***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Ugh, still sick today :( Luckily I work a split shift so I'm laying on the couch watching tv until I have to go back to work.

No magicbands yet...it looks like they're somewhere in PA right now.

Ugh, still sick today :( Luckily I work a split shift so I'm laying on the couch watching tv until I have to go back to work.

Oh no... :( That really sucks! Sending positive vibes n hope you feel better soon!

So on a totally non-Disney note, to anybody going to Universal, I called the Dining Line just now to ask about reservations for Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, and they are still NOT taking reservations. I was hoping since we were less than 30 days until I would be there, they might be by now, but no dice. I asked the lady if she knew when they might start taking them, and she told me in no uncertain terms that not all restaurants at City Walk go to a reservation system, so they may stay walk-up only for the foreseeable future. Bummer.
I know. :( We ended up reserving a table at Cowfish.

Feel better! Our first set should be here today. Fingers crossed.

So on a totally non-Disney note, to anybody going to Universal, I called the Dining Line just now to ask about reservations for Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, and they are still NOT taking reservations. I was hoping since we were less than 30 days until I would be there, they might be by now, but no dice. I asked the lady if she knew when they might start taking them, and she told me in no uncertain terms that not all restaurants at City Walk go to a reservation system, so they may stay walk-up only for the foreseeable future. Bummer.

Thanks for the update! I plan to do this on arrival day... Just head there and roam around and wait since we're not doing a park that day... Hopefully this works and DS2 won't be too cranky.

I know. :( We ended up reserving a table at Cowfish.

I ate at Cowfish when I went to Universal in Jan 2015 and OMG they had the most delicious fried pickles ever! My dad still talks about them, and he is the least food-motivated person I have ever known in my life! :rotfl2:

@areno79 ughhhhhhhh, I hope you feel better soon!

I wish my tracking would update on my Magic Bands! They shipped Friday from Memphis, which is only a little over 100 miles away, but the tracking hasn't changed since then. Maybe it'll be like an amazon order I had last week. The tracking never updated, but it arrived a day earlier than expected! Maybe I'll get home today and they'll be there! Roomie is only working a half day today (making up for all the overtime for her conference over the weekend), so if they arrive before I get home, I know she will be blowing up my phone!

Mine has been in Memphis since Friday as well--we have time though, so it will be okay.

Thanks for the update! I plan to do this on arrival day... Just head there and roam around and wait since we're not doing a park that day... Hopefully this works and DS2 won't be too cranky.
Yeah, we are going to attempt to get a table after the park closes on 12/5 around 7pm. Hoping since it's a Monday it won't be crazy, but we don't have anything else planned that night, so unless the wait is something absolutely bananas, we'll just wait it out.

So last night DH got really excited over pressed pennies of all things. :confused3 So I was looking into how many there are and geez oh pete! I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable amount of coins to take is. But I also wanted to have a plan for them when we got home. I'm sure we'll be making a photo book of the trip afterwards and we could attach them to pages in there. But I also saw this and thought it was really cool. If we did it on rustic wood, it would even fit our decor at home.

e5100786168929e1122fb1ba27b4b89a.jpg

I counted. :crazy: 137 pennies and 19 quarters (I think). That totals $84.12. Not terribly bad for a Disney souvenir really. But is it possible or advisable to try to get this many coins pressed in one trip? :confused: It does sound fun to track them down during our park touring and resort hopping. I found this website with tons of info: http://www.themouseforless.com/disney-downloads/pocket-guides/pressed-coins-checklists/

What is everyone else's plan for pressed coins? I see a lot of people are putting coins on their packing list and park bag lists. :D

So last night DH got really excited over pressed pennies of all things. :confused3 So I was looking into how many there are and geez oh pete! I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable amount of coins to take is. But I also wanted to have a plan for them when we got home. I'm sure we'll be making a photo book of the trip afterwards and we could attach them to pages in there. But I also saw this and thought it was really cool. If we did it on rustic wood, it would even fit our decor at home.

View attachment 205530

I counted. :crazy: 137 pennies and 19 quarters (I think). That totals $84.12. Not terribly bad for a Disney souvenir really. But is it possible or advisable to try to get this many coins pressed in one trip? :confused: It does sound fun to track them down during our park touring and resort hopping. I found this website with tons of info: http://www.themouseforless.com/disney-downloads/pocket-guides/pressed-coins-checklists/

What is everyone else's plan for pressed coins? I see a lot of people are putting coins on their packing list and park bag lists. :D
We want to make one of those pieces of art too! But I don't think we'll get all the ones for that in this trip. I'm kinda thinking we'll get maybe 20 pennies on this trip. That'd be a roll of quarters for the pressing fee. It'll just give me more incentive to get back down there to keep collecting!

We want to make one of those pieces of art too! But I don't think we'll get all the ones for that in this trip. I'm kinda thinking we'll get maybe 20 pennies on this trip. That'd be a roll of quarters for the pressing fee. It'll just give me more incentive to get back down there to keep collecting!

I'm not sure if/when we'll get back down there and the pennies from this trip would likely get lost or thrown out by then. haha.

I'm not sure if/when we'll get back down there and the pennies from this trip would likely get lost or thrown out by then. haha.

Honestly, I don't think your trip is long enough to warrant adding this. You'll be busy enough with everything else planned that you'd probably have to give up a few things or rush around in order to accomplish getting ALL the pennies done. Doesn't sound like a fun thing to me. The pressed pennies are a fun diversion for people who are planning to collect them over the years and/or people who have been multiple times already and are looking for something new to do. Tuck this one away for the future if you ever get a chance to start going on a more regular basis.

I ate at Cowfish when I went to Universal in Jan 2015 and OMG they had the most delicious fried pickles ever! My dad still talks about them, and he is the least food-motivated person I have ever known in my life! :rotfl2:

@areno79 ughhhhhhhh, I hope you feel better soon!
What did you guys like from Cowfish? I'm on the fence about Emeril's and was thinking about other options... :P DH liked Emeril's from 4 years ago but thinking about trying something new.

mine are in york, PA. I bet they are sitting right next to each other lol

i'm sorry you're still feeling sick though :(

My pressed pennies will be dependent on how much change we get there. I'm guessing I won't get that much if I don't use cash so much... I think I will invest more time on the photo booths ;) You can make a mini collage to make a Mickey head :)

View attachment 205530

whoa that is really pretty impressive.

A lot of locations have multiple machines... like I feel like CR had 6 different ones or maybe 8 all side by side when I was there last, so you would not have to hit that many locations to get that many. but I'd just get what you can get and not make it your mission in life.

My pressed pennies will be dependent on how much change we get there. I'm guessing I won't get that much if I don't use cash so much... I think I will invest more time on the photo booths ;) You can make a mini collage to make a Mickey head :)

I think I have seen those collages and those are neat too! I'm already going to have more pictures of myself than I want to look at after this trip! :P I've never been very photogenic.

whoa that is really pretty impressive.

A lot of locations have multiple machines... like I feel like CR had 6 different ones or maybe 8 all side by side when I was there last, so you would not have to hit that many locations to get that many. but I'd just get what you can get and not make it your mission in life.

I was thinking that it seemed there are machines pretty close together and they have multiple designs per machine, so you can get 3 or 4 at one machine. So the amount needed to make the example picture above didn't seem terribly difficult like I would need to plan to go far out of our way. Especially since there are some at each resort and we are resort hopping.

I agree though it should not be a main goal of this trip! I'm just trying to figure out how many coins to get from the bank and take with us. If at any point we get bored of it, or forget the coins in the hotel then whatever. I'm sure we can make a smaller version of a mouse head if we didn't get the same number that they used.

DH was very "all or nothing" about it and he wanted our goal to be to get them all. I put my foot down on that idea quickly! But he really liked the mouse head artwork when I showed him.

I think I have seen those collages and those are neat too! I'm already going to have more pictures of myself than I want to look at after this trip! :P I've never been very photogenic.

I was thinking that it seemed there are machines pretty close together and they have multiple designs per machine, so you can get 3 or 4 at one machine. So the amount needed to make the example picture above didn't seem terribly difficult like I would need to plan to go far out of our way. Especially since there are some at each resort and we are resort hopping.

I agree though it should not be a main goal of this trip! I'm just trying to figure out how many coins to get from the bank and take with us. If at any point we get bored of it, or forget the coins in the hotel then whatever. I'm sure we can make a smaller version of a mouse head if we didn't get the same number that they used.

DH was very "all or nothing" about it and he wanted our goal to be to get them all. I put my foot down on that idea quickly! But he really liked the mouse head artwork when I showed him.
I will say that those collages use very small pictures which is ideal when you do not like being photographed! LOL! I really like the idea of that artwork though! It's really too bad I could not go t the bank here and demand pennies! They already think I'm weird for asking $40 worth of dollar bills!

does he play pokemon go? does he gotta catch 'em all? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter