2013 Free Dining Watch

I called at exactly 7 am and waited 72 minutes to speak to a cast member. We already had reservations for POR, but of course, they were out of free dining spots there. I had to book CSR instead, and my husband was not happy about that. Now, he is calling and trying to switch :/

Same thing here... booked at POR in April. On the phone for 90 minutes to add free dining to reservation only to be told no free dining left. Now we are booked at CSR... family extremely upset. Did they only have a handful rooms open for free dining?

After being on hold for more than a hour (that's even after trying to get through allllll morning), the agent told me their computers crashed and NO ONE has access, it'll be few hours before they can do ANYTHING! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Same thing here... booked at POR in April. On the phone for 90 minutes to add free dining to reservation only to be told no free dining left. Now we are booked at CSR... family extremely upset. Did they only have a handful rooms open for free dining?

Keep trying....people do cancel, especially when that 45 day mark hits & they have to pay. Good luck!!

My guess is that it was $250 more to stay at Boardwalk with FD than it is to stay at POR and purchase the dining plan.

Congrats on your deal! :goodvibes

Correct! I am really happy with this deal. There are 5 of us and I was a bit nervous about being cramped at POR. So, the savings we are receiving with free dining, put Boardwalk in our budget.

DH called this morning & was able to get FD at POR for the dates we wanted (5 nights beginning of Nov). I was so excited!!! Then I come on here just to check out the buzz & I noticed the offer is for minimum 6 nights...now I'm nervous. I tried calling but I can't get through. I'm at work so I can't stay on hold for very long. It may have to wait until late this afternoon. The offer shown on the board now says minimum 3 nights (which I think has been typical of past offers) but Disney site still shows min 6. DH assures me that the CM confirmed that we got FD but I want to call & confirm. Should I be nervous? Anyone else book for shorter than 6 nights?

I booked on line this morning for 5 nights around 7:30am! I paid in full due to the language..."All prices are in US dollars and subject to change until package is paid in full." Went back and tried it again and it would not let me...Maybe a glitch that was fixed but we're booked!!:banana:

WooHoo so happy! :banana: Systems are back up. I had a reservation for October that I needed to change to December. Was able to change my reservation from POR to CBR for Dec 14 to 20 with Free DDP. Total time on call 40 minutes. That doesn't include the 30 minutes prior to the call doing redial after redial. I also have reservations for 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare and a few other places I wanted all within the 5 to 7:30 hours for dinner.

Thanks to all the encouragers and sharers of wisdom here at the DIS. :worship: My family and I were able to save MUCH money :banana: and have upgraded to WL and CR in a split stay Oct30 - Nov 10. :dance3: Again, many earnest thanks for all the help. :flower3:

The CM we spoke to on the phone told us to keep trying each day, because they're releasing the offer in stages, so more FD places will become available...

Not sure if that's true or not?!

The CM we spoke to on the phone told us to keep trying each day, because they're releasing the offer in stages, so more FD places will become available...

Not sure if that's true or not?!

If so this will make so many people happy. That explains why FD can be available fo rmonths

OK, I have a question and it may not go on this board. If not, so sorry!

We are booked at POFQ and got royally screwed in this so-called "deal." Now it does say we could get room discount. My question is, should I call now and apply that 20% discount or wait, hold out and hope POFQ is added to the FD plan? Should I wait and hope rooms open at POR for free dining? What do the experts advise for us poor sots who chose POFQ or other non FD resorts? TIA.

Totally NOT happy today, Disney, thanks for that.

We are booked at POFQ and got royally screwed in this so-called "deal." Now it does say we could get room discount. My question is, should I call now and apply that 20% discount or wait, hold out and hope POFQ is added to the FD plan? Should I wait and hope rooms open at POR for free dining? What do the experts advise for us poor sots who chose POFQ or other non FD resorts? TIA.

Take anything you can get now, and keep checking for something better. Good luck! :goodvibes

wow i held on for over a hour and then i was notified the the system had crashed :confused3
thankfully i am not a quitter :surfweb:, i got through and was able to change our existing reservation from CSR to CBR, pirate room.
i was alil disappointed but the savings make up for it :love:

We had reservations at POFQ too, but couldn't pass up the FD offer. Tried to book POR but those rooms were gone by 7:30am. So we decided to book CSR. Just as long as we got the FD, I'm not going to be picky this trip. I will be calling frequently though to see if POR has any rooms open up. I would go ahead and book FD wherever you can get it.

WHEW! After holding my breath all day my TA finally emailed me back and said we are good to go. We already had our package booked for Nov. 15 - 24th at POP so we just needed to add the dining. Luckily we didn't have to make any changes. Now to pay off the last bit of our package. :cool1:

Bagheera23608 said:
We are booked at POFQ and got royally screwed in this so-called "deal."

I guess I don't understand how you think you got screwed by any means?

Stacy

WHEW! After holding my breath all day my TA finally emailed me back and said we are good to go. We already had our package booked for Nov. 15 - 24th at POP so we just needed to add the dining. Luckily we didn't have to make any changes. Now to pay off the last bit of our package. :cool1:

Seems like there will be a bunch of us there during this week. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I guess I don't understand how you think you got screwed by any means?

Stacy

It's how I feel. I'm far from the only one who feels this way and rightfully so. I'm sorry you don't understand. I guess if a ton of people were offered a great deal, but you were randomly excluded from it, you'd be fine with it, but I'm not OK with that.

If POFQ is the only resort you will consider.... don't count on it and take the room discount. Or if savings is more important, consider another resort. I/ was hoping for POR but only royal rooms were available and I didn't want that. So, I booked Coronado Springs with the free dining special. My next choice was Caribbean Beach. I'm saving a lot more with free dining at CSR compared to room discount at POR... no problem... CSR has some nice features and I'm sure I'll enjoy the stay.

When comparing prices.... it's always best to compare exact numbers. We stayed at the Polynesian one year with a near 40% discount which gave us more savings than free dining. Another year, we stayed at a value resort with free dining and paid to upgrade from QS to the regular dining plan. The room discount special would have saved very little. Generally, the more people you have in the room and lower cost of the room - free dining is better. If less people and expensive room (deluxe, villa, suite, etc.) - room discount is often better.

It's how I feel. I'm far from the only one who feels this way and rightfully so. I'm sorry you don't understand. I guess if a ton of people were offered a great deal, but you were randomly excluded from it, you'd be fine with it, but I'm not OK with that.

POFQ never gets discounts or if it does it's 5%. It so small and very popular so no need to offer a discount.

Disney is a business. Most resort businesses choose discounts based on capacity levels. For example, if the capacity level has reached the 80% mark 120 days out the resort will probably not offer a discount.

Most discount deals require compromise. You have a right to say no, but then you don't get the discount.

Everyone has a choice to compromise or not.

Personally, I would switch to get a good deal and free dining is a good deal.

I'm skipping Disney this year, but I'm glad to see the free dining is still around for the fall/winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!