2010 Podcast Cruise - Pricing/waitlist is now up

I just put in a request for a quote and traveling solo! I'm so anxious to meet some new people - esp Disney lovers like me ;)

:welcome: Since we'll have about 1/4 of the staterooms occupied by DISers, you're sure to meet alot of new Disney friends :flower3:

Hey, we're in! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay: Now to bring the girls or not to bring the girls? What is a Disney loving mother to do?:confused3 Have a great night everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all before the cruise! yipppeeeeeee:grouphug:

Hi ya, we're in, DH & I. :hug:

DH doesn't listen to the Podcasts or go on the forums so I think at the moment he is thinking what am I getting him into into :rotfl:

The kids aren't coming with us as it's not fair to take them out of school :rotfl2:

They don't know anything about this so we will have to think up a good excuse as to why they are not coming with us.

Any suggestions ????

Tell them you're doing a scientific study of stingrays during the winter migrations in Nassau... or You could get quarantined due to Malaria...

We have 6 people in our family - 2 parents/4 children; one child is in college and has a current girlfriend. This cruise is over 17 months away. If I book 2 rooms in Category 11; say 4 in one room and 2 in another - or 3 and 3 - can I change that number and pay the difference if we add another person at a later date?

When would be my absolute deadline to add another person? I'm assuming I could have as many as 4 in each room, right?

What happens if I want to get 2 rooms, but later change my headcount to 5 people total? What is my absolute deadline to subtract a person?

I'm hesitant to commit so far in advance - anything could happen. I certainly don't want to say 6 people definite and then be stuck if not all 6 people get to go. Thanks - just need to know what to tell my husband as my rebuttal when I suggest we book this to be our 2010 family vacation trip! Especially with today's economy - I also need to know what the deadline would be to cancel my reservation and get all of our money back.

P.S. Hubby and I went on a Big Red Boat cruise in 4/1991 on our Honeymoon. Can't recall any complaints about the ship or the trip in general!

Just a suggestion but, reserve 2 rooms (connecting), you can always cancel and get your monies back.

The wonderful AskTracy will be along shortly to answer your questions.

Welcome!

We have 6 people in our family - 2 parents/4 children; one child is in college and has a current girlfriend. This cruise is over 17 months away. If I book 2 rooms in Category 11; say 4 in one room and 2 in another - or 3 and 3 - can I change that number and pay the difference if we add another person at a later date?

When would be my absolute deadline to add another person? I'm assuming I could have as many as 4 in each room, right?

What happens if I want to get 2 rooms, but later change my headcount to 5 people total? What is my absolute deadline to subtract a person?

I'm hesitant to commit so far in advance - anything could happen. I certainly don't want to say 6 people definite and then be stuck if not all 6 people get to go. Thanks - just need to know what to tell my husband as my rebuttal when I suggest we book this to be our 2010 family vacation trip! Especially with today's economy - I also need to know what the deadline would be to cancel my reservation and get all of our money back.

P.S. Hubby and I went on a Big Red Boat cruise in 4/1991 on our Honeymoon. Can't recall any complaints about the ship or the trip in general!

Just so you know, category 11 rooms will not connect. Also, if you have minors in either room, you must have an adult 21 or older in that room as well.

Changing your numbers is easier to do going down than going up. If you reserve now for 6 and then want to add one later, you may not be able to do so if capacities on the ship are full. What date this happens is anyone's guess. Provided there is space, you can add someone up until about 3 days prior to the cruise. Again, if the rooms fill up for capacity, lifeboat stations fill up for capacity or if you are adding a minor and the children's programming fills up, you will not be able to add them.

You can remove someone up until the final payment date (September 27, 2010) without any penalty. After that it will depend on the exact date of cancellation, but the minimum penalty would be the deposit and insurance if you purchased it.

If you can swing the deposit, I would recommend holding the reservations for the maximum you would want ($100 per person in categories 4-11). If you want to be able to put 4 in one room, you should let me know that on the request form.

OK I am going to book this time. I am excited about this cruise because it will be my first cruise :woohoo: Will anyone be staying at WDW before the cruise or after? I am thinking about staying before the cruise because the price will be cheaper for the rooms at WDW. Also, I can check out the decorations at the parks and other resorts before the cruise:santa:

OK I am going to book this time. I am excited about this cruise because it will be my first cruise :woohoo: Will anyone be staying at WDW before the cruise or after? I am thinking about staying before the cruise because the price will be cheaper for the rooms at WDW. Also, I can check out the decorations at the parks and other resorts before the cruise:santa:

First, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Second, I most likely will be staying pre and post cruise. It made for such a delight the first time around. Not sure where yet, but there's a bit of time for that.:goodvibes

Second, I most likely will be staying pre and post cruise. It made for such a delight the first time around. Not sure where yet, but there's a bit of time for that.:goodvibes

We will be staying the week prior to the cruise and a few days after. BIG VACATION!

First welcome nmoore. PCC 1.0 was our first cruise and we loved it. I'm sure you will to.

My company recently starting a mandatory shutdown during the Christmas Holiday. The last two weeks of December. It's either :yay: or :eek:

With the exception of coming in a day early for PCC 2.0, my resort stay will be all post coming home on Wednesday 12/22. That is the current plan anyway.

Boy this sounds just like me... I haven't told my DH that we're going either ( I plan on telling him on his birthday this Oct ) and my birthday is during the cruise too ( Dec 15th )

This will be our first cruise - hopefully not our last :worship:

My Birthday is December 14th, We can have a drink together. I will have copious drinks to celebrate your birthday if you will for mine. Where did the drinking smiley go?

I am so excited :banana::banana::banana::banana: I put down the deposit!!!!!

I even told my husband last night that for my birthday in 2010 we were going on a Cruise!!! :boat:With 500 hundred friends we haven't met yet!!! :grouphug: He gave that kind of sick smile and said Okay. I have a year to indoctrinate him, I'll start slowly. He was happy to hear about things like DATW and Drinking around the Ship. I made sure not to mention Karaoke :rockband: or Thriller, :dancer: I've got to ease him in.

Ok seriously now, It's been three days. Making me a thread killer is not the way to make me feel welcome :guilty: :worried::o

My request is in!! And I am NOT canceling this time!

Hello Neighbor! I live up in Stafford and am hoping to sign up for this cruise as soon as I can get together the deposit :rotfl: I would love to go on this cruise and meet so many wonderful Diser's and esp some from our state. Keeping my fingers crossed this all works out (I previously posted that I was signing up but then medical bills got in the way so will have to postpone signing up until next month).

I'm trying to talk DH into signing up for this. I wanted to show him what a great deal this was (in addition to being an amazing trip!), but I'm having trouble figuring out what the discount really is compared to a full price Disney cruise. :confused3 I tried pricing out the Dec 12, 2010 4-day cruise on Disney's site and got the same price as the pricing chart on here. Are the discounted cruises gone or did I do something wrong? Oh wise DIS cruisers, help me convince DH this is a bargain. :teacher:

I'm trying to talk DH into signing up for this. I wanted to show him what a great deal this was (in addition to being an amazing trip!), but I'm having trouble figuring out what the discount really is compared to a full price Disney cruise. :confused3 I tried pricing out the Dec 12, 2010 4-day cruise on Disney's site and got the same price as the pricing chart on here. Are the discounted cruises gone or did I do something wrong? Oh wise DIS cruisers, help me convince DH this is a bargain. :teacher:

Via the DU link I get $1,847.84 for 2 people in a Cat6 for the podcast cruise.
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing.cfm

Via the DCL site, I get $2,123.84 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter