**2011 Confirmed Snacks/Add yours here**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretzels are no longer a SC at Kringla.:confused3 There have been reports that guests have gotten them anyway but there is no symbol on the sign. They should still be allowed as your dessert option with a meal. :goodvibes

I was able to read the symbols on easywdw.com pictures and have updated my own list. There may be a few items that are no longer being offered. Anyone know if Rice Cream, Veiled Maiden, Coconut Custard Tart, Blood Orange Custard, or Fruit Tart are still being sold at Kringla?

9-15-11 Okay, I'm updating my own report. I found a new blog at orlandoinformer.com which inc. a picture of the menu board with some of the items listed. It does show the Sweet Prezel with the DDP logo. The blog is dated 9-12-11 so as long as the picture is recent it looks like you can still get the sweet pretzel.

Also I spotted the Rice Cream and Veiled Maiden in the photos. There is one more item in a cup but I can't identify it. Looks like I'll just have to see for my self in a little over 3 weeks.

hehe.... I had actually looked right at that post and somehow skipped by the part that showed the symbols.... I saw the sandwich part of the menu that is shown first, but missed the next couple pictures :rolleyes:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I am sooo sad No more strawberry shortcake at what was Mrs Potts !!!

As far as I can tell by the pics on easywdw, the brownie sundae is not a snack credit anymore either. I was so excited when I had seen the symbol in the pictures from August, but the symbol is gone in the latest menu pics from September.

As far as I can tell by the pics on easywdw, the brownie sundae is not a snack credit anymore either. I was so excited when I had seen the symbol in the pictures from August, but the symbol is gone in the latest menu pics from September.

You're right. I removed it from my list but left it on the one I posted. I've corrected it now.

You're leaving for WDW one day before us! Have a wonderful trip. Y&BC is a beautiful resort. We stayed there in early Dec. a while back to celebrate my DM71 finishing her cancer treatment. :cloud9:

Good afternoon... Do you know if the Mickey shaped soft pretzels are part of the dining plan? Thanks... :upsidedow

Good afternoon... Do you know if the Mickey shaped soft pretzels are part of the dining plan? Thanks... :upsidedow

Do you know how much they cost and where you get them?

If it is a snack itme on a cart and costs $3.99 or less, you can be pretty sure it will be included. I know several places have pretzels on their DDP snack licst :)

I found pretzels at several locations on the DDP as a SC. I don't know which ones are Mickey ones, but here's what I found

MK
Cool Ship in TL.

The Lunching Pad in TL-these are cream cheese filled

Frontierland Churro Cart

EPCOT

Fife & Drum Tavern
They have the Cream Cheese ones and the Jalapeno Cheese ones.
Also a regular pretzel

Promenade Refreshments (near Canada) regular pretzel

Germany-hand twisted pretzel served are several locations. Sommerfest, Bier, and Beer Train

AK
Asia Slushie Cart.

Harambe Fruit Market-Soft Pretzel and Jalapeno Stuffed one.

Safari Pretzel

Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel

DHS

Anaheim Produce

Pretzel Garden

Churro Cart by Sorcerer's Hat

Toluca Lakes Turkey Co.

TL
Surf Doggies

Personally we like the non-Mickey ones. We've had them in Germany and AK-both were very good. Germany's were best!

Of course, all snacks are subject to change. ;)

HTH.

If it is a snack itme on a cart and costs $3.99 or less, you can be pretty sure it will be included. I know several places have pretzels on their DDP snack licst :)

They are brand new at WDW. Someone posted awhile back and said they were located at a cart in Frontierland, I think. Planning on searching one out in a few days....I just love Mickey-shaped foods! Not sure if they are on DDP but I'd imagine so.

Does anyone know if you can use a SC for those big swirly lollipops?

One more question and this sounds so dumb but are the cream cheese filled pretzels just filled with plain cream cheese and that's it? Told ya it was a dumb question but I hate plain cream cheese yet love cheesecake.

They are brand new at WDW. Someone posted awhile back and said they were located at a cart in Frontierland, I think. Planning on searching one out in a few days....I just love Mickey-shaped foods! Not sure if they are on DDP but I'd imagine so.

Does anyone know if you can use a SC for those big swirly lollipops?

One more question and this sounds so dumb but are the cream cheese filled pretzels just filled with plain cream cheese and that's it? Told ya it was a dumb question but I hate plain cream cheese yet love cheesecake.

You can get some lollipops. Depends on the size.

The cream cheese is like cheesecake-it's sweetened. We had one at Disneyland recently and it was pretty good. I felt it needed a little sweetness on the outside as well. Maybe the ones at WDW are different? If not, dipping them in something like caramel would be awesome!;)

Additional info on Mickey Pretzels

Mickey with a Twist

9/15/11 The Magic Kingdom has introduced Mickey Mouse Soft Pretzels. The pretzels, resembling Mickey’s face and ears, are currently available for $4.00 at the Frontierland Pretzel Wagon and are offered with cheese or chocolate dipping sauce. The current offering is a test-run, but Magic Kingdom Cast have reported that the offering is expected to become a permanent menu addition and expand to other locations. (from intercot.com )

You know, I didn't even realize that WDW didn't seel Mickey Pretzels. DLR has been selling them for years ( and like I said before, I like the non-Mickey ones better. Not so doughy)

I used a snack credit for the strawberry shortcake sundae and my sister used one for the brownie sundae at Storybook Treats on 9/8.

I used a snack credit for the strawberry shortcake sundae and my sister used one for the brownie sundae at Storybook Treats on 9/8.

That's good to know. Especially since it doesn't appear to have the DDP logo on the new menu.

Here's the link showing the new menu as of 9-9-11
http://www.easywdw.com/menus-and-se...ce-cream-fantasyland-ice-cream-and-beverages/

So I'm wondering it the strawberry and brownie ones are inc. is the new Hot Fudge Cookie Sundae as well? It's the same price.

Did you remember if you saw the symbol on the sign or did you just ask? Maybe they had enough complaints that they added it back in?

It just goes to show you that if you don't see the DDP logo, it can't hurt to ask. And I have heard different CMs will give you different answers.

I remember a few year back being at BB and ordering DD and her new friend a Snowball. The CM said they weren't a SC. I pointed out that the logo was on the sign. She said that she hadn't worked for a few days and they added the logo while she was off. ;) So things can change overnight.

I see that the ice cream/cookie sandwiches at the MS bakery are still listed as a snack. I thought they were no longer considered a snack? It seems to go back and forth, and I can't remember last December if we got them as a snack or paid op for them. Actually, it was so cold that I'm not sure we even had an ice cream sandwich...

I see that the ice cream/cookie sandwiches at the MS bakery are still listed as a snack. I thought they were no longer considered a snack? It seems to go back and forth, and I can't remember last December if we got them as a snack or paid op for them. Actually, it was so cold that I'm not sure we even had an ice cream sandwich...

The list on page 1 hasn't been updated since 7/4. Sadly, it is out of date. I have gathered new info from easywdw.com and there have been many changes to the QS menus in just the last month or so. According to his site, the Ice Cream Cookie sandwich is no longer a SC.

But then the photos he took of Storybook Treats of the new menu and posted on 9/9 clearly show that the DDP logo is missing on the Brownie Sundae and the Strawberry Shortcake yet a PP said they got it on 9/8. So, there is still confusion on a few items. If you don't see the DDP logo by an itme that was previously a SC then I would ask the CM.

I'm going to try to verify as many of the SC when I am there starting in 16 days. Besides the 4 main parks I will verify choices at TL and BB as well. Who knows, maybe even DQ and of course as many DTD and resorts I can get too.;)

Click here for easywdw.com's Main Street Bakery menu with pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter