2017 QSDP Questions

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I'm aware of the changes (2 Snacks, no desserts with meals) to the 2017 QSDP but I do have a question. I almost never drink anything but water or wine/beer with my meals. In 2015 I was able to swap out my soft drink for a side or dessert. Anyone know if this will be possible with the new plan? I'm mainly concerned with the resort food courts since we'll have mugs if we do want coffee or something.

Thanks!

The official QSDP brochure for 2017 does not mention "drink or eligible snack" as part of the QS meal entitlement. So it's hard to say. Given that they already cut the plan back (for profit), if they also required the drink to be used as a drink, that would additionally pad the profit margin.

The challenge is also "eligible snack." I know you should not rely on swapping drink for a snack at BOG.

Mostly I'm wanting to replace my breakfast beverage with a fruit of some sort at the resort. If nothing pops up here before I return I'll make sure to report on my successes and failures :)

The official QSDP brochure for 2017 does not mention "drink or eligible snack" as part of the QS meal entitlement. So it's hard to say. Given that they already cut the plan back (for profit), if they also required the drink to be used as a drink, that would additionally pad the profit margin.

Actually, the * is still beside the non-alcoholic beverage and ties to the statement "may be substituted for any item that is an eligible snack credit at the location."

Mostly I'm wanting to replace my breakfast beverage with a fruit of some sort at the resort. If nothing pops up here before I return I'll make sure to report on my successes and failures :)

So, OP, you should be able to do that at your resort QS location.

Is the soup at BOG a snack credit?

At lunch time it is still a snack credit, but with the removal of the dessert portion on the DDP for QS restaurants, you probably won't be able to get the soup instead of a drink as they are not allowing that anymore at BoG. If you want the soup, you will have to "spend" a snack credit along with your QS credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter