???

GalDisney

DIS Veteran
Why is the heart of Summer July 8 thru Aug. considered value season for the deluxe resort? This is the busiest part of summer. And why isnt this same time considered value season or the moderates and values?

summer is when the largest amount of young familys with young children go and young familys are least likely to be in a cash flow situation for the more expensive resorts so the mods and values will fill up faster. they feel they are spreading the guests around a bit more by giving reason to book deluxe. Disclaimer; this is just my theory but it seems logical.

In speaking with a resort CM a few years ago, she mentioned that the resort seasons don't necessarily correlate with the park seasons.

Several months ago, Steve the Tikiman said the Polynesian is only 50% booked during that timeframe. The deluxes would all probably be about the same in occupancy levels, so I can see why they'd be value season.

At the same time, the Disney website doesn't show much availability, so I don't know if this information is true.

My sources at Poly (current employees who know the booking schedule) say that it's pretty decently booked thru fall right now. There are openings in the schedule but according to my sources.. they aren't hurting either.

But that seems to jive with overall bookings finally being up higher than pre- 2001 levels.

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter