2011 dining plan: PRICES, BROCHURE AND RESTAURANT LIST DATED 12/10/10

Hi I am looking to clarify that Maya Grille and yak & Yeti are still 1 table credit eligible with the DP?

I looked at the sticky here and it shows the table credit icon, but WDW's site is showing it as available under the delux plan but not the regular dining plan?

All of my ressie's accept those two show a table credit on the chart under regular dining plan.

Any thoughts on that? Yak & Yeti is one of our favorites and I would hate to drop that reservation!:scared1:

It is just another Disney website error. There are no restaurants that take the DxDDP but not the basic DDP.

You really can't trust Disney's website as far as that goes. For a while, the new Epcot restaurants were listed as accepting the basic plan but not deluxe, and now at least one of them is showing it accepts deluxe but not basic. The .pdf brochure is the final word on which restaurants participate.

Phew! That's a relief. Based on your posts, i went on to the Disney site and looked at their separate QSDP brochure for 2011. And Tangierine cafe is on there. I don't know what my problem is, but I *still* don't see it on the general DDP one that's posted at the beginning of this link. I just see the Restaurant Marrakesh on there. But no worries....I see it on the "official" QSDP pdf.

Thanks!

We have not eaten there before but are planning to this time. Why would you pick Tangerine over Marrakesh?????
We did eat the QS last time in Morrocco and Loved :lovestruc it!

I have a stupid question...
When we went to Disney in 2008 I could swear that the dining plan did not include the appetizer. But on this 2011 brochure it says table service DOES include the app and the desert. Is that correct?
Thanks!

I have a question about the DDP. I understand that certain restaurants participate and some don't. That's all good. BUT what I don't get, I've read some threads of Dining TR and while ON the dining plan, if you didn't care for what the menu offered, you had to pay for something off another menu? I am reading this wrong. Is there a different menu when you are on the dining plan? If that's the case, what is the point of using the dining plan? You don't know until you get there if you will enjoy what you can or can't have? I am now somewhat confused. If someone can clarify this for me.

Help!! Thank:)

I have a question about the DDP. I understand that certain restaurants participate and some don't. That's all good. BUT what I don't get, I've read some threads of Dining TR and while ON the dining plan, if you didn't care for what the menu offered, you had to pay for something off another menu? I am reading this wrong. Is there a different menu when you are on the dining plan? If that's the case, what is the point of using the dining plan? You don't know until you get there if you will enjoy what you can or can't have? I am now somewhat confused. If someone can clarify this for me.

Help!! Thank:)

I've never heard of this. I've always read and been under the impression the menu is the same for people on the dining plan and paying out of pocket.

Somewhere near the beginning of this thread, I thought I read that a couple of restaurants still offer an appetizer? Is this possible and if so, which ones?

oops one more thing ~ Can you get the pizza at Via Napoli with the DP and what size?

Thanks!

I have eaten at most WDW restaurants and there has never been a separate menu for dining plan users. Sure, a few things may not be available, but that is rare. No worries : )

I'm getting ready to go with the quick service plans for my family of 4 (12, 11, 2 adults).

I believe the mug deal is you can use them at the hotel, but can someone confirm this? It seems like most people are doing that, and I remember reading that most also leave them in the rooms, rather than taking them into the park.

Can someone give me the info on the mugs, please? Thanks!

I'm getting ready to go with the quick service plans for my family of 4 (12, 11, 2 adults).

I believe the mug deal is you can use them at the hotel, but can someone confirm this? It seems like most people are doing that, and I remember reading that most also leave them in the rooms, rather than taking them into the park.

Can someone give me the info on the mugs, please? Thanks!

The mugs are good for your resort food court only for the length of your stay. Most leave them in the room so they aren't carting them around in the park, but if you want to fill up before heading to the parks you can stash them in a stroller or backpack once you are done.

Somewhere near the beginning of this thread, I thought I read that a couple of restaurants still offer an appetizer? Is this possible and if so, which ones?

Some restaurants offer a fixed price 3 course meal that is included on the plan, but you have to order from the more limited prix fixe menu which generally excludes the most expensive entrees.

Hello I was wondering are the same resturants listed on the Dining Plan listed as well on the Deluxe and if not does that mean they are not a part of that particular dining plan but only the one it is listed on? I am doing the Deluxe dining in August and would love to go back to Tutto Italia, but it only seems to be on the regular dining plan. :confused3 Does this mean it is not covered on Deluxe? Thanks for your help!

Hello,
I must be skimming too quickly but I did not see a posting as to the cost of the 2011 dining plan options, DDP, QSDP, etc. Can someone provide this information or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
kate

Here is the link to the 2011 WDW Dining Plan brochure and restaurant list dated 12/10/10.

The other apparent difference in the 2011 brochure is the removal of the "juice" entitlement for breakfast. It appears guests redeeming dining credits for breakfast will no longer be entitled to a second beverage in lieu of dessert. This will be something to watch for when we start getting reports back from persons using the plan for breakfast in 2011.[/QUOTE

Has anyone tried this yet? Just wondering if they are still offering the juice entitlement or not. Thanks.

Hello I was wondering are the same resturants listed on the Dining Plan listed as well on the Deluxe and if not does that mean they are not a part of that particular dining plan but only the one it is listed on? I am doing the Deluxe dining in August and would love to go back to Tutto Italia, but it only seems to be on the regular dining plan. :confused3 Does this mean it is not covered on Deluxe? Thanks for your help!

All DDP restaurants that accept regular dining accept deluxe dining. If you are looking at the 12/10/10 brochure, Tutto Italia is indeed listed. If you are looking at the website, it's wrong a lot.

oops one more thing ~ Can you get the pizza at Via Napoli with the DP and what size?

Thanks!

1 TS credit - individual pizza (plus dessert and drink)
2 TS credits - large pizza (plus 2 desserts and 2 drinks)
4 TS credits - 1/2 meter pizza (plus 4 desserts and 4 drinks)

Add appetizers to that if you are on deluxe dining - one appetizer per credit used.

This applies to adult credits. Children's credits may only be used to order from the children's menu.

Hello,
I must be skimming too quickly but I did not see a posting as to the cost of the 2011 dining plan options, DDP, QSDP, etc. Can someone provide this information or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
kate

Costs are posted on the FAQ thread.

Appetizers for adults on basic DDP:

You can get an appetizer on basic DDP in several ways.

1) Fixed price 3 course menus at: Le Cellier, Captain's Grill, Nine Dragons, Kona Cafe and Chefs de France. You must order all three courses from the separate fixed price menu to get an appetizer included. Reports are that no substitutions AT ALL are allowed from the fixed price menus, you can't even substitute the side dishes. Ask at the restaurant if you have a medical condition and need to substitute a side for that reason.

2) Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose or Brown Derby includes the appetizer even on the basic DDP. Your reservation must be specifically booked as a Fantasmic package.

3) Candlelight Processional package, when offered, includes an appetizer. But it also costs 2 credits per person, regardless of the restaurant you choose or whether your meal is lunch or dinner.

4) Fixed price restaurants like CRT include the appetizer no matter how you are paying for the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter