2016 Destash - The more things you own, the more they own you

I have been working like crazy here, at my moms, and at a rental house. We took two van loads (I have four by 8 feet space with my seats out) out of my moms basement. Odds and ends that are hard to get rid of like a broken grill, and carpet that was replaced. I did two full Van loads of stuff from our house to Salvation Army. Lots of kitchen stuff, hundreds of books, and lots of clothes. I have done ten van loads to the dump and recycler from the rental and another couple to Salvation Army. In the next week I will be hauling appliances to the recycler and finishing Salvation Army donations from the rental. It feels good to accomplish this much!

Oh and something I am super proud of, I let go of a project. I bought used wicker furniture that was in worse condition than I realized. I tried to paint it and fix it, and it just didn't work. So I threw it out. I hate I wasted the money, but four pieces of bad condition furniture is out of the sunroom.

I havent been on here in so long.
Last week we got rid of 2 bags of clothes and today I called and booked a pick up for next sat. donation truck. The lady asked me how many bags I would have. I said probably 2 or 3. I hope its more. I already have 1 bag of stuff ready from ds2 room. He did all that himself. Now I will go over stuff with dh and hopefully we will have another 2 or 3 bags.

We are leaving for Disney on the 12th so it will be good to go through some of our clothes.

Also threw out our shredder as it was broken.
I asked the ds to please not give me useless junk/knick knacks for christmas. I defeats my whole purpose lol.

I will try to go through some of my books too.

3:20 am I went through my hall cabinet where I have kitchen stuff that doesn't fit in my kitchen cabinets. I got rid of stuff and made space for baking stuff whoohoo!
I got rid of
-an old coffee maker
-old mini plastic containers for single serve salad dressing
-old Disney popcorn plastic container
-broker container lid
-old mug
-1 sports mug
-I also moved some stuff to another cabinet

I found a brand new (tall or grande size)starbucks plastic cup with straw . I figure I'll give it to my DD with giftcard and it perfect size for her smoothies she makes

I also have one bag to donate of my DD's misc stuff and a few folders almost new and some new.

a few days ago I went through kitchen seasoning cabinet and tossed out expired stuff and found some old bags of candy. Things get shoved to the back of the cabinet and out of sight out of mind until I clear it all out.

Tomorrow night I will go through a few more area. I'll be off around Christmas time and I plan on going through my linen/bath/misc hallway closet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!