2017 popcorn buckets?

So are the buckets refillable for the whole trip or just the day you purchase them? We are looking at a ten day trip next year and I thought they would be nice to have for an inexpensive snack (and we love popcorn) but if I have to buy a new one everyday it will add up very quickly

fyi refills aren't free, it's a reduced price from normal bucket of popcorn It's like $1 instead of $3 or 4. better than paying full price if it'll do for snacks.

fyi refills aren't free, it's a reduced price from normal bucket of popcorn It's like $1 instead of $3 or 4. better than paying full price if it'll do for snacks.
I know. Its easier to say yes to $1.50 than $4. So if I can make the kids happy, it worth it at the reduced price.

At MK and Epcot today there were people getting refills in non-seasonal and winter buckets. I didn't bring my winter bucket but now I'm regretting it!

Can anyone tell me what special buckets are to available, such as the Han Solo or Cinderella coach buckets they had last summer? Hoping to add something cool to our collection when we go back this August.

Thanks for all the responses. We just got back from our trip. Of course we forgot our popcorn buckets at home, but technically you're only supposed to refill for your trip. They were doing refills for $1.50 on the ones from last year (the park specific ones, not the holiday) and the sign said they were refillable the duration of your stay.

My bucket from our trip in 2016 is a 7dmt theme with Minnie and Mickey on the ride.

Would they refill it if I brought it along next week?

Does anyone have pictures of the refillable popcorn buckets that are out now from each park?

Was planning on asking the same question later tonight.

Is their any kind of list showing which souvenir popcorn baskets are currently available and where (park/location)? Also, the souvenir buckets are refillable for the duration of a trip, correct?

Plan on being in Epcot for our first evening and don't remember seeing any Epcot specific souvenir buckets. We open up HS the next morning and would like to know which souvenir buckets are available. Any Star Wars ones, like The Hans Solo Carbonite, available and if so where?

There's another thread asking about options to making it easy to carry the bucket around all day. I'm wondering the same thing. Are you able to attach a strap to the plastic loops that hold the handle? Does DW sell straps for this?

In March 2017 MK was selling the same Goofy Barnstormer bucket that we had bought in March 2016.

Does anyone have pictures of the refillable popcorn buckets that are out now from each park?
We were there last week of March and there was a park specific one avail at each park.
MK was barnstormer as @isabellea said and Epcot was mission space with the characters in space outfits. I forget the exact look of the other parks' buckets

(Can refill at any of the 4 parks). I think there were also some specialty ones too but didn't pay much attention to those.

Last edited:
There's another thread asking about options to making it easy to carry the bucket around all day. I'm wondering the same thing. Are you able to attach a strap to the plastic loops that hold the handle? Does DW sell straps for this?

No need for a special strap - the popcorn bucket handle is detachable. So you can unhook one side, thread the handle through a backpack strap or whatever, then hook the handle back to the bucket.

No need for a special strap - the popcorn bucket handle is detachable. So you can unhook one side, thread the handle through a backpack strap or whatever, then hook the handle back to the bucket.

True. But I wear a waist pack. I don't think that will work.

True. But I wear a waist pack. I don't think that will work.
Fair enough. But really no matter how you wear it the popcorn bucket is not going to be comfy or inconspicuous. We ended up shoving it into our backpack, because it kept bouncing around when it was attached outside.

Edit: to answer the prior question - no, I have seen no strap or other device marketed towards popcorn bucket wearers.

I believe they are all the same from last year. FYI in Adventureland they have Maple flavored popcorn. It's the only place in MK with it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter