2017 Discounts, in line or less than last year?

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
So, do you think that the room only discounts for early 2017 are in line with the discounts for last year, or are they less? I think I am just going to stay put at the Beach Club, with the rate I have unless I get a personal pin code.

To me, the discounts seem paltry relative to last year (last year, I believe we got 25% off the Poly and the 2017 discount is only 10%).

Surprising as I would have thought the discounts would have been at least the same as last year given all of the recent events that you would think would potentially hurt bookings at WDW (zika, gator attack, nightclub shooting, South American economy, UK/Canada exchange rate, etc.).

Very disappointed with the discounts. They get less and less every year.
We're going in January and currently have reservations at the Beach Club.
The Deluxe resorts have always been the same discount each and always the highest discount.
Now Disney is picking and choosing which deluxe resorts are 10%, which are 15%, which are 25%....
The BC is only 10% while the Yacht Club is 25%. Makes no sense.

If the reports of softness are true, this could be a tactic to try and show strength. They may trickle in more discounts as Q4 rolls along and bookings fail to materialize. I work in hospitality Revenue Management and this is common.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter