2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

Planning on hopping my butt off during my August 6 to 14th stay at the Boardwalk. To be able to walk to this? What a pleasant turn of events. Hopefully they don't start canceling the ability to hop there at that time but I figure Epcot being so big that I should be ok during the week at least...hopefully they will start opening prior to 11a and praying for fireworks for the little ones.

Planning on hopping my butt off during my August 6 to 14th stay at the Boardwalk. To be able to walk to this? What a pleasant turn of events. Hopefully they don't start canceling the ability to hop there at that time but I figure Epcot being so big that I should be ok during the week at least...hopefully they will start opening prior to 11a and praying for fireworks for the little ones.

So far there have been no reports of anyone being turned away from park hopping and with capacity increasing, I'd expect that to continue. And the ability to walk into EPCOT through the International Gateway is :cloud9: I'm hoping for earlier opens and fireworks too. But just a note on Food & Wine festival specifically ... World Showcase (and all the food booths within it) as well as the food booths in Future World have historically not opened until 11am, even with an earlier park open (exceptions: the bakery in France opened with the park as well as the Frozen attraction and sit-down restaurant in Norway). Of course, could be different this year, -- particularly as Ratatouille opens 10/1-- but that's what's happened in the past.

So far there have been no reports of anyone being turned away from park hopping and with capacity increasing, I'd expect that to continue. And the ability to walk into EPCOT through the International Gateway is :cloud9: I'm hoping for earlier opens and fireworks too. But just a note on Food & Wine festival specifically ... World Showcase (and all the food booths within it) as well as the food booths in Future World have historically not opened until 11am, even with an earlier park open (exceptions: the bakery in France opened with the park as well as the Frozen attraction and sit-down restaurant in Norway). Of course, could be different this year, -- particularly as Ratatouille opens 10/1-- but that's what's happened in the past.
Good point about World Showcase always opening later.
Also thinking about Garden Grill not serving breakfast and how that was one of our top meals last year when we visited pre-pandemic. Would like to do that again. Less than 80 days until arrival. I bet there will be more re-openings of shows/restaurants. I just hope these are announced earlier than later as I am pretty set on my park passes (I think)..however all boardwalks will eventually lead to Epcot.

Hi all!

Do we know when the menus will be released?
It's less than two months away!
I'm hungry!
:D
I was wondering the same. Last year it was July 9th (festival started 8/29). I'd expect to hear something soon-ish, given that this year's festival starts 7/15.

I was wondering the same. Last year it was July 9th (festival started 8/29). I'd expect to hear something soon-ish, given that this year's festival starts 7/15.

I am guessing they have to end F&G before they put out information for F&W. :confused3

I am guessing they have to end F&G before they put out information for F&W. :confused3
Good point. Last year there was no F&G. Or, to be more accurate, it ended abruptly with park closure in March 2020 and didn't pick back up on re-opening. F&G 2021 ends 7/5.

Hi all, I'll be staying at the Beach Club (first time!) during this year's Food & Wine festival (also first time!) Is it possible to bring festival food back to the hotel room for those in my party who don't want to go to the park?

Hi all, I'll be staying at the Beach Club (first time!) during this year's Food & Wine festival (also first time!) Is it possible to bring festival food back to the hotel room for those in my party who don't want to go to the park?
I’ve taken dinner back to the BC for my crew, but I’ve never looked for takeout containers at the booths. I would take your own containers like the disneyfoodblog ladies and you shouldn’t have any trouble.

First time at BC and the festival! How exciting!!! Yes, you are allowed to take food out of the park. You are not allowed to take alcohol out - they will ask you to drink it before passing through the gates. As indicated above, the festival booths aren't equipped with takeout materials (trays, bags, larger containers etc.) - just the small cardboard "boats" or plastic cups the individual dishes are typically served in so depending on how much you're trying to carry back you may want to think through strategy and bring something to make it easier on you. Also depending on where the booths are located, some could potentially be a longer walk and conceivably the dish no longer in prime condition by the time you get it back to the room. For example, in years past there has been a raclette cheese that I don't think would transfer very well - you want to eat that while still very melty. Hope you have a great first trip!!!

First time at BC and the festival! How exciting!!! Yes, you are allowed to take food out of the park. You are not allowed to take alcohol out - they will ask you to drink it before passing through the gates. As indicated above, the festival booths aren't equipped with takeout materials (trays, bags, larger containers etc.) - just the small cardboard "boats" or plastic cups the individual dishes are typically served in so depending on how much you're trying to carry back you may want to think through strategy and bring something to make it easier on you. Also depending on where the booths are located, some could potentially be a longer walk and conceivably the dish no longer in prime condition by the time you get it back to the room. For example, in years past there has been a raclette cheese that I don't think would transfer very well - you want to eat that while still very melty. Hope you have a great first trip!!!
Thanks so much! I'll plan on bringinging foil and to-go containers, and a big bag to carry it all back! I'm so excited!

Thanks so much! I'll plan on bringinging foil and to-go containers, and a big bag to carry it all back!

Definitely a good idea if taking things back to your rooms. We also ask at least once per festival, just in case. :) I can't imagine they have room for all those carry-out containers in those tiny booths. Not to mention the massive amount of waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter