2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought about shipping a package??? Has anyone done this?
How far in advance would I ned to ship it to make sure it gets there in time? What happens if it arrives before I do (as in a couple of days before), will they hold it until I get there? or will they not even know who the heck it belongs to?

What does it usually run to ship the package with items like shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen toothpaste, clothes detergent, etc.?

Did you see the post in the FAQ section about mailing packages to the Yacht and Beach Club? Since this is a convention resort with a mailing center, items are sent there and there is a charge to pick up from there. If you mail the package using the good ole USPS, right to the resort, no charge:

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge.

Use this mailing address:

Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Wow, thank you for all that info, especially the address formatting! Thought I'd ask, as I wondered if they just charged the fee if they noticed the package wasn't from another person (like a Costco delivery). Didn't realize that there would be no convention resort charge if sending via USPS; that's great! I'd hate to have them pay to pick up a gift. :laughing:

Sorry if this is already somewhere else in the 200+ pages but...

we have a reservation to a 2 bedroom villa. Our TA told us that we cannot reserve 2 beds for each room. Last time we checked into BCV, the front desk told us we couldn't get that room arrangement WITHOUT a prior reservation for it.

We will be there July 15-25 so I want to get this straightened out ASAP.

Thanks for the help

Thanks so much! We're arriving at 8am for EMH, and we'll definitely follow the plan you suggested. Just wondering when we should do Shark Reef - after slides and before lazy river/wave pool?

How funny is that - the cabana prices ARE more than our room, too!

Yes, that's exactly what we do, after the slides, but before Lazy River/Pool. Brace yourself, the water is coooold! But in Aug, it feels pretty good to us :laughing: after getting over the shock!

For the Housekeeping Closet and Spa...
(again for the newbies - just kidding here!)

So pleased that everyone is coming up with revenue generating ideas. That will help us all to extend our stay there. I'm also up for the suggestion of the occasional theme night with admission. That should be fun.

Today I was thinking (dreaming) about our wonderful fake closet and I turned to my husband and randomly said, out of nowhere, "We will have wireless internet in our closet at the Beach Club." He just looked at me like I was nuts and said "What!?". And then I remembered that he wasn't with me in my mind in the Housekeeping Closet and Spa and I clarified by saying "No, not in our real closet in our hotel room, I'm talking about the fake dream closet - we are planning for wireless internet in our fake dream closet." He just rolled his eyes :sad2: and walked away.

It is so hard to remember it isn't real. :sad1:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Yes, and maybe MM can get us all costumes similar to the Bloomer one she's getting for Teena :idea: We could do a stand up routine! :rotfl:

We've done it three times. Whether it's "worth" it or not is going to be different for each person. For our family 4 "Disney adults" and 1 child the cost was $125. We do it one night out of the 17 nights that we are there. For us it's worth it to get to watch Tinkerbelle fly over us and not have to wait on the curb forever and hope that nobody decides to try and sit in front of us at the last minute (it's happened before).

It's one 13 year old DD's list of "must dos" so that's why we keep coming back.

No AP discount (or any other discount).

We booked our Fireworks Dessert Party for July 26.

We booked our dessert party for July 20. I figured we would still be on California time somewhat so the 10 p.m. fireworks will feel more like 7 p.m. for the youngest of us!! Thanks for the great idea! I also ended up changing our dinner ADR at 50's Prime Time to a lunch ADR on the same day so we could save some room for the desserts! :thumbsup2

We don't have the equivalent at the DLR, but there is a Fantasmic dessert party at DL. We may have to try that as its hard to get a viewing area without having to camp out for a long time prior to the show. I like that WDW has a Fantasmic dining package. There are quite a few differences between WDW and DLR which makes going to both so much fun!! :banana::banana::banana:

Jennifer (love these :banana:!)

Hi,
I have been reading all your tips about WDW and the Yacht Club with much interest.

I am traveling from Australia with my DH, DS (8) and DD (6) and a family friend, arriving 4th May. We are staying in a water view room at YC. Can someone please help me out - is it possible to get a CL room with 5 guests? I would really like to upgrade our booking to one of these rooms if possible.

I have read your tips aboutnrequesting a room on level 1 near the laundry, is this an option if you have a CL room?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,
I have been reading all your tips about WDW and the Yacht Club with much interest.

I am traveling from Australia with my DH, DS (8) and DD (6) and a family friend, arriving 4th May. We are staying in a water view room at YC. Can someone please help me out - is it possible to get a CL room with 5 guests? I would really like to upgrade our booking to one of these rooms if possible.

I have read your tips aboutnrequesting a room on level 1 near the laundry, is this an option if you have a CL room?

You can book a cl room for a party of 5, but not a water view cl room. Only garden view cl or standard view cl. It may be too late to change this close to your reservation.

All regular cl rooms (not suites) are located on the 5th floor.

HTH.

Hi,

:welcome:

Yes, there are CL rooms that will accomodate 5 guests.

The CL rooms at the YC are on the 5th floor, so no, the room suggestion for level 1 near the lobby would not work.

You would have to contact your travel agent or Disney to find out if there are any rooms available for your upcoming stay.

Thank you so much. Would you suggest a CL room at BC for a water view? I had my heart set on looking out over Crescent Lake at the pretty lights!!!!
I will call and see what they can do.
I did book with 35% discount so hoping they let me change over if it is available!

we have a reservation to a 2 bedroom villa. Our TA told us that we cannot reserve 2 beds for each room. Last time we checked into BCV, the front desk told us we couldn't get that room arrangement WITHOUT a prior reservation for it.

Thanks for the help

Most of the two bedroom villas have one King Bed in the master bedroom and one Queen and a sofa/bed in the second BR. There may be a few, maybe around 20, 2BR villas that have 2 Queen Beds in the second bedroom, but I think you have to have a specific reservation for this type of room (like the checkin person told you). You may be more successful dealing directly with Disney to see if any of these room types are available or if they are all sold out for the time of your stay.

To the best of my knowledge there are no 2 BR villas that have 2 beds in each bedroom.

Thank you so much. Would you suggest a CL room at BC for a water view? I had my heart set on looking out over Crescent Lake at the pretty lights!!!!
I will call and see what they can do.
I did book with 35% discount so hoping they let me change over if it is available!

There are BC CL WV rooms that will sleep 5. Only problem is that there is a chance that you would get a room without a full balcony at the Beach Club. So you might have a beautiful view, but not be able to sit out an enjoy it.

Thanks for the help

I think the Master Bedrooms all have a single King-sized bed so I don't think you can get 2 beds in that room. The 2nd bedroom is where you can have 1 bed + sleeper sofa vs. 2 beds. I think the TA needs to request a "dedicated 2 bedroom" as opposed to a lock-off. I *think* there are more lock-offs than dedicated 2 bedrooms because the lock-offs give Disney more flexibility. I've never stayed in a 2 bedroom at BCV (we fit in a one bedroom last summer and there were no discounts available for the 2 bedroom this summer so we're staying BLT) but we stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom at SSR once and that was the configuration.

Amanda

For those who celebrate, Happy Easter, fellow Yacht & Beach Club friends!
easter_bunny_hopping.gif

There are BC CL WV rooms that will sleep 5. Only problem is that there is a chance that you would get a room without a full balcony at the Beach Club. So you might have a beautiful view, but not be able to sit out an enjoy it.

Dee - I was told that we couldn't book a lv cl room for 5 - only gv or sv cl.
Really wierd since more lv cl rooms have daybeds and gv cl rooms!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Dee - I was told that we couldn't book a lv cl room for 5 - only gv or sv cl.
Really wierd since more lv cl rooms have daybeds and gv cl rooms!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Thanks for the clarification Robyn- You know better than I what is available for famlies of 5

Happy Easter to you, too and everyone else!

I was reading on the club level board that the Grand Floridian has tiny milk cartons for guests to take back to their room (for small children/babies) and I thought I remembered that Beach Club has their milk in a large pitcher for breakfast.

I ask because my daughter has some dietary guidelines and she needs milk at least 3x daily and it would be nice to have some on hand for the afternoon...I am the complete opposite and can no longer drink milk, I normally drink Almond milk because I can't stand the taste of soy milk...anyone know if they offer a non-lactose option?

We haven't stayed CL at BC but we did at Poly. I would imagine they handle allergies in a similar manner.

DD10 can't have regular milk or soy milk. The chef in charge of the CL lounge ordered rice milk for her (that's her preference but I also know that WDW carries rice milk at many locations). The CL CMs would pour us a cup any time we asked. For DD13 who prefers soy milk they would hand us as many single serving cartons as we wanted any time we asked. They would typically bring us out 2 or 3 any time we asked for one and just told me to keep them in my room fridge for my convenience.

For your daughter, just ask for milk any time you want it. If you're wanting to avoid draining the jug by filling a few cups to bring back to your room in the morning (just use the coffee cups with lids) then ask a CM in the lounge. I'd probably just fill 2 cups in the morning; one for immediate consumption and one to put in the fridge for the afternoon; then in the evening go back and ask for another cup. Just use the coffee cups since those have lids.

I don't see why you should by milk when it's available in the lounge. There's no rule saying you can only have 1 glass per day.

Ask Special Diets if there can be almond milk for you in the lounge. They'll get a firm answer to you one way or the other from the CL chef in charge of allergies. They may or may not be able to; just ask. I've had better experience going through Special Diets rather than IPO; IPO doesn't actually check with the chefs while Special Diets does (at least that was my experience at Poly).

HH no longer has the allergy free chicken tenders because they no longer offer chicken nuggets on their menu. I was told they do not offer any type of chicken at HH and they will not make it for you there. One possible suggestion though I shudder at even writing this is... the BC Marketplace. See if they will call a Chef and as they do offer these at sit down locations they might make them for you. Not sure it would be any faster than a sit down though. Maybe an email to special diets asking specifically for availability might help.

However.... great news for you is that they do have burgers at HH. I just do not eat red meat to this was not an option for me.
As far as I'm aware you cannot order take out meals from Beaches 'n Creme. They have a take out counter but this is for ice cream only.

Good luck :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Thank you so much for your suggestions. It's good to know that burgers are still available at HH and it sounds like they can cook fries as well since you said in your review that you had those. I just feel bad for my kids that they have to eat them without buns. WDW is where they can typically eat normally. We'll just decide at the time I guess. Maybe the planets will align and there won't be much wait at B&C and we can get tenders there. Worst case scenario, if we can't find anything we can always run over to Sunshine Seasons and get some of that yummy chicken or salmon or tenders at Liberty Inn. Hmmmm.... I wonder if the seared tuna at Sunshine Seasons is safe? That used to be my favourite pre-diagnosis. I don't see it on my last gluten free list from Special Diets though. Bummer. I'll have to ask when I email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter