1st Trip to WDW, I have questions!

Leanne1972

I want to go back to WDW!
Thank you for such a wonderful website. I have learned so much in the week that I have been lurking. I do have a couple of questions though,

What is the fee to ride the monorail?

I believe I heard you can travel to WDW by monorail or by ferry, is this accurate?

Can you get your hand stamped and return to WDW later in the day even if you are not staying in a resort hotel?

How far is Seaworld from WDW (example 10 minutes, 20 minutes). I am not going to have a car but will be relying on the shuttle bus from my hotel.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi Leanne and welcome to the DIS!

There is no fee to ride the monorail, transportation is complimentary.
You may choose either the ferry or the monorail when you board at the Transportation and Ticket Center, both will take you to the Magic Kingdom entrance. You may also catch the monorail to Epcot at the TTC.
You will need to get your hand stamped and present your ticket to return to any of the parks in the same day, you do not need to be a resort guest.
Seaworld is approximately a 20-30 minute ride from WDW depending on how many stops your shuttle makes.

Hello & Welcome!!!!!! :wave2:

You've got questions, the Dis has answers!! You came to the right place!
:flower:

WELCOME to the Dis Board. You will find all your questions are answered here in many ways and variations. You will be happy you found us :cheer2:

WOW Leanne, first trip :cool1:

You are going to get the disney fever and get hooked! :wizard:

Which parks are you all planning on going to? How long are you staying? One thing I did not know about when our family first came to Orlando, was Downtown Disney.... If you get a chance, take a trip down there! It is well worth it. We make a whole family day out of just going there.

Hi Leanne and Welcome to the DIS :wave:

You can post all your different questions on the relevent boards for some great responses.

The Transportation and Ticket Center is where your shuttle bus drops you off for Magic Kingdom (and for Epcot for some hotel shuttles) if you are not staying at a Disney resort. Folks who drive to Magic Kingdom park there, too.

Whether or not you are staying at a Disney resort you can ride the monorails any time during the day.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Thank you for your quick responses, and the welcomes!!!!

Micki Streeter - I am coming to Florida for a week, May 19-26. I plan to visit WDW 3 days, Seaworld possibly two days if they are still giving out free passes for 2nd visits, and possibly Animal Kingdom. I certainly do want to go to Downtown Disney. My mom is excited about the Christmas store there, and I really want to go to the Scrapbook store there.

So exciting to see my ticker changing everyday!!! I hope the next month goes by quickly!!! ::MinnieMo

Theres a scrapbook store at Downtown Disney :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Ill have to keep that bit of info to myself because dh and the kids won't go if I tell them that :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter