2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

It's good news. So far I don't think anyone hasn't gotten the dates and location the wanted. So Disney must not be booked yet. That's even better news it may not be crowded when we all go. :yay:
I agree....woohoo!! I want to be greedy and keep the lines to a minimum.

We just upgraded from Pop to POR-FQ and added the free dining plan. I just got the confirmatin email. It doesn't actually say FD. What does it look like on the breakdown? There is a line that says PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QTR-STD is this it? I want to make sure we have it but don't want to spend another half an hour on hold long distance. I tried to make reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table both online and with a CM and it isn't showing up yet online and the castmember said it wouldn't show till this afternoon. I was fine with that until I got my confirmation and now I'm starting to worry.:scared:
My confirmation just says Magic Your Way Dining. I would just be concerned if the total doesn't match up.:hippie: Other wise......you should be fine.:thumbsup2

still waiting for my TA to call and confirm that we got FD and what resort we made it into.......the suspense is killing me!!

It doesn't say anything about dining at all. All it says is

PACKAGE(S): PT ORLEANS FR QTR- QGB
MAGIC YOUR WAY PKG

and then the magical express and the "freebies" the key ring and golf and things:confused3

I just added free QS dining to my AS Music reservations. I only had about 5 minutes of hold time, but it took forever to make the change because they are very busy.

I was told I can do the upgrade to TS dining up until 3 days before our trip adn that the important part, the free dining, has been added.

Can you book Free Dining in a Ft. Wilderness Cabin? It has been said that it can not be booked for ASMU Family Suite. I have a friend that might be interested.

my TA just changed me to FD. i am in the cabins 08-20 to 08-28. yes it is a moderate resort and yes FD!!!!!!!!!!!yeay!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Can someone explain this pricing to me? 5 nights at Pop, 9/6 to 9/11 w/ 6 day hoppers is $1,079. If I add in the "free" quick service plan, my total jumps to $1,399. How is that free? :confused3

Nevermind...I clicked through the free dining offer on the front page and the numbers look right now. Lessons learned: you have to select the offer to get the pricing, it's not automatic. Biggest lesson learned: double check your TA's pricing. She had it all wrong and was charging me the full price. I would have just done it myself but we like the AAA perks.

After a mere 17 minutes on hold I was able to add free dining to my reservation at POFQ!!:thumbsup2 (i had previously booked with a pin for 30% off the room). The CM switched it with no problem at all, i was wished a magical day and that was that! :cool1:

Of course now I"m making dining reservations a little late and I've got us eating at 9:45pm at Ohana:lmao: That's actually fine b/c we can see Wishes from the restaurant! wooHOO!!

I am regretting using a TA to book my trip!!! I had booked my September trip through AAA a while back. Now I'm trying to get someone to add the free dining to my existing package, and they are not responding to my phone calls/emails. I realize that they're busy today, but I don't want to have to change hotels to take advantage of the promotion either!! I should have just booked it myself and the changes would already be made. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I can still get it! :eek:

I am regretting using a TA to book my trip!!! I had booked my September trip through AAA a while back. Now I'm trying to get someone to add the free dining to my existing package, and they are not responding to my phone calls/emails. I realize that they're busy today, but I don't want to have to change hotels to take advantage of the promotion either!! I should have just booked it myself and the changes would already be made. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I can still get it! :eek:
Do you have an update for us yet?

Do you have an update for us yet?

Nothing final yet. The TA emailed me around 2 to say that she still couldn't get through to Disney. It's now almost 4:30 and I still don't know what's going on. :confused3

I am going to end up with an ulcer over planning this vacation!

Nothing final yet. The TA emailed me around 2 to say that she still couldn't get through to Disney. It's now almost 4:30 and I still don't know what's going on. :confused3

Umm....thats not good. Does the TA have to do? I don't know how that works. I always book mt disney trips online.

I hope you hear something real soon.

:flower3:Oh no, don't get an ulcer, the TA is supposed to get the ulcer for you:laughing:

Umm....thats not good. Does the TA have to do? I don't know how that works. I always book mt disney trips online.

I hope you hear something real soon.

Unfortunately, if you book through a travel agent, any and all changes have to be made by them. I think this is the last time I will be using them and from now on, I will just book online myself. Especially since I can go through the booking process and see the hotel and free dining there for the dates I'm travelling!

:flower3:Oh no, don't get an ulcer, the TA is supposed to get the ulcer for you:laughing:

:rotfl: I don't know what TA you use, but I want to use them.

5:00 and still no response. I guess she gave up for the day?

Unfortunately, if you book through a travel agent, any and all changes have to be made by them. I think this is the last time I will be using them and from now on, I will just book online myself. Especially since I can go through the booking process and see the hotel and free dining there for the dates I'm travelling! /QUOTE]

I hate that. Maybe she/he will stay late to make sure it gets done. What resort are you staying at?

Unfortunately, if you book through a travel agent, any and all changes have to be made by them. I think this is the last time I will be using them and from now on, I will just book online myself. Especially since I can go through the booking process and see the hotel and free dining there for the dates I'm travelling!

I use WDWKOOK Travel Agency:laughing:

I could never use a TA because I am WAY too controlling and I just love doing all of the research and planning myself, hence my screen name:rolleyes1

If that is the case that would be the last time I use that TA. :sad2:

Hey all,

Just wondering - does everyone know that some major room discounts were released today through 10/2? I guess it depends on where you're staying whether it's worth taking the room discount vs. doing FD. My TA was ready to book the free dining first thing this morning, but quickly moved to do the math when she received word of the new resort discounts and sure enough, it saved me more money with the room discount!

I didn't really want the DDP until I found it was free. But now, it's cheaper to use the room discount and PAID dining (We're staying at Beach Club) vs. doing the FD and rack room rates. My package went down by almost $350! If I wanted to really save I could cancel the paid DDP and save $1200 off the original package - but we'd still have to pay for food out of pocket and I think we will get our money's worth with the DDP. It's pretty much a wash, so I'm keeping the DDP.

I would definitely check out the new offers on the rooms - they are much better than the summer offers. I saved 40% on BCR - the room came out to about $200 a night for the first six nights of our trip! That's a steal, believe me. The things that made it a savings for me was 1) I'm staying at a deluxe hotel so the price and discount are higher and 2) I have three children under 10, which is much cheaper per day than the adult rate my husband and I are for DDP.

Good luck everyone - please check this out and do the math!! It might be worth it to take the room discount over the FD.

PS - I have to mention TA's - just reading this thread about everyone's hellish early morning and stress getting through to Disney made me SO glad I'm using my TA! Don't let AAA keep you from using a TA for Disney again. I got all kinds of warnings about working with AAA for Disney so I avoided them. I'm using Small World Vacations (very popular) and unlike AAA, all of their TA's do WDW exclusively. They are constantly monitoring the discounts and are working on them before you even hear about them - I got an e-mail at 7:15 about this new room discount and telling me that she was working on refiguring the package, and she was on the phone with Disney. She got back to me within a few hours and it was done. The other great thing is she could put the package on hold for me, without booking it, until 5/10! So I had many days to decide...but of course I booked it on the spot. It was glorious...:woohoo:

Also, a TA doesn't cost a dime and you don't have to relinquish full control, at least at SMV. I am also a vacation control freak, and I've been doing my ADR's b/c I booked "late" and I'm within the 180 day window. :surfweb: The TA is happy to do them if you give them the info, but the ones I need are a bit picked over and it's just easier for me to do it as I plan our schedule. Finally - my TA was in touch with me via email starting Friday when I first talked to her, had a package within hours sent to me, and continued to tweak it and answered all my crazy e-mails over the weekend. She is ON top of it. :worship: I love that she is booking it all and dealing with Disney - I jusst e-mailed her my flight itinerary and she will set up Magical Express for us too... :love: I told her I'd continue to stalk her for info on WDW! ;)

Yay!! TA just told me we got our 5 rooms at POP with FD, it's my DD's first time and since she'll be 2 yrs 10 mos when we got it the perfect time, she can still have fun but we just miss having to pay for her. Now we just have to wait for September 9th! Good Luck to all who haven't gotten what they wanted yet, and have faith!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter