2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

I noticed that the website was not showing availability for us but they did let me add a day anyways. A week later I tried to remove and they would not let me remove it. Which was ok, we will just stay:rotfl: but I noticed they are much more likely to add than remove. I didn't think they would let me add the day, because it was not available to book as a new reservation online with those dates, but they did.

I also add a day to our trip too, but it's at the end, however, I will have to change the room, "water view" instead of "standard" because they said the standard room is not available for my stay. In the end, I paid about $500 more for that extra night :snooty: but it is kind of a wash since the plane ticket is cheaper if leaving a day later. I guess it depends on the CM, I noticed some are better at their job then some others.

I also add a day to our trip too, but it's at the end, however, I will have to change the room, "water view" instead of "standard" because they said the standard room is not available for my stay. In the end, I paid about $500 more for that extra night :snooty: but it is kind of a wash since the plane ticket is cheaper if leaving a day later. I guess it depends on the CM, I noticed some are better at their job then some others.
Just curious but, why didn't you just add one night separately from the free dining? Meaning keep your stay and then just add a one day reservation and pay for your food that day? That would have been a whole lot cheaper.

I think as long as your having to upgrade, or stay longer they find a way to make it work :rotfl2:

Just curious but, why didn't you just add one night separately from the free dining? Meaning keep your stay and then just add a one day reservation and pay for your food that day? That would have been a whole lot cheaper.
Agreed.

um... I don't know, I didn't though about that at the time and the CM didn't suggest it that way. I can't change it now since the water/pool is unavailable and now it's only preferred room.

If you've already booked the free dining can you change your travel dates after the July 10th deadline?

A friend has a trip booked October 3rd (day after FD ends) at the WL. Can she add an extra day prior to get the FD for her stay?

No
Ok thanks! Can she do a room only reservation for that added night or does it have to be with tickets etc to get the FD?
They all have to be together. It might be hard to find an entire stay under FD at this point.

I booked Dec one week after they released FD. It took me 2 weeks of stalking the site to get my whole stay covered. I could get Dec 20-26 or Dec 21-27 with FD, but not the whole stay. I originally booked Dec 20-26 with FD & a RO 26-27.

I checked back multiple times a day & jumped on it when I saw a FD room for Dec 20-27. Good luck!

No

They all have to be together. It might be hard to find an entire stay under FD at this point.

I booked Dec one week after they released FD. It took me 2 weeks of stalking the site to get my whole stay covered. I could get Dec 20-26 or Dec 21-27 with FD, but not the whole stay. I originally booked Dec 20-26 with FD & a RO 26-27.

I checked back multiple times a day & jumped on it when I saw a FD room for Dec 20-27. Good luck!
Ok that's good there's hope for her then. I'd just hate to see her miss FD over one day. Thanks I'll let her know and I'll help her stalk as well since my own trip is already planned!!

And...folks in here correct me if I'm wrong...but the resort she already has booked, with the type of room, also has to be available. Some room types are not open for the FD. Therein lies another problem.

And...folks in here correct me if I'm wrong...but the resort she already has booked, with the type of room, also has to be available. Some room types are not open for the FD. Therein lies another problem.
If she's willing to switch resorts and/or change room type to get FD, she can. And yes, some resorts and room types are not included or have a very limited number available for the promotion.

The main problem is what is available for arrivals on the last day of promotion availability, which I'm going to guess are the most popular. For fun I searched for a free dining trip with arrival on 10/2 and came up with a deluxe studio or villa at Saratoga Springs or Grand Floridian Club Level. Things will vary based on your search parameters, but availability is low for that time with this offer.

Hi All,

Totally new to the dining plan/staying onsite- I was just pricing Aug 31- Sept 8- Port Orleans, DDP with 9 day park hopper for 2 A, 1 x 11 year old- comes out at $3034- just wondering if this is a good price?
By staying onsite you can assume to save transportation (ie needing a rental car) and parking correct?

Hi All,

Totally new to the dining plan/staying onsite- I was just pricing Aug 31- Sept 8- Port Orleans, DDP with 9 day park hopper for 2 A, 1 x 11 year old- comes out at $3034- just wondering if this is a good price?
By staying onsite you can assume to save transportation (ie needing a rental car) and parking correct?

If you're talking about this year, I would jump on that if I were you. I'm suprised they even have Garden View rooms still available with the free dining promo....

And you are correct, if you plan to stay on site and use the Disney busses there is no need for a rental car or parking.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/06...ater-parks-blizzard-beach-and-typhoon-lagoon/

Of course this totally throws off my plans! I hoped they would keep the same schedule and blizzard beach would be open for our November trip. We were planning a WP and mini golf day. Not sure if I want to keep the WP package now. We were not a fan of the transportation to typhoon lagoon. And they don't have the mini golf next door like BB.

ETA: but I am confused because this schedule lists the opposite:
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/staticfiles/parkhours/wdwtravelagent_november.pdf

And the disney site is no help. When I look at the page for each WP, if I click on a date in nov, the site says 10-5 for hours for TL and no hours available for BB. BUT if you click on the attractions list, it has hours 10-5 for each BB attraction and closed for refurbishment for each TL attraction. (When looking at the same date.). o_O

Last edited:
http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/06...ater-parks-blizzard-beach-and-typhoon-lagoon/

Of course this totally throws off my plans! I hoped they would keep the same schedule and blizzard beach would be open for our November trip. We were planning a WP and mini golf day. Not sure if I want to keep the WP package now. We were not a fan of the transportation to typhoon lagoon. And they don't have the mini golf next door like BB.

ETA: but I am confused because this schedule lists the opposite:
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/staticfiles/parkhours/wdwtravelagent_november.pdf

And the disney site is no help. When I look at the page for each WP, if I click on a date in nov, the site says 10-5 for hours for TL and no hours available for BB. BUT if you click on the attractions list, it has hours 10-5 for each BB attraction and closed for refurbishment for each TL attraction. (When looking at the same date.). o_O
The TA calendar has not been updated since the change was made. You can see when the last update was done in the bottom left corner.

If she's willing to switch resorts and/or change room type to get FD, she can. And yes, some resorts and room types are not included or have a very limited number available for the promotion.

The main problem is what is available for arrivals on the last day of promotion availability, which I'm going to guess are the most popular. For fun I searched for a free dining trip with arrival on 10/2 and came up with a deluxe studio or villa at Saratoga Springs or Grand Floridian Club Level. Things will vary based on your search parameters, but availability is low for that time with this offer.
Yup....I tend to look and see too just out of curiosity....very busy fall this year!

If you're talking about this year, I would jump on that if I were you. I'm suprised they even have Garden View rooms still available with the free dining promo....

And you are correct, if you plan to stay on site and use the Disney busses there is no need for a rental car or parking.
Great price! Nothing compares to staying on site...it is just so easy. No needs, no worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter