**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

Anything under 75 and no rain and locals will be everywhere. Get there early and knock off as many booths as possible on Saturday as soon as WS opens. Sunday should be a little better.

For those who are went to the Party for the Senses, can you get bottles of water? I'm unable to partake in the wines this year, but I can't remember if there is bottled water available for those who don't/can't drink.

Thanks!

For those who are went to the Party for the Senses, can you get bottles of water? I'm unable to partake in the wines this year, but I can't remember if there is bottled water available for those who don't/can't drink.

Thanks!

I don't remember seeing individual plastic bottles of water but I did see an ice tub of large quart size bottles of water. You could always pour that into your wine glass. This was separate from the water at each wine station. You could probably ask a CM to get you a bottle also.

No. Large Evian bottles in iced tubs for glass rinsing and drinking and also a beverage station with flavored waters in dispensers but no individual bottles.

I guess I'll be able to confirm whether Disney actually does what they told me they will do after I attend next Saturday. I'm choosing to believe the phone call and will plan to be there at 5 pm or maybe 5:15 pm to sign in. It gets really crowded and hard to get to the doors in advance if you aren't there early. The people who can't get in until 6:30 don't like letting you pass them to get to the sign in for Wine View.

And I doubt that all the booths will be ready in advance but there are special things at the Wine View area that they can do in advance. Drink orders, cheese table, the starting appetizer for the wine View guests, etc.

Inkmahm, what time would you recommend arriving for WVL? What was your experience?

And if anyone else has a recommend for a time to arrive, I'd so appreciate it. Thanks much to all!!!

Gin -

We did WVL on 10/23. We checked in shortly after 5pm, received our buttons and armbands, then wandered for awhile. We came back around 530pm, we were let in to the holding area around 545pm (the first picture of inside is timestamped 553 pm) and had some champagne. Although I don't know what time we were let in to the actual area with the food, I know we went to our table, chatted with our waitress, and THEN headed to the first station (which was Robert Irvine's): our picture with him is timestamped 610pm, so I think they must have let us in by 6pm. It seems like we made at least 2 food and wine runs - maybe even 3 - before everyone else was let in.

Hope that helps!!

Sarah

Gin -

We did WVL on 10/23. We checked in shortly after 5pm, received our buttons and armbands, then wandered for awhile. We came back around 530pm, we were let in to the holding area around 545pm (the first picture of inside is timestamped 553 pm) and had some champagne. Although I don't know what time we were let in to the actual area with the food, I know we went to our table, chatted with our waitress, and THEN headed to the first station (which was Robert Irvine's): our picture with him is timestamped 610pm, so I think they must have let us in by 6pm. It seems like we made at least 2 food and wine runs - maybe even 3 - before everyone else was let in.

Hope that helps!!

Sarah

Great help! Thanks a bunch!!:cool1:

We have never taken advantage of the reserved seating at Eat to the Beat for PftS. We plan to this year, the last weekend to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Do we get our wristbands near World Showcase Pavilion first, then walk over to the America Gardens Theatre? Or do they have a list of names at the Theatre for reserved seating?

We have never taken advantage of the reserved seating at Eat to the Beat for PftS. We plan to this year, the last weekend to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Do we get our wristbands near World Showcase Pavilion first, then walk over to the America Gardens Theatre? Or do they have a list of names at the Theatre for reserved seating?

I'm thinking of doing this too since we're not using the Wine View Room and prefer to go in after the stampede.

In the past they have had a place set up at the theater to get a wristband.

I am VERY disappointed at Disney. I filed my FIRST ever complaint about the way I was treated at the beverage seminars..... and a month late the response.... NOTHING! Oh well, I guess that next year I can just save my money. I don't pay to be treated rudely!

Just got back from WDW. Sun Oct 24 was 90 degrees and EPCOT was packed - lines at all food and wines booths until closing. Much better during the week. We saw Billy Ocean and Starship, they were both fantastic and there was plenty of seating for walk ins. Great Food and Wine Festival, can't wait to go back. Also, I don't know if the water was there because of the extreme heat but regular sized bottles of water were being sold at each booth. I loved that you could use DDP snack credits for the food. Great deal.

I posted this in the Adults forum but this seems appropriate too:

Here's our situation:

Husband and I, going to Disney World for a long weekend only. We have old non-expiring tickets, and are staying at the Swan this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and going home on Monday.

We will arrive at the Swan after 8 pm, at least, on Friday. Our flight home on Monday is at 6:52, so we will have all Monday morning and part of the afternoon before we have to leave.

We will have a rental car. And our tickets are non-hopping.

We want to spend our time at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Saturday, though, is most likely going to be very crowded.

Should we:
A.) Spend Saturday hanging at the Swan, go for a drive, visit Fort Wilderness, etc., then spend Sunday and most of Monday at Epcot, then leave straight for the airport Monday around 4? Or-

B.) Spend Saturday and Sunday at Epcot, and do the exploring non-park stuff on Monday, before heading for the airport?

Saturday at Epcot means more crowds. Monday at Epcot means much lighter crowds, but we won't get to spend the whole day there, and we can easily spend 2 days browsing the entire park.

Which should we do?

.... And our tickets are non-hopping.

We want to spend our time at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Saturday, though, is most likely going to be very crowded.

Should we:
A.) Spend Saturday hanging at the Swan, go for a drive, visit Fort Wilderness, etc., then spend Sunday and most of Monday at Epcot, then leave straight for the airport Monday around 4? Or-

B.) Spend Saturday and Sunday at Epcot, and do the exploring non-park stuff on Monday, before heading for the airport?

Saturday at Epcot means more crowds. Monday at Epcot means much lighter crowds, but we won't get to spend the whole day there, and we can easily spend 2 days browsing the entire park.

Which should we do?

Personally I would spend Saturday and Sunday at Epcot but get to the World Showcase early each day to try as many food items as you can. Yes, it will be crowded on Saturday late afternoon and evening but you can go slow and still enjoy it. It's hard to say what the crowds will be this weekend since it will be Orlando's first 'cool' temperatures of the season. It has been very crowded on the sunny warm weekends in October. The dropping temperatures hopefully will lighten the crowds for you on Saturday evening. But there's a little voice in my head saying "You've got to be kidding."

Friday Sunny High: 68° Low: 42°
Saturday Sunny High: 66° Low: 47°
Sunday Partly Cloudy High: 69° Low: 56°
Monday Partly Cloudy High: 75° Low: 59°

If last year is any indication, cooler temperatures will not keep people away from the festival. Cooler temperatures may bring in more people. COLD temperatures, or rain, may keep them away, but they won't stay home just because it's cool out.

I think we'll spend Sat. doing non-Festival, non-park stuff. Downtown Disney-I need Mr. Potato Head pieces, and a Mickey Rice Krispy treat!-visit Fort Wilderness, go explore some of Orlando, swim, etc.

Sunday at the Festival.

Monday we'll be at the Internation Gateway bright and early, after checking out of the Swan! Driving to the airport at 4, flying out at 7.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I'm actually surprised this is the only place to discuss food/wine happenings. I haven't seen any threads on the boards. Anyway, my mom and I are having a little getaway next week. We will be arriving in WDW on Thursday but Friday, Nov. 12, will be our only park day before leaving on Saturday (we live close and this was a very unplanned for trip, money wise). Our plan is to head to Epcot first thing to do some of our future world faves and them head right over to WS at 11 to start sampling all of the booths that we are interested in. That evening we are going to go to DHS for the Osborne Lights.

How do you all think the crowds will be that day, Friday? I'm torn because it is the Friday after a holiday and also the last weekend of the festival. But touring plans said it will be very light.

Also, any standouts that we should try as far as food or drinks? I probably won't drink too much since I tend to get a headache when I'm drinking a lot and it is warm out but I will definitely try a few things or split with my mom. There are a few items that I remember having in years past that we enjoyed and will be eating again, like the potstickers, kielbasa and peirogies to name some off the top of my head. But I'm open to your opinions on one or two items I shouldn't miss. I'm interested to try their escargots. Shockingly, I've really enjoyed it on some of my recent cruise vacations.

But touring plans said it will be very light.

I dont think you should count on the touring plans to gauge festival crowds. The plans are generally based on average attraction wait times. Locals coming in for the festival aren't there to wait in line for attractions. (It's the locals coming in that pushes up the crowds in World Showcase on festival weekends. On a Friday you should expect more crowding toward the evening when people start getting off work and decide to drop by Epcot, especially during the last weekend of the festival, even more especially if the weather is good). There is also the dessert discovery event in the World Showplace, the capacity of which is several hundred people (although I can't say I know how full these have been, I don't go to one until next Friday).

Just got back from WDW. Sun Oct 24 was 90 degrees and EPCOT was packed - lines at all food and wines booths until closing. Much better during the week. We saw Billy Ocean and Starship, they were both fantastic and there was plenty of seating for walk ins. Great Food and Wine Festival, can't wait to go back. Also, I don't know if the water was there because of the extreme heat but regular sized bottles of water were being sold at each booth. I loved that you could use DDP snack credits for the food. Great deal.

Sounds like you were there the week we were. F&W was so much fun. We got the Passport book and had something food or drink from 24 of the booths over the course of the week (a few things we went back for seconds). DH and I shared each thing. Having the Quick Service Dining plan was fantastic. We used dining credits if the cost was $4 or more and we paid cash if it was under $4. We also saw Billy Ocean and Starship. It was funny seeing somebody (the young woman) singing songs that probably wasn't born when they were originally hits. We found the lines not bad on Monday-Thursday, but Friday night was a elbow to elbow walking around WS.

The heat didn't bother me; what bothered me was coming home and having to scrape ice off my car the very next morning.

Hopefully someone can answer a question for me...

At the different dinners, were food allergies taken into account?

Also, at the dinners, Party of the Senses, and food booths, was it easy to figure out what was in specific items?

My mother is allergic to mushrooms (like, trip to the hospital allergic). I noticed a good amount of mushrooms used at different events. Would it be worthwhile to do these events with an allergy?

We are going next year and already trying to plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter