2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Jroyster, food pics of any darkside food places fit in fine in this thread!

I get the bula bar nachos each trip

Margaritaville (all items from the "meal and mini golf" menu)

Chicken Caesar Salad

Cheeseburger in Paradise (minus some of the standard toppings on request):

Chicken breasts with fries (substituted for the island rice) and fire-roasted corn:

From our early June trip.

Thunder Falls Terrace.....
IMG_9853.JPG
Rotisserie Chicken Salad $9.29

IMG_9852.JPG
1/2 Rotisserie Chicken and 2 sides (fries and roasted potatoes) $11.99

IMG_9854.JPG
Bacon Cheeseburger

IMG_9847.JPG
Menu Board

IMG_9848.JPG

Menu Board

IMG_9851.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9852.JPG
    IMG_9852.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9853.JPG
    IMG_9853.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9854.JPG
    IMG_9854.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9847.JPG
    IMG_9847.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 11
Here's a couple from the Royal Pacific Resort. Sorry if these are in the wrong place!

Nachos and frozen beverages from Bula Bula at the Royal Pacific

Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, ordered from the concierge at RPR prior to arrival

Cheese pizza and chocolate chip cookies from room service at RPR

We love those nachos! Pizza looks fantastic I will have to remember to get that next time!

I'm new to the boards (though have been a lurker for a while) so just wanted to share some of my food pics from the last few visits to Universal. Food is what MAKES my vacation :jumping1:

mythos.JPG
The fish tacos at Mythos

hardrock.JPG
Shrimp with a side of mac and cheese at Hard Rock Cafe

finnegans.jpg
milkshake at Finnegan's

finnegans2.jpg
fish and chips Finnegan's

finnegans3.JPG
Onion and potato webb at Finnegans :love:

Sad to say the shrimp was not on the menu at Hard Rock when we were there 4/16. They said it was gone from the menu. Only thin I wanted there:guilty:

Here are a few pics from my June 2016 Trip
CowFish - Kids Ninja Nuggets with Fries/ Apples and a Rice Crispy "Sushi"
FullSize8Render.jpg
CowFish - The Rise and Swine - Burger, Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Black Forest Ham, Sunny Side Up Egg, Bacon, Onions, Cowfish sauce on a onion roll
FullSizeR1ender.jpg
CowFish - The All American Bacon Double Cheesburgooshi - beef, cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, bacon, wrapped in soy paper and potato strings, flash fried topped with dill pickle, onion, tomato and cowfish sauce
FullSizeR3ender.jpg
CowFish- Chinese Chicken Salad - Grilled Chicken, Mixed Greens, Napa Salad Mix, Cilantro, Green Onion, Peanuts, Red Bell Pepper, Snow Peas, Wonton Chips, Peanut Ranch Vinaigrette
FullSizeR4ender.jpg
Cowfish - Tuna Nigiri
FullSizeRen9der.jpg
Cowfish - Bento Box - Spicy Tuna Roll, Cheese Burger, Edamame, Cucumber Salad, Sweet Potato Fries
FullSizeRender.jpg

NBC Sports Grill - French Dip - Roast Beef, Horseradish Cheddar Cheese, Toasted Brioche Onion Roll, Au Jus
IMG_3094.JPG

3 Broomsticks - Breakfast
American Breakfast

Fresh scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, crisp bacon, and link sausage with butter croissant

IMG_3005.JPG

Bubba Gump Shrimp

Watermelon Coronarita
IMG_2955.JPG
Bubba Gump Shrimp - Kids Chicken Nugget Meal (Side shot to show the boat it came in)
IMG_2957.JPG
IMG_2958.JPG
Bubba Gump Shrimp - Side of Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
IMG_2959.JPG
Bubba Gump Shrimp -
Shrimper's Net Catch
Peel n Eat Shrimp, Steamed in Beer with Secret Recipe Cajun Spice - 2/3 pound

IMG_2961.JPG

Specialty Chicken Sandwich at Leaky Cauldron. I subtracted the bacon and subbed in a salad instead of the fries. This was .... Meh. The salad was a bit pitiful. The "roasted tomato" was barely warmed, not roasted at all. The apple butter mayo was just a small dab. I don't like gobs of condiments but it wasn't even enough to put a razor thin layer on the bun. It was fine for theme park QS, but nothing worth writing home about. The cheese was surprisingly flavorful. image.jpeg
Pumpkin cakes and cauldron cakes. So cute!
image.jpeg

Nachos at Margaritaville. I cannot stress enough how large this plate is. It would easily feed 2-3 adults as an entree. No joke - I'm a petite adult woman and it was approximately the size of my torso. I only got through the first layer.

The good: pretty tasty, served piping hot, the ingredients were layered so it wasn't just a bunch of plain chips underneath. An absolute bargain for $17 after tax when you consider how much food this was.

Cons: they used so much cheese sauce that everything got soggy fairly quickly. If I get them again I'll ask for just the shredded cheese. There was a very small amount of chili, sour cream, and guac considering how massive this dish was. Cheese and chips definitely dominated the dish. The guac was deceptive- they put it on top of a pile of jalapeños so it looked like much more guac than it was (and there was a spicy green surprise hidden in the guac :rotfl2:).

Strange experience - I asked to be sat next to an outlet so I could charge my phone. After 15+ minutes of no service, I asked the bartender who my server was. He said I'd been told to sit at a table where they assumed you weren't going to order. Um, what? Why would any restaurant assume you weren't going to order? Service was good except for that strangeness.
image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter