2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOSH I GOT ONE TOO! I'm hoping this will resolve my earlier issue with the Poly reservation disappearing! It won't work when I put in my last name and zip code, though. I'm going to call on my lunch break and hopefully will have good news!!!

OH MY GOSH I GOT ONE TOO! I'm hoping this will resolve my earlier issue with the Poly reservation disappearing! It won't work when I put in my last name and zip code, though. I'm going to call on my lunch break and hopefully will have good news!!!
I had to put in my maiden name to get it to work, even though my new name is updated in the system. Just thought I would throw that out there. Try using an old name or zip.

Omg y'all are so sweet! Yes my girls are 6, 6 and 7 right now. Guess I should update my signature. I'm usually on my phone and don't even see it! They'll be 6, 7 and 8 for our trip. Right now we are booked at POR with the DP for 9/30-10/9 for $5,579 (no ph and old ticket prices) we are pretty much open to any option that saves us money. POR has been the cheapest option but CBR is there too. Most changes to value don't help because of the DP upgrade costs. But we would do 2 standard value rooms if it saved a lot and pray to the Disney gods for rooms near each other lol

I just got done looking again and got excited bc more things are available... But they're all deluxe. We could definitely book a shorter on site stay and then slum it off site for the end of our trip. Oh also we are only getting a 7 day ticket bc we won't be doing the parks on arrival or departure day or on mnsshp day.

Seriously, y'all are so sweet! I plan on staying up late Thursday night looking and my TA will be up with me, so fingers crossed!
I know they have POR rooms available bc I've looked for normal priced rooms. Even doing a preferred room would save us about $1,000 which would pay for us to fix our a/c in our house AND car that decided not to come back on after their winter vacation :headache:

Hmm, just how willing are you to "slum it?"

If you are willing to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, you could get a really nice room and still be on property. Heck, you'd be next door to CBR. They have a complimentary shuttle to the parks and beautiful amenities.

High end:
7day PH x5 = $2135
WBC Executive Family 2-Queen +Bunks for 9/30-10/9 = $1992 after taxes and fees
Leaves you $1452 to spend on food and match your current deal ($5579)

Low end:
7day base tickets x5 = $1790
WBC Deluxe Double Queen for 9/30-10/9 = $1612 after taxes and fees
Leaves you $2177 to spend on food and match your current deal (or spend less to help pay for that stupid a/c and car >:()

I know you want to stay at a Disney resort and I think staying up on Thursday is a good idea, but if the room you need doesn't come available this is a really nice backup plan IMO.

Does anyone know if the UOC has a minimum number of nights that you have to book? Also if POR is included and what the discount is for POR? I've had to vicariously live through you all because my family wants POR in November!

Does anyone know if the UOC has a minimum number of nights that you have to book? Also if POR is included and what the discount is for POR? I've had to vicariously live through you all because my family wants POR in November!
It does include POR but I can't find the minimum nights. It says "Length-of-stay requirements may apply" but I can't find what those are. It will let me take a 1-night stay with the discount to the cart.

Lol seriously, $900 vs $365. Though I had some trouble getting the phone rep to age up my son to 10. It won't let me do it online so I guess I'll call back some other time and get that fixed.
What do you mean "age up"? Is that so he can order from adult menu at Table Service meals? This would be awesome if it's possible. I have DD(8) so I will do this if it works.

Looks like POR is 20%. The only thing I can find regarding minimum nights is this "Length of stay requirements may apply"

It does include POR but I can't find the minimum nights. It says "Length-of-stay requirements may apply" but I can't find what those are. It will let me take a 1-night stay with the discount to the cart.
Oh thanks so much! Does it say what the discount is? I am thinking probably 20%. I got 3 codes for the summer, so I probably won't get 1 when I need it for the fall, LOL!

Bummer! No UOC for me...obviously FD would save us more, but my compulsiveness still requires me to check availability and then giggle silently in my head to the website singing "Royal room unavailable for those dates? No worries, already got one, AND I got FD!!" Yeah, I think I might have a problem....

the UoC puts my FD plan at CBR in the pirate room at the same rate at CS paying for the dining plan (actually CS is $7 cheaper). Deciding what to do now - bc my parents don't have a UoC and I need to help them switch over while there is still a king bed available at CS with the FD

the UoC puts my FD plan at CBR in the pirate room at the same rate at CS paying for the dining plan (actually CS is $7 cheaper). Deciding what to do now - bc my parents don't have a UoC and I need to help them switch over while there is still a king bed available at CS with the FD
I have never stayed at CS, so I can't help you there. CBR is a beautiful and quiet resort that we LOVE, but the pirate rooms are really far from everything!

Hmm, just how willing are you to "slum it?"

If you are willing to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, you could get a really nice room and still be on property. Heck, you'd be next door to CBR. They have a complimentary shuttle to the parks and beautiful amenities.

High end:
7day PH x5 = $2135
WBC Executive Family 2-Queen +Bunks for 9/30-10/9 = $1992 after taxes and fees
Leaves you $1452 to spend on food and match your current deal ($5579)

Low end:
7day base tickets x5 = $1790
WBC Deluxe Double Queen for 9/30-10/9 = $1612 after taxes and fees
Leaves you $2177 to spend on food and match your current deal (or spend less to help pay for that stupid a/c and car >:()

I know you want to stay at a Disney resort and I think staying up on Thursday is a good idea, but if the room you need doesn't come available this is a really nice backup plan IMO.

Thanks! Ideally if we chuck our current booking it would be to save $500+ I've done the ddp calculator and with taking away a couple ts and cs and just doing what we really want it would still be $2300 oop so the ddp is saving us a lot of money. I had big plans for FD :( so if we have to stay off site I would have to readjust my dining plans a good bit to have it save us money. Having a kitchen would be helpful!
Oh and if we could do a split stay we could do all the restaurants we REALLY want and then slum it (more than that) in a hotel room with 2 Queens. My kids are little and can totally sleep in the same bed for a couple nights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter