2017: A Year of New Beginnings & 1st Time Everythings/Soloing in the World Mar '17 *Update 3/2*

JessRose

Mouseketeer
Hello All!

Welcome to my first ever pre-trip report! My name is Jessica, and I'll be your cruise director, tour guide and ghost host with the mostest for the duration of this report!

70336844-B3C6-46EC-97CB-EE420945A00D_zpshastwoem.jpg

Like many of you, I'm obsessed with Disney planning. O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D. If there was a support group for over-planners, I would be it's charter member. This year, I finally decided to channel my energy into something productive and began my own Etsy shop chock full of Disney planning worksheets (and soon autograph books!) and a blog about trip planning. My dream job would be to work for Dreams Unlimited as a travel agent. If only money were no object. If only...

Anyway, this PTR is not about my business, its about ME and all the awesome trip happenings I will be partaking in during 2017. 2016 was quite a travel year for me, but sadly did not include any Disney-related trips. I managed to get to Alaska (which was my 50th state to visit), Las Vegas for the very first time, Arizona, Charlotte and Palm Springs. While I enjoyed and was amazed by all the places I went to, it is time to head back to the most Magical place on earth!

This trip will be a first for many reasons. It is my FIRST solo trip to Disney World and also my FIRST trip planned on 'short notice'. Now, I consider anything less than a year to be short notice, but this trip is less than 3 months away! There will be a second trip to Disney this year, but you will have to stay tuned for those details!

I'm in my late twenties and currently work in sales and operations for a large health insurance provider. I've been with my company for almost eight years now. It's a great company to work for with a lot of potential for additional growth. And it also provides a stable income so I can pursue my other passions, like Disney and blogging.

I'm a lover of all things cupcakes, margaritas (especially of the La Cava persuasion), food in general, Disney movie theme nights and anything to do with the 'history' of Disney World or Walt Disney himself. I hope you'll join along with me as I figure out all of the details of my first ever solo adventure!

Now that you know a little bit about who I am, let’s discuss the W’s of this trip, shall we? I apologize in advance, this is a word heavy and picture light update.

We’ve already covered the who of this trip, and that would just be me, myself and I. Because we need at least SOME photography to go with this post, he’s another picture of my charming face, whilst ‘Drinking Around the World’ on my last trip. Please, disregard the “humidity hair”. It as a long, long, very, very hot day. In completely unrelated news, the Magner’s Pear in the UK Pavilion is ultra-refreshing.

CC8C7186-6086-47D1-A0BA-4EF33BBC9ED6-377-0000002DFCBFFC3E_zps45428177.jpg

When: March 3rd thru the 8th.

Where: Pop Century (Oh look! Another Photo!)

Pop%20Century_zpsgqn8jnku.jpg

Due to the fact that I am booking rather last minute, I do not have the luxury of booking with a discount. This firmly goes against everything I believe in, Disney or otherwise. Oddly enough, on my last trip, which was a fabulous girls-only trip, we stayed at Art of Animation and also chose to forego a discount in favor of being able to stay in the Little Mermaid rooms. Alas, I’d rather be going versus not going, so no discount will there be.

Pop Century is very nostalgic for me, not just because, duh, nostalgia is what the resort is all about, but because it was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at. I chose Pop for a few reasons, nostalgia not being among them.

1 – It has it’s own bus line.
2 – The proximity to Art of Animation means I will be able to indulge in food from Landscape of Flavors, which I think is one of the best counter service restaurants on property, resort or otherwise.
3 – As much as I loved Art of Animation, its theming, etc. for this trip, it was not worth the additional price. If I were going with someone else, it would have been my go to choice, without a doubt.

Why:
This of course, requires us to believe that one needs an actual reason to be going to Disney. It has been a few years since I have been able to go to Disney, because sometimes real life and work gets in the way of Disney things. Of the past three years, I have spent 20 months on the road, traveling for my company. That hasn’t left much time for anything Disney-related. This year I’ll be turning 30 and I decided it was time to re-prioritize what was really important to me in life. As I previously mentioned, this year I decided to re-focus some of my energy on starting a Disney blog and my Etsy shop. It’s simply because this is something I truly enjoy doing and it brings joy to my life. Of course, I hope both are successful, but it really is about doing something I am passionate about. Life is short, and I have had too many reminders of it over the last few years. I’ve finally taken the hint. #YOLO. (I promise, that will be the one and only time that is used in this PTR. PROMISE!)

My goal for this trip was to get some great pictures I could use for my blog, experience what is new since my last trip (which is a LOT) and enjoy some new restaurants.

Due to the fact I plan on spending a majority of my time taking pictures, exploring and ‘researching’, this trip was best-suited as a solo trip. That way I can accomplish what I want to, without fear that I am spoiling anyone’s ‘fun’. This will be quite a change of pace for me. While I’m well versed in traveling along for business trips, I have never taken a ‘solo’ trip for fun in my life! I don’t even like going to restaurants alone! When I travel for work, I opt to stay at hotels with kitchenettes and cook myself. It will be an interesting departure to say the least.

How:
Not technically a W, but important nonetheless. I will be flying. I haven’t booked airfare yet, but it will be Delta, because Delta and I are married to each other. What I haven’t decided is if I’m going to pay outright for the flight (already super expensive) or if I will use miles. Using miles is a gamble, because I will need to wait until I come back from a work trip in January before I have exactly enough to book the ticket. By that point, the times available may be a bummer. Whatever I am going to do, I better decide quick, right?!

Dining:
Also, not a W, but relevant to this post. Every other trip I’ve taken, I have booked the Deluxe Dining Plan. It works for us. I like an appetizer with my meals, and I prefer table service to counter service. Fine dining is part of the vacation ‘experience’ for me so in the past, the Deluxe plan has always suited my needs best. This time around, I am going with the normal Dining Plan. I was persuaded for three reasons:

1 – It’s a short trip, and I don’t want to waste it all eating. And as previously mentioned, I don’t like dining alone.
2 – The addition of the 2nd snack credit in 2017 makes this plan a much better value than it used to be, in my opinion.
3 – I think counter service options have advanced, while I think there is certainly opportunity to do much better. I would like to give them a try (and then write about it!)

And lastly, tickets. This is another BIG first for me. This year I turn (30) and will be planning a girls trip to the Food & Wine Festival so I can drink away my sorr…err…celebrate such a milestone in my life. I have also never been able to go to Disney during the holidays, so that , too will be happening this year. This leads to only one conclusion. An ANNUAL pass baby!! I plan to book my package using the standard ticket option and upgrading once I am onsite.

Up next: My ADR dilemma!

OK, fine. I will admit it. One of the first things I asked myself when I was considering this trip was the food. Having NEVER planned a trip with less than a year of lead time, going in with less than 90 days MUST mean that I will have to STARVE to death while I’m there? Right? To me, dining has always been just as much a part of the experience as the rides and entertainment. Knowing I was going to have to give up some of my mainstays was a little bittersweet, but after a cursory search, I came to the conclusion that there was enough good stuff out there to make it worth my while. Now that my ADRs are actually booked, I’m pleasantly surprised with what was available so close to my trip and hopeful that as I get closer, I might find additional availability!

So, without further delay, I present, my dining plans.

Arrival Day:
Breakfast: Airport Food
Lunch (Depending on Arrival time): Quick Service at Disney Springs (Location to be determined)
Dinner: Art Smith’s Homecoming – 7:20 PM (New Restaurant for me!)
Snack: SPRINKLES!!!! My very first time going at Disney.

Day 1:
Breakfast: Everything POP!
Lunch: Yak & Yeti (Dining Plan) – 12:15 PM
Dinner: Sanaa (Out of Pocket) – 8:00 PM

Day 2:
Breakfast: Boardwalk Bakery
Brunch: California Grill – Brunch at the Top (Dining Plan) – 10:40 AM (New experience for me!)
Dinner: Hollywood Brown Derby (Out of Pocket) – 6:05 PM

Day 3:
Breakfast: Landscape of Flavors
Lunch: Kona Café (Dining Plan) - 1:55 PM
Dinner: Tortuga Tavern (Quick Service Dining Plan) - I am hoping that something opens up at ‘Ohana, which I realize is a complete longshot, but a girl can dream!

Day 4:
Breakfast: Everything POP!
Lunch: Flower and Garden Snacks
Dinner: Flower and Garden Snacks

Day 5:
Breakfast: Landscape of Flavors
Lunch: Quick Service at Downtown Disney
Snacks: Cupcakes from Sprinkles if I have any credits left!

Overall, I think I did pretty well. The only ADR I wanted that I was not able to secure is something at ‘Ohana. It was also hard to pass up making any Table Service ADRs for Epcot. I had considered Le Cellier because it has been a few trips since I have dined there, but I had to choose between there and brunch at Cali Grill. Naturally, I chose the brunch!

Looking forward to seeing your adventure. Why are you waiting to upgrade your pass in the park? Any benefit to doing that?

Looking forward to seeing your adventure. Why are you waiting to upgrade your pass in the park? Any benefit to doing that?

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by.

You know, I guess I never really thought about pre-purchasing in advance. Now you've got me thinking...I wonder how close to your trip you can book with an AP discount? I guess I will need to look into it!

Last edited:
I hope all of you had a beautiful holiday with friends and family.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend time with my entire extended family over the long weekend and excited to be able to sleep in today.

I apparently was much better behaved than I thought I was, because Santa left me this little beauty, which I absolutely cannot wait to try out on my upcoming trip! This camera is my very first DSLR. There are so many functions and gizmos that I'm not sure I will ever be able to figure them out, but I sure can't wait to test them all out!

F006723E-0E3E-496D-BF1C-D22BB435E1F0_zpsidwd4lvq.jpg

What Disney-related goodies did Santa bring for you?

Hi there, following along! Our trip is similar! We're also staying at Pop, on the first week of March. Our trip is also planned on short notice, and yep, by short notice I mean less than a year, LOL.

Congrats on your AP and your first DSLR! I love taking pictures and always lug my DSLR wherever I go. You'll have fun with it. Having a "proper" camera always makes a trip more satisfying, especially when you're traveling solo. After a while, can strain the neck and shoulder though, so do invest on comfortable strap and/or camera bag. Have fun!

Hi there, following along! Our trip is similar! We're also staying at Pop, on the first week of March. Our trip is also planned on short notice, and yep, by short notice I mean less than a year, LOL.

Congrats on your AP and your first DSLR! I love taking pictures and always lug my DSLR wherever I go. You'll have fun with it. Having a "proper" camera always makes a trip more satisfying, especially when you're traveling solo. After a while, can strain the neck and shoulder though, so do invest on comfortable strap and/or camera bag. Have fun!

Hi there! Thanks for stopping bye, I really appreciate it! I'm still in the stage where I'm afraid to even pick the camera up, its so nice! I did get a good camera bag for the trip. Will be an interesting change since I normally try to go bag-less when I tour.

Drum rollllllllllll please!

Well, it's official. I. AM. BOOKED!! Uh, I'm just so excited!

Due to substantially lower airfare, I have had a change of dates and am now traveling March 2nd thru the 7th. Along with a change of dates came some different ADR options, which I'll cover in the next few posts.

My travel agent was able to secure me a fairly decent discount and I was able to get my 5th ticket day Free as a result.

Also shiny and new for this trip is that I will NOT be schlepping hours away to the airport and will be departing from my home airport, a luxurious 15 minute drive away. While airfare is substantially cheaper if I was willing to drive two or three hours, there is then the added cost of having to overnight in a hotel, parking and my general fear of having to drive in a snowstorm (by MYSELF) to consider. In the end, the additional money I have to pay for peace of mind wasn't that significant when factoring cost of hotel, gas and parking.

I was able to secure a nice and early flight, departing my home airport at 6:30 AM. I arrive in Detroit at 8:45 (with a one hour time change) and will have about an hour before my connecting flight starts to board. This is the perfect amount of time in Detroit, in my humble opinion. After that, it's on to Orlando where touchdown time is expected to be approximately 1:25 PM.

Stay tuned for my Day 1 Plans...

Hello! Following along both here and on the blog :)

Our trip is coming up in February and I know I'll be in major post-Disney depression mode when we get back so going to "visit" again through you! haha

Following along as well. Your plans sound exciting. I was able to take a solo trip a couple of years ago. I too started planning that trip with less than a year to plan and stayed for 4 days. I wished I had that camera when I went. It looks amazing. I hope that I will be able to afford one before our trip in August (maybe a early birthday present). I have been wanting one for a long time and would love to take some great shots at Disney. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Hello! Following along both here and on the blog :)

Our trip is coming up in February and I know I'll be in major post-Disney depression mode when we get back so going to "visit" again through you! haha

So happy you're following both! I just added a new post last night about decided when to go to Disney! Post Disney depression is THE WORST! Trip Report reading (and writing!) helps so much!

Following along as well. Your plans sound exciting. I was able to take a solo trip a couple of years ago. I too started planning that trip with less than a year to plan and stayed for 4 days. I wished I had that camera when I went. It looks amazing. I hope that I will be able to afford one before our trip in August (maybe a early birthday present). I have been wanting one for a long time and would love to take some great shots at Disney. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

This is so foreign to me to be planning so late! I even missed my FastPass+ day because it fell on New Year's Eve and I just honestly forgot about it. Thankfully, I was able to get everything I wanted. I was even surprised at how many ADRs I was able to grab. Ohana continues to be a giant pain in the neck, and I can find plenty of tables for two, but none for one. I might end up just eating the no-show fee if they charge one so I can go.

For the DSLR, I recommend trying a local camera shop. We actually went to a well-known one here fully expecting to find what I wanted there, but to buy it at a big-box retailer for a lower price. They actually were offering the camera + a 2 lens kit and camera bag for about $200 less than Best Buy was selling just the camera. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Day 1/Travel Day Plans

As I already have mentioned, this will be my first Disney trip that doesn't start with a "Day Zero" which includes driving to Milwaukee or Chicago and overnighting in order to secure better and cheaper airfare. While I've actually always enjoyed Day Zeros and the excitement and anticipation of the next morning, I'm quite excited to be able to sleep in my own bed for one additional night.

My wake up time will be about 4 AM and departure time for the airport approximately 5:30 AM. Yes, you read that correctly. Flying out of a small regional airport offers the benefit of being able to show up 45 minutes before your flight and not only have time to check bags and make your way through security, but still have time to stop off for a bathroom break, a delicious cheese snack and cup of coffee before it's time to board. I am a frequent work traveler, and have invested in TSA Pre-Check. Totally. Worthless. for my home airport, but will be nice to have I think on the return trip.

Speaking of frequent traveling, the flight to Orlando is SO full already, even as a Gold Medallion with Delta, I can't get into the exit row. I don't know this has EVER happened! #Spoiled I guess? I'll be making my way to the way back-o-the bus on both flights. I'll just have to cross my fingers for a last minute upgrade and in the meantime will thank my lucky stars I'm tiny and can cram into a little seat if necessary.

Once I land in Detroit, my plan is to stake out Einstein Bros. bagels. I'm OBSESSED and we don't have one at home. If I had more time, I'd be hitting up Longhorn Steakhouse because their breakfast burrito is to. die. for. P.S., if you ever need dining recommendations in any of Delta's hubs, I've got you've covered. I am all too familiar with the offerings in Minneapolis, Atlanta and Detroit.

My layover is an hour here before my flight will board, which I think is perfect. It's not so short that I'll be panicking about time and isn't so long that I will be bored.

Then, it's wheels up to Florida sunshine baby! I'm scheduled to arrive about 1:30 and I will be taking the Magical Express to the resort. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I will do a rental car. Last trip was the first time we used one, and I swore I would never go back. But, it's sort of a pain to deal with the Car Care Center and I have BIG plans for the night. My current mood is #Yes I'm doing the car rental, mainly because I have free rental days that I'm using with National. I don't find it to be a tremendous time saver, however, I found it worth it because I find I turn into a complete child while waiting for a bus at the end of a long day in the parks. "But whhyyyyyy are buses coming for all the other resorts and not MINE." We've all been there, right? I'd rather walk farther to the car and actually be DOING something versus just waiting around all day.

I could give up the Magical Express and pick my rental up at the airport, but won't, because I'm still a child, and don't like change and its tradition to take the ME, annnnnd people in Florida are CRAZY drivers. I'd rather not have to mess with the highway and navigate somewhere that I'm not familiar with when I'm by myself. So, for now, my plan is to ME to POP. I have already completed online check-in, so I will drop my carry-on off, and then shuttle (if it's available right away) or Uber over to the Car Care Center.

Once I pick up my rental, it's off to my first destination of the trip: Disney Springs. I'm BEYOND excited to check it out because the last time we were in Disney, construction was still VERY much ongoing and it was hard to 'get' what the vision truly was.

I think time will be exceptionally tight, and I have an ADR at a brand new restaurant for me: Art Smith's Homecoming. Currently, the only time that's available for a party of 1 is 4:35 PM. This should hopefully be enough time! I'm a North Carolina native, so I'm really looking forward to this meal! Art had me at Pimento Cheese (Yes, a proper noun).

I will have a little time after dinner to either explore around Disney Springs (You better believe I'll be hitting up Sprinkles for some cupcakes!!) or get settled in back at the resort.

Usually, I try and save the experience I am most looking forward to for the end of my trip. But on this trip, it's happening the first night. My change of dates offered me the opportunity to partake in what has been billed as a truly one-of-a-kind experience, and while I think the price tag is steep, I think it's a priceless experience and will be the closest I ever get to being the 'only' person in the park! That's right folks - Disney After Hours. It's happening! The event is 9PM to Midnight the night I will be there. To say I'm over the moon, beyond excited, all those clichés, well, they're all understatements. I do hope it's lived up to the hype I've built up in my own mind!

After this experience, it is STRAIGHT back to the hotel because the fun/party doesn't stop just because I've had a late night!

That is a good idea. I work at Walmart so I can get one with my discount.

I usually fly out of Chicago but have looked at Milwaukee from time to time. Luckily I live about an hour from both so I just get up early and head to the airport.

On the trip I took with my now 14 year old son MK was open until 12 that night with extra hours. We tried to stay up but ended up heading back to the resort at about 11 because we were so tired from getting up early that day. Since we didn't get there until about 2 the crowd wasn't that bad.

That is a good idea. I work at Walmart so I can get one with my discount.

I usually fly out of Chicago but have looked at Milwaukee from time to time. Luckily I live about an hour from both so I just get up early and head to the airport.

On the trip I took with my now 14 year old son MK was open until 12 that night with extra hours. We tried to stay up but ended up heading back to the resort at about 11 because we were so tired from getting up early that day. Since we didn't get there until about 2 the crowd wasn't that bad.

It will be a long day for sure. Thankfully, I was planning on spending my next day at Magic Kingdom as well, so I will get there for morning EMH and then probably head back for a nap in the afternoon.

Day 1/Travel Day Plans - Revised

I know what ya'll are thinking...

Even though I just told you about my Day 1 plans...they've already changed. I know...I know.

The more I kept thinking about it though, the more I think it will just be too tight a fit to make it to the resort, make it to the car care center and make it to Disney Springs for a 4:30 reservation.

PLUS I realized that I had one restaurant I have been DYING to check out and tonight was really the only reasonable time to fit it in.

So the new plans are to arrive at the resort, check in and grab a light lunch/snack. I will then shuttle or Uber over to the car care center to pick up my rental car and then head off to my (new) first official destination of the trip...

Polynesian%20Village_zps48oqfin5.jpg

(At least, this is how pretty I imagine it in my head.) I'm still crossing my fingers that something at Ohana opens up for my trip. But so far it is not meant to be.

Buuuuut...that does leave opportunity for me to try out a restaurant that wasn't even built for our last trip, which was a huge bummer for us!

Trader%20Sams%20Grog%20Grotto_zpsr4jul3xz.jpg

I think this will be the perfect way to fuel up before I Disney the night away.

After enjoying a relaxing snack/meal, my next plan of attack will depend on what time it is.

With the Disney After Hours Event, I can start checking into the park at 7:00 PM.

If I have time, I want to check out the monorail resorts and get some pictures. This will likely be the only opportunity I get to do this.

Then it is off to the park for the event.

I'm not really sure what to expect, but my goal is to just ride as many rides as possible and take as many pictures as I can. I might even just sit and enjoy the fact that I'm in the MAGIC KINGDOM with only a few hundred other people! I will soak up every ounce of it until it's last call, at 12 AM. Then I will need to head off to Pop and get a good night's rest.

Day 2 Plans - Part 1

Even with a late night at Magic Kingdom...there is no time for slowing down. The plan for this morning is to make it to rope drop for my first. ever. EMH Morning. That's right folks, I, Jessica Rose, have never taken advantage of Extra Magic Hours before. Never ever. My previous trips were always 7+ days, so it never felt necessary to. With a short trip this time around, I want to maximize my park hours, so extra magic hours it shall be!

My plan for the morning is to walk (or drive more likely) to Art of Animation to check out breakfast at Landscape of Flavors. Despite staying there on my last trip, we did not take advantage of Landscape for breakfast. Which, was likely a mistake.

I hope to be in my car, bound for...

untitled_zps5sus8cjz.png

by no later than 7:15. Yes, I know. I just spent all night there...but, it's just tradition to spend my first full park day here. And with Extra Magic hours, it works out perfectly. I will, however, be taking a different approach on touring the Magic Kingdom than I have in the past.

My first stop of the day is...

7Dwarves_zps5zxdldzi.jpg

This opened just a few weeks after my last trip. I'll have plenty of opportunity to ride it on my first night, but I believe it is somewhat outdoors, so will be a different experience during the daytime. Am I correct?

After Seven Dwarfs, it's time to head over to a ride in honor of my all time favorite Disney movie...

UndertheSea_zpsoipyouec.jpg

I have only ever been able to ride one time previously, so I'm excited to be able to check this one out again!

Depending on wait times, I may head on over and check out Peter Pan's flight.

Up next will be Mickey's Philharmagic, one of the most under rated experiences in Fantasyland in my humble opinion. Another under rated attraction is Hall of Presidents. Sadly, unavailable to me on this trip due to the refurbishment.

After Philharmagic, my plan is to head over to the Haunted Mansion. I'm hoping to be able to catch a new show since my last trip:

Muppets_zpsu0qtd9o9.png

I've been trying really hard not to read reviews or see any pictures of this so that it truly is a new experience to me. I'm looking forward to this one!

Then it's off to lunch at:
BeOurGuest_zpswz5g3b0g.png

This will be my second lunch here. The first time was rather disappointing in terms of food, so I'm hoping this will be an improvement. Unfortunately for me, booking on such short notice means that a castle dinner here was out of the question. There is always next trip though! I was able to reserve a quick service time slot for 11:35, which I was a little surprised by. I suppose for some people that is too early for lunch, but for me it will be just perfect!

After lunch, it's time to head over to the left side of the park, which is where I usually START my park days. Is that a left handed thing do you think?

Well, there you have my plans for the first half of Day 2. What do you think? Too ambitious?

Up Next: The rest of Day 2 Plans - including my FastPass+ reservations and a dinner ADR at a brand new location (to me!)

Day 2 Plans - Part 2

While I am pretty sad I haven't been able to update in awhile, I'm also a touch happy. SO many changes since my last post to my plans, that it was best to just write a delayed post instead of having to rewrite the same one three or four times, right? My little shop took off a bit when I added in handmade autograph books, so that kept me more than occupied. I've been slacking on blogging too.

So, when I last left off, I was planning for lunch at Be Our Guest. I have an 11:35 ADR for quick service and I recently took advantage of their pre-order option. This was being tested during my last trip, so I am excited to see how it works. I was able to select a roast beef sandwich (customized with no tomato), a drink and of course, dessert (no longer included with quick service dining credits, but I will happily burn a snack credit on it).

I'm planning for 1 hour for lunch, which I think is more than generous.

At 12:40, I have my first FastPass+ reservation of the trip here:

SplashMountain_zpsin8o3tyx.jpg

Since I normally start on the left-hand side of the park, this will be a nice departure for me. We usually ride Splash Mountain in the early-morning hours when it's still fairly chilly out.

I'll be skipping BTMRR, because personally, I hate the ride. I get whipped around all over the place like a rag doll on it. Not fun. Not fun at all.

After Splash, I'll have some time to grab my all time favorite Disney snack:

Dole-Whip-Float_zpsc7v7scgy.jpg

The Dole Whip Float! Now, if only they could come up with a way to package this so that you don't get Dole Whip drippys all over your hands and wind up sticky. Sticky hands or not, the Dole Whip Float shall happen!

@2:10 its time for FastPass+ number 2 - which is the ride that is normally the very first ride I go for in the park each trip -

JungleCruise_zpsa5efvwsl.jpg

I just totally "get" the sense of humor here and really enjoy it. Can't wait to try this attraction later in the afternoon versus immediately at rope drop.

After the Jungle Cruise, it is another Disney 'first' for me......

FestivalofFantasy_zpsvqmgos6b.png

This parade debuted just before my last trip, and unfortunately just did not work out with our plans for us to attend. The parade starts at 3:00, so I plan to head over and stake out a spot as soon as I'm done with the Jungle Cruise. I hope to grab a spot along Main Street, preferably near the train station. Does anyone have any alternate parade viewing locations they would recommend?

After the parade, I will have a little time to kill, which I plan to spend doing what else? S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G!!

Then it's time to head back over to...

Adventureland_zpsn1ckiv6t.jpg

Where I have my final FastPass+ reservation for the day -

Pirates_zpsydqdxfjb.png

I don't have much else planned at Magic Kingdom for the day, other than to hit any of things I had planned with a very busy/jam-packed morning.

I may take the opportunity to head back to the resort for some zzzz's since I'm sure I'll be super tired.

I was supposed to have an early dinner reservation at a brand new restaurant for me:

SkipperCanteen_zpsywb8lnra.jpg

To be honest, the menu didn't really wow me, but the location is unique and since Jungle Cruise is in my top 5 Magic Kingdom attractions, I thought it would be cool to try out.

However...
After literally weeks of stalking, I was finally able to hijack a reservation at:

Ohana_zpsftt8kzlp.png

I know not everyone loves this place as I do, but on my last trip, we were there for TEN nights with the Deluxe dining plan and had the most memorable meal of our trip at Ohana, thanks to our servers Lori and Cliff, who had both worked at Disney for over 20 years. I still remember both their names even though it has been almost three years!

At the time of my last trip, I was a pescetarian (I didn't eat meat but fish and shellfish were fine). The meals they have here were SO amazing for us that I plan on asking for the veggie friendly option + shrimp on this trip as well, even though I've converted back to eating meat.

My reservation time is 9:35 (I know, but it's HAPPENING folks!) so my plan is to watch...

Wishes_zpsjesadjqj.png

Wishes from the Poly Beach at 9:00 PM and then head in for my ADR. With a new nighttime spectacular announced by Disney today, this will be my fond farewell viewing of Wishes.

With that my friends, we are at the end of Day 2!

What do you think? Did I miss any of your 'Must Do' attractions in my touring plans?

Following along! I will be there right after you!
I'm still trying to get into O'Hana too although I haven't been looking as much as I should, you've convinced me to keep trying.
Props to you for going solo!! I don't think I could do it but I'll live vicariously through you!
Your plans so far look great, I'm looking forward to reading the rest, and taking notes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter