1st time at Coral Reef

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
After 20+ visits to WDW we finally tried Coral Reef and had a GREAT experience. We had lunch there, for our Birthday, and were seated on the front by the tanks. I don't know who enjoyed this more myself or the 5 year old little girl next to us.
We had the calamari appy and it was very good, even though I'm not really a fan. I had the shrimp and grits and it was also very good. DH had the trout and also enjoyed it.
Since it was our birthday we both also got dessertspixiedust:. I had the cheesecake and it was a pleasant surprise, not really the normal, a light yummy cheesecake ball on top of the turtle topping. It was just right for after the entree. DH had the molten chocolate cake which was also great, kinda like on the cruises we have been on.
It was soo relaxing to sit and watch the fish while dining:fish:. I was really surprised how much we liked this place PLUS we got 10% off using our Disney Visa!:yay:

thank u sooo much.. i soo wanna make a ressie for me and my 7 yr old but i keep cancelling..wasnt sure it was kid friendly

While you will find many who don't enjoy CR, we've had nothing but good dining experiences there. We're usually willing to wait for a table next to the tank, though it's often noisier there. The grilled octopus appetizer notable, and the fish dishes have been expertly cooked. Solid wine list, good service. It's not a must-do restaurant for us, but we've found it to be better than average. I do know that as crowded as it gets in there that service or food quality can suffer, but neither have been an issue for us.

leanne11:
We had a 12:30 LUNCH ressie and was seated 15 min. early. Not sure if that made the difference in seating but it seemed there are MORE 2 person tables on the front?
They give the kids a ":fish: chart" to look for fish in the tank. The little girl next to us really liked this and wanted me to help. Don't expect your 7 year old to eat much though.:)

We went there for lunch back in 2014 and had a great meal. While we weren't right next to the tank, the food was really good and we could still see everything. Plus, the chocolate wave cake (I think that's what it's called) is to die for.

I would totally go back here again! We went for the 1st time on our last trip, food was excellent and we were sat right in front of the tank as well. Got lucky enough to see a few people scuba diving in the tank! was pretty neat

I also just tried it this year for the first time after 50+ visits since 1991. Had a great meal/experience. We were not at a table next to the tank - we had one of the curved booths on that lowest level though. Thought it was even better than being right next to the tank because we could see a larger portion of the aquarium. Hoping to go back soon!

After 20+ visits to WDW we finally tried Coral Reef and had a GREAT experience. We had lunch there, for our Birthday, and were seated on the front by the tanks. I don't know who enjoyed this more myself or the 5 year old little girl next to us.
We had the calamari appy and it was very good, even though I'm not really a fan. I had the shrimp and grits and it was also very good. DH had the trout and also enjoyed it.
Since it was our birthday we both also got dessertspixiedust:. I had the cheesecake and it was a pleasant surprise, not really the normal, a light yummy cheesecake ball on top of the turtle topping. It was just right for after the entree. DH had the molten chocolate cake which was also great, kinda like on the cruises we have been on.
It was soo relaxing to sit and watch the fish while dining:fish:. I was really surprised how much we liked this place PLUS we got 10% off using our Disney Visa!:yay:

I was not aware that the Disney visa had a discount on restaurants.....is there a list somewhere of which restaurants you can get that benefit? We have the dining plan for our upcoming trip, but there are a few extra table service places where we are paying out of pocket. It did not occur to me that there might be a discount.

They are listed on the Disney Rewards Card site under perks/Magic Kingdom. Most discounts (10%) are for lunch but they also gave it to us for dinner at Biergarten this trip. Not a lot but every bit helps when eating at WDW, especially since we are always OOP.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can combine the Disney Visa discount with the Dining Plan to use it for items not covered on the plan (appetizers, alcoholic beverages, etc.)? Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can combine the Disney Visa discount with the Dining Plan to use it for items not covered on the plan (appetizers, alcoholic beverages, etc.)? Thanks.
You can use it on the appetizers but I don't think for alcoholic drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter