**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

I saw people using their room card to pay for things. Not sure if they were using snack credits or charging to their room but many people used them. I liked the wrist card. It was very convenient and kept the very, very long lines moving. Easier to stick it back on your wrist than wrestle with your wallet or secure your cash or card in a pocket while juggling food and drink. You can get the card at any of the food locations. When you purchase your first sample get your card at the same time.

We had the shrimp cake yesterday (Saturday). It was gelatinous as some reported and not really very good at all. The noodles had no veggies and were rather cold. It was probably one of our least favorite dishes of the festival.

The noodles are supposed to be cold. They had a tangy sauce. My shrimp cake was moist not gelatinous. Out of the 4 people that tried it. Only one didn't like it but she's pretty picky and had a problem with the texture of the dish but she liked the noodles.

I'm not sure if you are using the word gelatinous to describe the moist texture or if you had a bad batch, or if your shrimp cake was sitting around a bit and soaked up the sauce the noodles had or if it's a matter of taste.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)

I'm at my mom's house today and she just broke the garden Mickey gnome that I bought for her at last year's F&W festival. Can anyone tell me if they are selling them again this year or do I need to replace it for her by finding one on ebay?

It was really cute- about 14 inches high with Mickey dresses like one of the seven dwarfs.

Anyone?????

The noodles are supposed to be cold. They had a tangy sauce. My shrimp cake was moist not gelatinous. Out of the 4 people that tried it. Only one didn't like it but she's pretty picky and had a problem with the texture of the dish but she liked the noodles.

I'm not sure if you are using the word gelatinous to describe the moist texture or if you had a bad batch, or if your shrimp cake was sitting around a bit and soaked up the sauce the noodles had or if it's a matter of taste.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)

Several others in this thread reported that they experienced the shrimp cakes being "gelatinous." I was agreeing with them. Ours was indeed jsut that: gelatinous.

Hi. We will be at the F&W Thursday. Is there any advantage to purchasing the bracelet mini gift card vs. using your room key? Can you purchase the bracelet gift card with your room key or credit card? This is new to us and just trying to figure out if it's something we should do. Thanks!

I have never bothered with one until this year. The advantage is supposedly that it's easier to reach and store the wristband card. That is the only way it differs from a regular Disney gift card, except for the festival related design. I don't like having it on my wrist and there really isn't anywhere else to keep it and keep the advantage. However, I was down at the festival for such a long time it was easier than carrying a great deal of cash.

Another advantage would be budgeting - if you are on a budget you can fill the card with the amount you budget for the festival, and when it runs out, don't refill it.

I didn't hate the shrimp cake. I thought it was kind of eggy and I don't like eggs but there was some spice to it as well. I might try another one. It was an improvement on the SpongeBob Square Shrimp thing they sold at China last year.

I have a garden Mickey gnome, but I purchased it at the Flower and Garden Festival. It has been there for the last few years. Also loved the Mickey rain gauge. Would that be the same one? If so I did not see it anywhere when we were there last week.

Hi. We will be at the F&W Thursday. Is there any advantage to purchasing the bracelet mini gift card vs. using your room key? Can you purchase the bracelet gift card with your room key or credit card? This is new to us and just trying to figure out if it's something we should do. Thanks!

I bought the wrist gift card the first year they offered it. It is a cute souvenir. My personal experience with it the card detached itself from the wristband the first day I had it. If I hadn't heard it fall on the ground I would have been out the $$ I put on the card. I ended up having to keep it in my bag or pocket because I was afraid it would fall off again. I'm contemplating getting one again this year but I definitely won't be wearing it on my wrist.

We just got home.... used room charge for everything...EASY!!

I bought the wrist gift card the first year they offered it. It is a cute souvenir. My personal experience with it the card detached itself from the wristband the first day I had it. If I hadn't heard it fall on the ground I would have been out the $$ I put on the card. I ended up having to keep it in my bag or pocket because I was afraid it would fall off again. I'm contemplating getting one again this year but I definitely won't be wearing it on my wrist.

When I was there two weeks ago, I was using the wrist gift card to buy something from one of the festival stores in the WS. The CM there mentioned that some people have a problem with the plastic clasp that holds the wrist band to the card opening up, so she taped it for me. I never had a problem with it either way, but that made me feel safer.

And to the person who originally asked about the wrist gift cards, yes you can purchase them with your room key (assuming you have charging purchases on your room key).

Another update of the food and wine trip and this one goes to one of the selectins at the Brewer's Collection. We really appreciated the variety this year.

and the winner is..... Hovels.

The sign said the beer defined characterization although I would place it as an ale.

That stated my favourite beer of all time was at the 15 beers for 15 years, and that is Smithwick's. But out of fairness to all the beers I had not tried, I did not rate it this trip.

Anyone?????

Do not recall anything like that - I did see them at Flower and Garden...not saying they are not there but not at the booths set up for Food and Wine.

I suggest you try on-line first.

Reading further I see someone else mentioned Flower and Garden. Happy Hunting.

Was there this past Saturday. It was awful ... the crowds I mean. Shoulder to shoulder. So bad we just left. The last 5 times we were there (three times last year, twice the year before) the crowd was nothing like this. Was something special going on this past weekend???

I have a garden Mickey gnome, but I purchased it at the Flower and Garden Festival. It has been there for the last few years. Also loved the Mickey rain gauge. Would that be the same one? If so I did not see it anywhere when we were there last week.

Of course, what was I thinking? It was at the Flower and Garden Festival, not the food and wine festival, where I bought it. Sorry, I plead a muddled brain. Our dog is very ill and we have been dealing with her for awhile now. Tomorrow we take her to the vet for the last time and I"m going to miss her so. Now I know my thinking isn't clear.

NP we all have animals we love so it is very understandable. Sorry about your beloved pet. We will be at the F&G April 2011. If you need info then let me know. I believe you can order from Disney Merchandising at that time if you won't be there.

I suspect they have purposely changed it from what it may have been earlier in the festival. The woman who called me was very clear in saying we could register beginning at 5 pm and would be allowed in at 5:45 pm. I asked to make sure I understood her correctly and confirmed the times.

Yes this is exactly what I was told earlier in the week as well. I was actually really surprised with the phone call!

Of course, what was I thinking? It was at the Flower and Garden Festival, not the food and wine festival, where I bought it. Sorry, I plead a muddled brain. Our dog is very ill and we have been dealing with her for awhile now. Tomorrow we take her to the vet for the last time and I"m going to miss her so. Now I know my thinking isn't clear.

I just wanted to say sorry for your loss. I have a kitty that is holding on by a thread. I know we're just buying time with the meds we're giving him - they help one issue but cause kidney issues.

On topic - you may find something cute at he F&W festival - I just doubt it will be for the garden :).

I'm hoping to take a friend next year for that event.

Does anyone know what people usually wear for the PFTS? I was thinking of a cute dress but didn't know if a pair of jeans would be sufficient.

I leave in 1 day (plus a few hours) and I can't wait to enjoy. I hope that Thurs/Fri day and maybe Sat/Sun early aren't too busy at the festival.

Was there this past Saturday. It was awful ... the crowds I mean. Shoulder to shoulder. So bad we just left. The last 5 times we were there (three times last year, twice the year before) the crowd was nothing like this. Was something special going on this past weekend???

I was there this past Saturday as well (because we were going to Party for the Senses but we went for the whole day). I wondered the same as you: what the heck was going on! The only time I remember it being that crowded throughout the day (not just in the evening) is when we went a number of years ago on the very last weekend of the Festival. It was horrid! We didn't get to try half the things we wanted to because the lines were so long and forgot about actually riding any rides. By the time we got a Fast Pass for Soarin' the pass wasn't good until 4:15 -- and there was no way we could get back there by then since we were checking in for PftS, watching the concert and then straight to the Party.

We still had a good time overall, of course, and the Party itself was great (and oddly enough, not all that crowded). We had tickets to one of Jamie Deen's demos and that was fun (and the dish he cooked was good -- I even made the spinach and onions he demo'ed the next day). But sheesh. I couldn't believe the crowds. One of the CM's checking people in for the Party told us they were having record-breaking crowds.

Does anyone know what people usually wear for the PFTS? I was thinking of a cute dress but didn't know if a pair of jeans would be sufficient.

I leave in 1 day (plus a few hours) and I can't wait to enjoy. I hope that Thurs/Fri day and maybe Sat/Sun early aren't too busy at the festival.

You will see a few people in park clothes (shorts and t shirts), but the majority will be wearing "resort casual". I usually wear a cocktail dress or dressy sundress, and my DH wears Docker type pants and an open collared shirt, like a guayabera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter