2 questions regarding Resort dining

Sandy817

Earning My Ears
My DH and I will be staying at POFQ. We will be visiting my dad, my brother and his wife for a couple of days prior (they live in the Orlando area) and then they will be bringing us to the resort. I found out my other brother and his wife are coming to visit also and will be joining us for dinner. I made ADRs for us at the Boatswright Restaurant.

Two questions:

1. Can I use our DDP for me and my husband? Will we need a separate bill?
2. If my dad is not up for trip, do I need to change my reservation from 7 to 6? Will that change the time of the reservation?

You don't have to get separate checks they will just deduct your meals from your balance.

I would just call and check with a cast member and check.

2. There is no penalty if a member of a party is missing. The only situation you get charged is if no one in your party shows up.

My DH and I will be staying at POFQ. We will be visiting my dad, my brother and his wife for a couple of days prior (they live in the Orlando area) and then they will be bringing us to the resort. I found out my other brother and his wife are coming to visit also and will be joining us for dinner. I made ADRs for us at the Boatswright Restaurant.

Two questions:

1. Can I use our DDP for me and my husband?
Yes. When you are seated the server will ask if anyone is on the dining plan. Let the server know that 2 of you will be using dining credits.

1a. Will we need a separate bill?
Yes. At the end of the meal the server will bring 2 separate bills. One will be for the dining plan. The other will include everything that is being paid out of pocket. Note that parties of 6 or more will be charged the automatic 18% gratuity which will be calculated separately for each bill.

2. If my dad is not up for trip, do I need to change my reservation from 7 to 6? Will that change the time of the reservation?
When you arrive at the restaurant just let the castmembers at the podium know that there will be 6 of you dining. You will not be charged the no show penalty for the missing person. It is only charged if you don't cancel before the deadline and then no one shows up at the restaurant.

My answers in blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter