• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 older adult females

isla bonita

DIS Veteran
I have 2 loder adult females doing disney for the first time. One does no rides. Any suggestions that you think would be ok?

Huh? My sis and I (we're sort of old ladies) travel once a year together and usually go to WDW. Sis doesn't enjoy all the rides I do, so she sits and 'people watches' while I do the rides. Not a biggie. I decided a looong time ago even though we go places together, we can't give up our independence and what we enjoy to do, life is short.

What does she consider rides? Is she thinking of thrill rides like Tower-of-Terror or Roller Coasters.

There are many other 'rides' at WDW where you just sit in a car/boat/theatre and experience the ride - Small World, a lot of Epcot rides, 3d movies ....

I think you can easily avoid the thrill rides - but still have a good experience.

DizzKnee

i went last year with a friend and her family, and mosto f her faimly doesnt do rides either! thrill rides, anyway. none o the mountains or rock n roller coaster or tower of terror, or Dinosaur or Mission:space, things like that. but they do all the shows and parades (which i never do with my family and it was nice to be shown that partof the "world") and they do rides such as winnie the pooh and other tamer ride throughs. All the others i just went solo and they went off shopping or something and i would meet them at whichever store they were in.

Thanks All, that is pretty much what I recomended to them. Let the one who wants to do the rides do them and single riders go fast. Then share what you like. I was thinking if I had left anything else out. It is a first trip for one of them. I want it to be the best for them both.

The shows and 3-D movies are wonderful as well--I particularly like Voyage of the Little Mermaid at MGM, and Philharmagic at MK. And of course the World Showcase has hardly any rides--just shops and restaurants as far as the eye can see... :earboy2:

they need to study a guide.

the guide can tell me what is a show and what is a ride.

especially thrill rides - on my list of thrill rides - all the mountains in the MK (space mountain, big thunder mountain, splash mountain), if you have back problems I won't suggest Winnie the Pooh it can be jarring.

Epcot
Test Track
Mission:space
Body wars (when it is opened)
Soarin' (but only if you are afraid of heigths
Norway's ride - some people think will be frighting but it is tame - very, very tame.

Studios
Rock and Roll Coaster
Tower of Terror
Star Tours

AK
Dinasour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter