2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

Does anyone know if free dining Has ever been offered Oct 30 Halloween week or veteran's day week 11-5 to 11-13 ? Wanted to go one of those two weeks but not sure if that may be a very crowded times and has never been part of free dining?

Question - I'm booked for October through a DVC reservation rental. If free dining becomes available for my time, can I add that to my reservation?

Question - I'm booked for October through a DVC reservation rental. If free dining becomes available for my time, can I add that to my reservation?
No, you can not take advantage of any Disney discount offers, free dining or otherwise, when you are renting points.

Just one of the reasons rentings points doesn't ever work for us . . . .

According to mousesavers.com historical data, in 2010 the free dining package for December came out July 5th. Hoping for the same this year!

Sorry if this was answered already.
2011 Dates For FREE Dining:
2011: Jan 1 - 5 • Jan 9 - 13 • Jan 21 - Feb 3 • Feb 11 - 17 • Feb 25 - Mar 3 • May 27 - Jun 2 • Aug 19 - Sept 29

If a fall F/D is offered, when will it be announced?

I'm planning a trip in mid November and haven't made reservations yet. Can I book my package and still get F/D when it is announced?

Kari

If a fall F/D is offered, when will it be announced?

I'm planning a trip in mid November and haven't made reservations yet. Can I book my package and still get F/D when it is announced?

Kari
Yes. When a FD code, or any other WDW discount code for that matter, is released you can call and have it applied to an existing reservation.

First, I apologize because I didn't read through this whole thread, and I'm sure the answer to my question is in there somewhere :flower3:

If free dining is offered for the fall, it may beat our current AP room discount, so I'm thinking we might switch. My question is do we need to get one-day or two-day tix to get the package, and can the rest of my party upgrade their tix without me upgrading mine (since I'm the only one with an AP)? Finally, can I save my one (or two) day ticket to use on a future trip after my AP expires?

I know I'm trying to work all the angles here - we were just really disappointed in the AP room discount!

First, I apologize because I didn't read through this whole thread, and I'm sure the answer to my question is in there somewhere :flower3:

If free dining is offered for the fall, it may beat our current AP room discount, so I'm thinking we might switch. My question is do we need to get one-day or two-day tix to get the package, and can the rest of my party upgrade their tix without me upgrading mine (since I'm the only one with an AP)? Finally, can I save my one (or two) day ticket to use on a future trip after my AP expires?

I know I'm trying to work all the angles here - we were just really disappointed in the AP room discount!
We're booked on this most recent summer FD offer. We had to buy minimum of 2 day park tickets & a photopass book. All members of your reservation must have same park ticket choice. Tickets don't all have to be activated at same time & once in WDW, each individual is free to upgrade as needed.
hth:goodvibes

We're booked on this most recent summer FD offer. We had to buy minimum of 2 day park tickets & a photopass book. All members of your reservation must have same park ticket choice. Tickets don't all have to be activated at same time & once in WDW, each individual is free to upgrade as needed.
hth:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the info! You know, it's funny, I've been working the numbers all morning, and it looks like it's almost exactly the same amount of savings (for us at least!) if we do the room discount or free dining. The memory book puts us right at the edge. Wonder if the execs at WDW know what they're doing ;)

Thanks so much for the info! You know, it's funny, I've been working the numbers all morning, and it looks like it's almost exactly the same amount of savings (for us at least!) if we do the room discount or free dining. The memory book puts us right at the edge. Wonder if the execs at WDW know what they're doing ;)

I did the same thing. First booked AAA rate, then FD, then another discount, then back to FD. In the end, FD won out because it's nice to let our teens order what they like in a restaurant and not cringe over the price. It's worth trying anyway. We'll see, but not soon enough!

In the end, FD won out because it's nice to let our teens order what they like in a restaurant and not cringe over the price. It's worth trying anyway. We'll see, but not soon enough!

I agree with you - it really is nice to have the food covered up front so you're not trying to be on a "budget" on vacation. This trip is just myself and my 10-year old (along with my sister and her 11-year old) and he doesn't eat anything, so I'm thinking I might be frustrated to go with free dining and then he won't like the food on the menu anyway :rotfl2:

And I just realized I spent a chunk of my day figuring all this out, and they haven't even offered FD yet :lmao:

I agree with you - it really is nice to have the food covered up front so you're not trying to be on a "budget" on vacation. This trip is just myself and my 10-year old (along with my sister and her 11-year old) and he doesn't eat anything, so I'm thinking I might be frustrated to go with free dining and then he won't like the food on the menu anyway :rotfl2:

And I just realized I spent a chunk of my day figuring all this out, and they haven't even offered FD yet :lmao:

Yes, but really now, what else would you prefer occupy your thoughts all day? work? bills? the deficit? :lmao:

Sorry if this was answered already.
2011 Dates For FREE Dining:
2011: Jan 1 - 5 • Jan 9 - 13 • Jan 21 - Feb 3 • Feb 11 - 17 • Feb 25 - Mar 3 • May 27 - Jun 2 • Aug 19 - Sept 29

What was going on that first weekend in Feb 2011 for FD NOT to be offered? I was going to book that first weekend for 2012. Is something going on I'm not aware of?

TIA! :)

Oh boy Oh boy I sure hope they extend FD dates for this fall. Would make it easier to get my DH to agree to go back again!

Me too. I am planning an Oct trip and have been waiting for the FD to be extended. Keeping everything crossed for all of us!!!

For those waiting for 2011 FREE DINING DATES, FROM THE DIS HOMEPAGE AND FACEBOOK PAGE:

Rumor - free Dining Plan to be released August 3rd
by Scott Smith
Jul 29, 2011

A rumor has begun circulating that Disney will offer a free Dining Plan for select dates. According to the rumor, bookings beginning August 3rd, 2011 will be eligible for the free Dining Plan for the following travel dates:

October 2, 2011 - October 8, 2011

October 23, 2011 - November 5, 2011

November 13, 2011 - November 19, 2011

November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011

December 11, 2011 - December 17

Quick Service dining would be available to Value resort guests and Regular Dining for Moderate, Deluxe and Villa resort guests. To read more about this rumor, visit this thread on DISBoards.com.

If this rumor is true..that would be too awesome! I will be checking for sure on August 3rd and booking right away. I have been waiting all summer for this. Tiffany thank you so much for sharing and I will be sure to keep everything crossed!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!