2016 SSR Christmas Tree Exchange

dcfromva

No horsing around, Christmas is coming!
***SIGNUPS HAVE ENDED FOR 2016. THANK YOU.***

It's time to start planning the 2016 Christmas Tree share for SSR!

I will be providing a tree and decorations and coordinating the exchange. If you would like to join in the fun, post your requested dates here on the board. Then, follow it up with a private message to me with your real name, your requested dates, your email address and a cell phone number. Also, I realize we are planning quite a long time in advance. If your plans change and you need to drop out, let me know so I can keep the list current. :santa:

I will post your dates with your board name here on a list.

Cruisin spartan Nov 26-30
Delilah Bleu Dec 1-8
Lauch dec17-23
Redsox Dec 24-Dec 30
Toniann966 Dec 30- Jan 3
that's nice Jan 4-8 (or9)

How it works:
I will deliver a box with the tree, decorations, tape and extension cord to SSR addressed to the first family.
There will be a list of the other families that will be taped to the box for the benefit of bell services for the subsequent families on the list. You cross your name off and return it to bell services. (Also, bell services will give you a claim number--either take a picture of the claim number and send it to me or text the number so I can pass it along to the next family to claim the tree).
Update: The tree will go to Toniann966 after the exchange is over.

Last edited:
How does this Christmas Tree Exchange thing work? We haven't taken a Disney trip in December in over 10 years, but this year we check into SSR on the 18th. I'm intrigued...

How does this Christmas Tree Exchange thing work? We haven't taken a Disney trip in December in over 10 years, but this year we check into SSR on the 18th. I'm intrigued...
Would you like to sign up? :santa:

SSR2.jpg
This is a picture of one of the small trees in the SSR lobby from 2015.

Less than 4 months before Christmas!

The last time I did this We were at AK, and the prior family had to bring an ornament for the next family and so on... Does this work the same way. Also I would like to sign up We will be there December 11-16.

The last time I did this We were at AK, and the prior family had to bring an ornament for the next family and so on... Does this work the same way. Also I would like to sign up We will be there December 11-16.
BrianHeather,
I have added you to the list! :santa:
This year I plan to design a horse and rose themed tree and bring it down with me at Thanksgiving and hand deliver it to bell services at SSR resort to save on shipping. At the end of the exchange, I was hoping that someone would want to keep the tree and take it home (although, I know this might be a long shot-- it might still have to be shipped). Would you also like to do an ornament exchange or would you prefer to keep anything extra optional on the part of the families?

Rats.... We will be coming down in Early Nov......I know MK has MMVMCP at this time, but I'm guessing it's way too early for the tree XChange..Right?

Rats.... We will be coming down in Early Nov......I know MK has MMVMCP at this time, but I'm guessing it's way too early for the tree XChange..Right?

I would love to share the Christmas tree with you, but I don't think I will have it done by early November.

Hi We will be at SSR on December 30- January 3. We would love to join!
Thank you so much for sponsoring a tree!!

We will be at the SSR Treehouse Villa's Dec 24 - 31st. Let me know if we can participate. Thanks :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!