• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I just have a question about corral placement. My husband (who ran cross country throughout college on scholarship) submitted a POT with an estimated finish time of 1:47 for the Princess half. However, he was placed in Corral I. How is this possible when that corral has a finish time of 2:48? He is worried about having to slow his 7:45 minute mile pace (which is what is most comfortable for him) because of all the people in his corral and those in front of him. He isn't concerned about a PR oanything, he just wants to run comfortably and slower isn't. It just doesn't seem safe for him or the other runners in the corral. Anybody have any clue as to why such a low placement for him?

Last edited:
I just have a question about corral placement. My husband (who ran cross country throughout college on scholarship) submitted a POT with an estimated finish time of 1:47 for the Princess half. However, he was placed in Corral I. How is this possible when that corral has a finish time of 2:48? He is worried about having to slow his 7:45 minute mile pace (which is what is most comfortable for him) because of all the people in his corral and those in front of him. He isn't concerned about a PR oanything, he just wants to run comfortably and slower isn't. It just doesn't seem safe for him or the other runners in the corral. Anybody have any clue as to why such a low placement for him?

Ugh, that sucks for him. It's possible the race he submitted couldn't be found to verify. That happened to my husband once, although I think he got an email about it and was able to submit a new POT. When my husband ran this race he ran in the grass nearly the whole race to get around the slower runners/walkers. He hated it, but his time wasn't that far off his estimate that way. That is the reason he will never run this race again.

That stinks! Do you know what he put in for his anticipated finish time?

If it were me in this situation, I would go to Runner Relations at the expo and see if they could change the corral. I just logged into my Active account and I can still see the time and race I submitted for GSC - I would recommend he log into his account, print out proof that he submitted a time (in Active it should be under My Events) and be ready to got to the expo with that printout + a printout of the race time he submitted. If he did everything like he was supposed to I would hope they would move him! He should be in Corral B...like you said, it's not safe or fun for anyone (him or the people in Corral I) if he's not starting where he should be, and it's unfair if he submitted the time the way he was supposed to and didn't get placed properly. I hope it works out!
Kind of a silly question- are there mile markers for the 5K?
Yes! Not silly. They will have clocks on them even though the bibs are not chip-timed. :)

Training question! Do any of you guys use the Galloway run/walk/run training method? If so, do you use the app?

Also, on the real bathrooms, the one near Tomorrowland Terrace was open last year. I hate to give away the secret because it had a 3 person line :) It is a little off the course but I feel like we made up for it by not waiting in line.

Take printouts of the race he ran as proof ... and head to runner relations, after you pick up everything.

We met a fellow at the Tink race who ran the Boston Marathon and did quite well .... he was placed in the last corral. He simply took his printed proof to Runner Relations and they moved him up.

Good luck!

Brian

Training question! Do any of you guys use the Galloway run/walk/run training method? If so, do you use the app?

I sort of follow it. I'm running the 5K, 10K & 1/2. I'm only using the run/walk/run method for the 1/2. I do not use the app. I have a Garmin watch that I prefer to use.

Thanks for the info. I thought I knew every bathroom in the MK, but I can not place the one to the left past Buzz. We always go to the big ones close to Space Mountain when we are in the park. I'll have to check them out on our MK day before the race.

We also do run/walk intervals. In fact, I switched to shorter intervals this year because we are faster that way. We usually do 30/30 with longer run segments when we feel strong. I use my Garmin and set it to 30/30. When we want to go longer, we just run through the buzz. I love my Garmin because it vibrates, so I don't have to listen for something.

Thanks for the info. I thought I knew every bathroom in the MK, but I can not place the one to the left past Buzz. We always go to the big ones close to Space Mountain when we are in the park. I'll have to check them out on our MK day before the race.

We also do run/walk intervals. In fact, I switched to shorter intervals this year because we are faster that way. We usually do 30/30 with longer run segments when we feel strong. I use my Garmin and set it to 30/30. When we want to go longer, we just run through the buzz. I love my Garmin because it vibrates, so I don't have to listen for something.

which garmin do you have?

This is what it is. If you are submitting a time below 2:45, it is no longer an ESTIMATED finish time. To get into the higher corrals you have to had raced in the past 2 years to receive the time. If you haven't raced seriously in the past 2 years, within the cut off date, then the system will default you into a lower corral.

But it is not estimated. The system will match the times to the dates to the link you have included.

If he has used a race in the past 2 years, and has his screen shot of submission, with correct links. Then they will change his corral at runner relations at the expo. But they will not if it is estimated.

Hopefully you find that helpful!! <3

nope I'm not. but my package says WDW PRINCESS MYW I-SPT. Do I pick up tickets and stuff at the expo? I feel like I remember seeing something about travel providers pick up but I can't remember because I don't normally go through an agent/

I would contact your agency to find out how you get tickets etc. I have also read that the rundisney packages don't get the cute tags either.

If his estimate matches his submitted POT he should contact them now and at Runnner Relations at the expo.

I'm slower and one of my least fave things last year at the 10k (I didn't do then half) was having tall fast men blowing by me. I'm sure they all thought they were following etiquette but their elbows were far too close to my shoulders and head, their desperation to get through clumps (I was alone so I was not part of a clump) made them make funny decisions, etc. I want those fast tall men in front of me, not zooming by me.

If he forgot to submit POT, or if his estimate was slower than POT (they seem to be placing people by their estimate; a faster POT isn't moving anyone up but just keeping them from being put into the last corral) and he can't move up, just help him understand that sometimes he'll see groups or clumps that don't mean to be groups or clumps, and to not run angrily. I truly got scared two or three times by how guys were running through. He doesn't want to scare us. :)

Many.

I don't use an app. I used to just estimate it but now I have that noisy timer I bought from the Galloways at Star Wars expo. :)

Last edited:
I know they can change your corral placement. I was on the bus after the race last year and chatted up a girl who had her corral changed and I saw the sticker on her bid. It was a very nice sticker...not like the stickers in the past when we could get corral upgrades without issue until race day. I'd bet you would have to have a pretty good story. Remember many of those working the expo and pickups are volunteers so they have no authority..just doing a job for a t-shirt or jacket.
Don't forget to thank all our water stop volunteers as you go by! And the nice ones that hand us our medals at the end!

I'm studying the pdf of the race map now that I can enlarge it better, and it really does look like we will not be running through the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter