• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Release Watch :)

Just booked POR Preferred at 5:20 am EST (only availability for SPD) for 1/21-1/27. Will keep checking to see if a standard or garden view pops up to get the cost down. I am kind of shocked that there is no availability at POP. We are torn between 1 room at POR and 2 rooms at POP. *sigh* I know things can keep changing, and it is early in the game. How is everyone else doing?

It's all in what you're looking for! I am jealous that you can get POR preferred. I can't get it for my dates...YET. I refuse to give up.

It's all in what you're looking for! I am jealous that you can get POR preferred. I can't get it for my dates...YET. I refuse to give up.
Yes, I think I got pretty lucky. 10 minutes after I booked, there was no availability at POR for our dates. Crazy. I still can't get over how there is no availability at POP for SPD. There wasn't any availability on the Visa offer either.

I'm having difficulty understanding the booking requirements of the room only offer. My TA was able to rebook my CBR standard room reservation for 12 nights to the RO discount at CBR, and the website still shows availability for those same 12 nights for the discount. However, my in-laws can't get an RO for their 7 night stay that starts exactly the same day my stay does. Why would Disney not allow the discount on a shorter stay?

I'm having difficulty understanding the booking requirements of the room only offer. My TA was able to rebook my CBR standard room reservation for 12 nights to the RO discount at CBR, and the website still shows availability for those same 12 nights for the discount. However, my in-laws can't get an RO for their 7 night stay that starts exactly the same day my stay does. Why would Disney not allow the discount on a shorter stay?
I've found this before too. I believe it has to do with something in disneys computer that helps to prevent single night and shorter vacancies and such that make for difficult to book rooms. That seems like giving the computer a lot of credit (this is Disney IT after all but that's my best guess). One idea around it may be to book the longer stay then try and cancel the extra nights on a separate call. I'm not sure it'll work but it's worth a try and if it doesn't work just cancel the reservation and nothing was lost but your time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter