2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Bread service and fish tacos at Mythos. I subbed in quinoa tabouli instead of the potato salad. This fantastic sit down meal with a view was the same price as many QS meals. Go to Mythos!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Warm chocolate almond bread with salted caramel butter and the ribeye sandwich at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. There was more chocolate flavor in the bread than I expected from previous reviews. I think they added in chocolate chips - it was messy and gooey. The sandwich was very good. I asked for a salad instead of fries and got both, and my waiter apologized for the kitchen screwing up the order. Then I was charged $6 for this teeny tiny salad (literally five bites of salad)! He'd told me there was an up charge to substitute the fries but $6?? I don't think so. I got them down to $3 which I still think was too much for that salad. Overall good food and service but what is up with the pitiful salads at Universal?
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

20160924_125716.jpg Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

There were tasty - but very small - not only the portion but the sprouts themselves.
I think they might be better with bacon, maple and the cocoa.

20160924_131612.jpg
Bacon Brittle Shake with the $14 shot of Burbon.
It was tasty - but very Milky and they take quite a while to make.
The bacon Brittle was really good but the Chocolate Covered bacon was disappointing.
It is unfortunate that they don't offer it with Alcohol already in it - because the shake is so large and Milky the shot really got lost in it.
I don't see myself order a shake here again in the future - I much prefer the Stick in the Mud shake at Cowfish.

20160924_140411.jpg
Pork Belly Sliders
There were very tasty - bread was really fresh.
It comes with Chocolate Covered bacon as a garnish so you can try it - you can also order a piece of that for like 1.29 (at least at the bar)

20160923_132358.jpg

Totchos - there are really tasty as others have reported - but it is a ridiculously large potion - also not very spicy so ask for it extra spicy

20160924_130253.jpg
The Chocolate Almond bread - very tasty and a bargain at 2.95. Good for absorbing a few pints of the Chocolate Stout.

20160923_080735.jpg
Traditional Breakfast at Leaky Cauldron

The black pudding has no spice to it at all - it was very bland - maybe that is the English style - the Irish style usually has a lot more flavor to it.
Not sure what kind of beans they are using - did not seem to be the Heinz ones I am used to - the sauce was quite bland.
Also there was no white pudding which i would expect with an traditional breakfast as well - maybe that is also an Irish thing.
Would prefer fried eggs and toast with it - but the croissant was not bad at all considering.
But for 16.99 it is a bit pricey - if you are going to have breakfast here it makes sense to get the Dining plan for 21.99 + tax. By the time you add the drink for about $4 (you can get hot or cold butter beer) you have covered the Dining plan cost and can get a drink and a snack for later.

20160926_111606.jpg
Fisherman's Pie at Leaky Cauldron with "side salad"

The pie was actually pretty good and had a fair amount of fish/shrimp in it.
Would have been nice if the top was a bit browner and crispier - and the side salad was pretty lame.

Still with all the raving about the one at Disney F&W - this was far better IMO

Drinks from Cabana Bay pool bars:

3465mk6.jpg

3094w3o.jpg

986jhw.jpg

szhr42.jpg

sq1qvt.jpg

2qn9rx3.jpg

Margherita Pizza from Red Oven Pizza Bakery at CityWalk:

11c9lz9.jpg

Chance's Curse specialty drink at HHN 26:

2em09yr.jpg

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant sandwich at Bayliner Diner at Cabana Bay:

10mps8g.jpg

Poached Eggs on Gouda Swirl at Bayliner Diner at Cabana Bay:

1zbdhkh.jpg

Drinks from Fat Tuesday at CityWalk:

2wea0xs.jpg

51q99l.jpg

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites from the Bavarian Pretzel Tent at HHN 26:

zv55pi.jpg

Chicken strips from the Captain America Diner at IoA:

6r7o0i.jpg

Sangria from Mythos at IoA:

29gbb7o.jpg

Butter at Mythos:

ivfsjl.jpg

Flatbread at Mythos:

2i22z3c.jpg

Pad Thai at Mythos:

wbdq90.jpg

Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream dessert at Mythos:

1z2dgeh.jpg

Butterbeer:

23vnku0.jpg

Beer from the Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls:

9puuqa.jpg

Rum Old Fashioned from the Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls:

vimpo6.jpg

Rum Tasting at Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls:

zlt05z.jpg

wceded.jpg

Macarons from Toothsome:

2i95tty.jpg

Chocolate Cup from Toothsome:

2r2sw92.jpg

Drinks from Toothsome:

2db19xf.jpg

2554e2s.jpg

vzvmlu.jpg

Totchos from Toothsome:

jufhwz.jpg

Pork Belly Sliders from Toothsome:

2hzs21x.jpg

Chicken Gnocchi from Toothsome:

sy15l0.jpg

Steak from Toothsome:

254zgau.jpg

Flatbread from Toothsome:

qs8fif.jpg

Sundae from Toothsome:

fycxg2.jpg

Milkshakes from Toothsome:

rctunm.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

I have to ask - how did you like the shakes (particularly the peanut butter one)?

We LOVED them! The peanut butter one was mine, and it was divine.....just peanut buttery enough without it being too much so (if that makes sense).

We will absolutely be making Toothsome a must-do on future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!