**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

We've done many a tasting around the World Showcase with the trash can as our table. Nice video.

Looking forward to a review of the Bocuse dinner on Monday evening. Anyone?

The booths are out of some foods. As of yesteday, Greece was out of griddled cheese, and Belgium was out of the chocolate shells (we didn't go all the way around the World yesterday, so there might be other offerings that are out, too.

As we come to the close of yet another glorious Food & Wine Festival, I'd like to thank Catherine for starting and maintaining this thread. She does a great job every year of keeping us all informed. Thanks Catherine, you rock!!!!:thumbsup2

As we come to the close of yet another glorious Food & Wine Festival, I'd like to thank Catherine for starting and maintaining this thread. She does a great job every year of keeping us all informed. Thanks Catherine, you rock!!!!:thumbsup2

Yes.... Thank you again for taking care of us all...

I agree, thanks for all the hard work. As a first time visitor to F & W I found this thread priceless! :thumbsup2:cheer2:

On a 2nd note, I did purchase the cookbook and I am working my way through it. I can close my eyes and it is almost like I am there again!

Thanks for the rocks!

I'm reporting that Greece has run out of the griddled cheese (first time I've seen food run out) as of yesterday and they say there won't be any more. Hawaii ran out of Longboard beer. I don't know if that is permanent (for the last two Festival days).

and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy really rocks!

I'll be at the last Mixology tonight (bourbon).

Thanks for the rocks!

I'm reporting that Greece has run out of the griddled cheese (first time I've seen food run out) as of yesterday and they say there won't be any more. Hawaii ran out of Longboard beer. I don't know if that is permanent (for the last two Festival days).

and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy really rocks!

I'll be at the last Mixology tonight (bourbon).

Have a wonderful time...... Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is great, we always like to see them, they rock at the MD Seafood Festival also...

Quick post -- we attended the f&w for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it. The best BY FAR was the Coq al Vin in France. Incredible. The worst was the Belgian mussels. The mussels were cold and tiny, and the bread was jealous of day old bread. We both spit it out. Really awful. Ireland had two winners with the fisherman stew and the lava cake. :)

The Hubby and I had the best time. It was our 11yr anniversary and we couldn't have asked for a better weekend.... Great fun :)

-M

and it's finally over...I'm going to leave this up for a few days in case there are any wrapups, and then release it from "sticky" status.

For those who were looking for a review of the Bocuse dinner, here is one:

http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw11/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-best-of-bocuse-dinner.htm

I must admit to being a little disconcerted by the before and after photos (plates with sauce dregs really aren't that photogenic).

I also think the snapper with potatoes looks astonishingly similar to a dish I ordered off the regular Bistro menu on October 2.

Totally with you about the pics and I wish there had been a "during" shot of the soup (but right after the "before").

The official page is gone but wasn't there a guest chef for this dinner? I think redfish with potato scales is a classic Bocuse recipe so they probably had to include it, but you'd have thought they would dress it up a bit differently. The smoked salmon dish is also very close if not the same as the app on the Bistro menu.

In case anyone is interested, this was the menu for the 10/13 dinner:

California Grill: A Culinary Journey through Wine Country
--------------------------------
Reception: Wagyu beef tartare with whole grain mustard and truffle brioche
Spicy local pork empanadas with espelette aioli
Arancini di riso with manchego
Tataki seared toro tuna with sesame cracker and micro wasabi
Wine: Matanzas Creek Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma 2010
1st Course: Maine Lobster Duo - Classic Maine lobster bisque with aged sherry en croute accompanied by tempura lobster salad, crisp greens, seared organic mushrooms and saffron emulsion
Wine: Freemark Abbey Viognier, Napa 2010
2nd Course: Crispy glazed Berkshire pork belly with Spitzenburg apple and parsnip lacquer, toasted coriander grits
Wine: Hartford Court "Arrendell Vineyard" Pinot Noir, Russian River 2008
3rd Course: Local Seely's Ark Farms rabbit coq au vin with braised autumn aromatic vegetables
Wine 1: Freemark Abbey Merlot, Napa 2008
Wine 2: Matanzas Creek Merlot, Bennett Valley 2006
Heirloom apple granita with dried Northwest cherries and balsamic
Main: Cast iron seared venison back strap filet with horseradish-potato croquettes, red Kuri puree, olive oil confit heirloom beets, juniper-veal emulsion
Wine: La Jota "Heritage Release" Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain 2007
Cheese: A Study in Grass Fed Cow Selections
Wine: Cambria Viognier Late Harvest Tempusquet Vineyard, Santa Maria Valley 2010
Dessert: Valrhona chocolate souffle with chocolate caramel crunch and Madagascar vanilla creme anglaise
Wine: Dow's Vintage Port 1977
Friandises

I am missing it already and looking forward to next year.

I've had the same feeling since we boarded the plane out of MCO.

Last night, we made the "Fall Festive Sangria" from our 10/28 Cointreau mixology demonstration & it is delicious!!! I made a whole gallon for Thanksgiving & it's chilling in the fridge right now! :goodvibes If anyone is interested, here's the recipe converted into a gallon batch:

6 cups red wine (Bumby, our mixologist used Barefoot merlot, but I used the 1.5 L Yellow Tail cabernet sauvignon)
1.5 cups Cointreau liqueur (DH bought Triple Sec instead.)
1.5 cups agave nectar (I made a simple syrup instead, which Bumby suggested)
2 cups apple cider (I couldn't find cider at my grocery store, so I used "Simply Apple" juice)
2 cups cranberry cocktail juice
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Lemon-lime soda (The recipe doesn't have an amount & I didn't add any because I felt like it doesn't need it. A splash could prob be added before serving to make it bubbly)
Diced apples

Happy Thanksgiving Disboarders! Catherine, thank you for maintaining this thread!

I've had the same feeling since we boarded the plane out of MCO.

Last night, we made the "Fall Festive Sangria" from our 10/28 Cointreau mixology demonstration & it is delicious!!! I made a whole gallon for Thanksgiving & it's chilling in the fridge right now! :goodvibes If anyone is interested, here's the recipe converted into a gallon batch:

6 cups red wine (Bumby, our mixologist used Barefoot merlot, but I used the 1.5 L Yellow Tail cabernet sauvignon)
1.5 cups Cointreau liqueur (DH bought Triple Sec instead.)
1.5 cups agave nectar (I made a simple syrup instead, which Bumby suggested)
2 cups apple cider (I couldn't find cider at my grocery store, so I used "Simply Apple" juice)
2 cups cranberry cocktail juice
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Lemon-lime soda (The recipe doesn't have an amount & I didn't add any because I felt like it doesn't need it. A splash could prob be added before serving to make it bubbly)
Diced apples

Happy Thanksgiving Disboarders! Catherine, thank you for maintaining this thread!

Thanks for this.... Please let me know how it taste when you try some... It looks good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter