2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for this! I have always carried my drivers license, and I'm happier to have a picture of the passport, not the real thing, with me at Epcot!

Is the only way to get seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts to book the dining package? I walked by a concert last year and just stood in the back to listen, but this year I'm going for someone I really want to see, so wondering if I am allowed to sit in the benches, or if that is all reserved?

Is the only way to get seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts to book the dining package? I walked by a concert last year and just stood in the back to listen, but this year I'm going for someone I really want to see, so wondering if I am allowed to sit in the benches, or if that is all reserved?
If there's room you can absolutely take a seat.

I see references to ID required. Given I'm sixty two and don't look younger :( I don't know if I'll still be carded... and since I'm from Canada, what is the ID? I heard it's a passport? Not really wild on carrying it with me but if I need to I will. Anyone have any thoughts?
Just returned from F&W trip. DH and I are straddling 50 and weren’t carded a single time.

Looking at the theater, a stand-by line forms to the right/toward Italy (the line to the left/toward Japan is the package holders). For each show, they let the package holders in first and then let the stand-by line in, until it hits capacity. Once you're "in", you can select any available seat -- they don't direct you to a particular row or seat. The smaller the party, it tends to be easier to find a spot. For a lot of shows it doesn't hit capacity but for some (e.g. Joey Fatone, Boys 2 Men, Hanson) it definitely has the potential to so you'd want to get in the stand-by line "early" for those to ensure you get a seat. If you're in the area, you can monitor the stand-by line to decide when/if you need to join. Good luck!!

I thought this was an interesting response to a question on tequila lunches on La Cava's insta stories. Not sure I buy that they don't know yet in mid-Sept ... given the time required to develop menu and pairings and open to reservations. But they chose to answer it - or maybe just wanted to advertise the Agave Experience -- which is great. I will continue to hold out hope that the tequila lunch and other special events return some day.

Tequila Lunches.jpg

Looking at the theater, a stand-by line forms to the right/toward Italy (the line to the left/toward Japan is the package holders). For each show, they let the package holders in first and then let the stand-by line in, until it hits capacity. Once you're "in", you can select any available seat -- they don't direct you to a particular row or seat. The smaller the party, it tends to be easier to find a spot. For a lot of shows it doesn't hit capacity but for some (e.g. Joey Fatone, Boys 2 Men, Hanson) it definitely has the potential to so you'd want to get in the stand-by line "early" for those to ensure you get a seat. If you're in the area, you can monitor the stand-by line to decide when/if you need to join. Good luck!!
thank you for this! It's for Hanson and it will just be me so I'm planning to get to back that way early on the day they are performing and would love to stay for all 3 shows that night! :cloud9:

thank you for this! It's for Hanson and it will just be me so I'm planning to get to back that way early on the day they are performing and would love to stay for all 3 shows that night! :cloud9:
What time do lines start forming for Hansen (hoping to see the 6:45 show)

I found this video extremely helpful. Excited for this year’s improved offerings. We will be there half days 10/28 (pm) and 11/4 (am)

What time do lines start forming for Hansen (hoping to see the 6:45 show)
from what I have heard/read, it seems that people line up super early. I wish I knew more about the lining up stuff, but everytime I try to google about how people line up for the concerts, I just get results about the actual lineup of performers :laughing: So I guess I'm in the "earlier the better" thought process.

from what I have heard/read, it seems that people line up super early. I wish I knew more about the lining up stuff, but everytime I try to google about how people line up for the concerts, I just get results about the actual lineup of performers :laughing: So I guess I'm in the "earlier the better" thought process.

Here is some good info posted by 2excited2sleep, just a few posts up.

These are all cute ... but I do miss the days of the passholder festival gift (have to visit x times over the festival to receive) -- excluding the year they offered buttons. Remember the cutting boards? So cute.

Separate/side question - am sincerely not trying to cause any drama. Is there an announcement or post anywhere that lists what sites we can link to and those we can't? I always thought this site was off limits so have resisted sharing anything from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter