopping the casual DCA guest from exiting through the GC DCA entrance, or anyone using the DTD entrance by the ballrooms to enter the Grand Cal lobby (just like any of the resorts). Full disclosure, we do it (exit DCA through the GC entrance) all the time because it's a shorter walk through DTD to the Simba DTD lot or the parking structures than going back to the DCA main gate.

Bottom line: anyone inside DCA, or in DTD can simply walk into the Grand Cal lobby, which is the "issue" since we were talking about the influx of people. as a result of the proximity.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter